Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Anfield-Next 5 games

Read 5588 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Anfield-Next 5 games
      Mar 18, 2014 06:45:02 pm
      Of our 9 games to go 5 are at fortress Anfield. 15 points to play for at home. 2 of the sides that visit are title rivals.

In 2005 I was not one of the lucky ones to have a ticket to watch the champions league semi final. I couldn't go the pub for fear of not having a good spec or being able to hear the commentary so I sat at home. Almost a bit embarrassing looking back now thinking of myself sat there covered head to toe in Liverpool gear scarf and all  ;). Anyway what I witnessed