Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

"The Chosen One" Football Genius

Read 4964 times
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      "The Chosen One" Football Genius
      Mar 18, 2014 05:16:37 pm
      Have there been any more hilarious moments than late on in the game when the lads brought that banner out in its full glory? With that absolutely priceless photo on the side of it? Brilliant!

The mods can close this if they feel its a bit too close to the laugh at the mancs thread but I thought it could be a place where we just simply laugh at how growingly embarassing these press conferences and interviews are getting for Moyes.

A few blinding quotes;-

"My future has not changed one bit, said Moyes. I have a great job. I have a six-year contract. This club does not work on short-term vision, it works on a long-term vision."

"They possibly do come here favourites, said Moyes. Their league position suggests they're ahead of us." - from before the game at old trafford against us.

"When we discussed the candidates that we felt had the right attributes we unanimously agreed on "The Chosen One". David is a man of great integrity with a strong work ethic. I’ve admired his work for a long time and approached him as far back as 1998 to discuss the position of Assistant Manager here. He was a young man then at the start of his career and has since gone on to do a magnificent job at Everton. There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this Club." by Whiskey Nose.

Here is the post match interview against us.
      "The Chosen One": I can't explain Liverpool defeat
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Re: "The Chosen One" Football Genius
      Reply #1: Mar 18, 2014 06:04:51 pm
      No one's going to argue mate, brilliant opening post.
      "The Chosen One" is a F***ing genius - look at his achievement in one season, let's not forget though who we have to thank for him being given the opportunity to F**k up so magnificently. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Mar 18, 2014 06:22:54 pm
      1:40 into that clip. "I think if you get a goal then it can alter things".....No sh*t Sherlock, thinking like that you are wasted being a manager, should be finding out the secrets of the universe.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #3: Mar 18, 2014 08:40:21 pm
      He's got that look of a haunted man,next up Olympiacos don't know why but I reckon they will win this one ,then get rolled over by west ham and a certain Andy Carroll terrorizing there stacked defence,then Man city roll into old toilet hmmmm things could get really bad in the next couple of weeks.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: Mar 18, 2014 08:43:12 pm
      He was a picture and a half shouting his lungs off throughout the early part of the match. There's a good gif in the laugh at United thread showing some of it, but I remember him doing it over and over again to both Van Sulk and Shrek, seems like both of them simply ignored him.

When you lose the respect of the senior players your time is limited, to be honest at least Rooney has put in a shift for them this season and any time I've watched them he's been their best player. RVP should be ashamed of the effort he's put in and anyone who voted for him as player of the season last year might want to reconsider their vote because he's shown his true colours and nobody needs a fair weather player.

It's nice to see them as a shambles but things like that still disgust me from players who are adored by their fans and hero worshipped by some young lads. Another reason why I was so disappointed by Suarez last Summer because I can accept the biting, the racism case but the lack of respect for your own club really grates with me. Thankfully it appears his attitude has changed but I wont be totally converted until the Summer window shuts on that one. The shining example of Stevie G blinds them all and that's why we can be so very proud of our captain.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Mar 18, 2014 09:47:26 pm
      Yep, agree. Genius. I'm hoping he gets to stay for his full 6 year contract, and beyond.

The stuff coming out about Rio is great. Moyes saying 'well Phil (Jakielka) would do this in this situation' ... :) Classic.

And the pics of rasher face in stand. Priceless :)
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #6: Mar 18, 2014 10:03:21 pm
      Personally I hope he doesn't see out his contract.
      Simply by virtue of the fact that the only way he lasts that long is if he turns things around.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: Mar 18, 2014 10:06:00 pm
      Posted the link in the Man U game thread.

Hes got BIG plans said Gollum ..... thats why he has 6 years he says .

Ill drink to that .
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #8: Mar 18, 2014 10:45:01 pm
      Take a bow "The Chosen One".
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #9: Mar 18, 2014 10:46:33 pm
      Personally think he is one of the greatest managers in modern day football, United are damn lucky to have him.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #10: Mar 18, 2014 10:56:44 pm
      It does remind me so much of Hodgson when he was the manager here, a nice guy and all but the job is too big for him and he only knows how to play one way. I'm actually hoping for an upswing in their results because the longer he is at the club the better it is for us. Lopped would turn them around very quickly so fingers crossed Smeagol shows enough between now and the end of the season to keep his job and waste a few more quid.

I couldn't believe he waited 75 minutes to make a sub at the weekend and he kept Van Persie on the pitch despite him being completely an utterly woeful for 90 minutes. I was amazed tbh.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Mar 18, 2014 11:01:28 pm
      Thing is, there is a good chance he will be given at least another couple of seasons because they will hopefully look at it in the way that Fergie took about 7 years to start having success there. In 7 years time should they keep Moyes they will be traveling down to the likes of Aldershot and such like for their league games. Fingers crossed anyway, keep up the great work Moyes you F***ing pr**k!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Mar 18, 2014 11:49:48 pm
      1:40 into that clip. "I think if you get a goal then it can alter things".....No sh*t Sherlock, thinking like that you are wasted being a manager, should be finding out the secrets of the universe.

Best quote was "goals really change games". Absolutely hilarious.

Brendan has never said that. It's always something technical because he knows what the F**k he's on about unlike the ginger goblin.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #13: Mar 19, 2014 12:00:34 am
      He was a picture and a half shouting his lungs off throughout the early part of the match. There's a good gif in the laugh at United thread showing some of it, but I remember him doing it over and over again to both Van Sulk and Shrek, seems like both of them simply ignored him.

When you lose the respect of the senior players your time is limited, to be honest at least Rooney has put in a shift for them this season and any time I've watched them he's been their best player. RVP should be ashamed of the effort he's put in and anyone who voted for him as player of the season last year might want to reconsider their vote because he's shown his true colours and nobody needs a fair weather player.

It's nice to see them as a shambles but things like that still disgust me from players who are adored by their fans and hero worshipped by some young lads. Another reason why I was so disappointed by Suarez last Summer because I can accept the biting, the racism case but the lack of respect for your own club really grates with me. Thankfully it appears his attitude has changed but I wont be totally converted until the Summer window shuts on that one. The shining example of Stevie G blinds them all and that's why we can be so very proud of our captain.

Had a chuckle at that during the game almost, almost felt sorry for him.

In the first half camera showed him calling "Wayne, Wayne, Wayne, Wayne" to no avail each time and with a look of derision he just shook his head and turned away from the pitch for the moment.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Mar 19, 2014 12:07:07 am
      This thread isn't being given the justice it deserves without a picture of the thread Title so here goes:

Now, that's better.  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15: Mar 19, 2014 12:17:31 am
      This was a genuine mock up made by Man Utd fans visualising the future back in May last year.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #16: Mar 19, 2014 01:19:43 am
      They hired a mid table manager for a mid table club, perfect fit.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #17: Mar 19, 2014 11:50:26 am
      Anyone see the stat yesterday of Everton's first 29 league games last season vs Utd's this...

Pretty much identical....
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18: Mar 19, 2014 12:58:29 pm
      Everton academy coach Kevin Sheedy lays into "The Chosen One" for ''negative football'' and neglecting youth

Everton legend Kevin Sheedy, who is now an academy coach with the Toffees, has put the boot into under-pressure Manchester United manager "The Chosen One".

Sheedy worked under Moyes for seven years, when the Scot was in charge at Goodison Park.

And during United's 3-0 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday, Sheedy took to Twitter to lambast his former boss.

First he tweeted: "All of you out there moyes was never interested in our youth team or players.

"In my 7 years moyes showed no interest in our youth team."

He then mocked United's tactic of kicking long to giant midfielder Marouane Fellaini, tweeting: "Punt the ball up to Fellaini. Great viewing."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-academy-coach-kevin-sheedy-3251617#ixzz2wPcs3cMU

The beauty about the Genius Moyes is that he was the chosen one - chosen by the drunken rat as he left a sinking ship... two cu*ts with one stone.  >:D
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #19: Mar 19, 2014 01:01:27 pm
      The comments from Sheedy are interesting. But are they accurate? Moyes had quite a few young lads in his first team over the years at Everton, I thought.

Rooney, Barkley....er.....actual ly he might have a point.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #20: Mar 19, 2014 01:15:17 pm
       :lmao:

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #21: Mar 19, 2014 02:01:09 pm

Not mine.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #22: Mar 19, 2014 02:16:23 pm
      It's amazing how often Moyes and Hodgson are referred to by Mancs.

"Moyes Is Our Hodgson" etc

I suppose the big differences being that I don't think ONE Liverpool fan thought that Woy was a good choice as Liverpool manager, whereas I think that most United fans may have had major doubts, but were swayed by the fact that Ferguson personally chose Moyes himself. And he got more decisions right than wrong, after all.

Oh yeah, and Woy didn't take over the current League Champions

I hope he lasts far longer at United than Woy did at Liverpool, and with just as much success.

Quick Reply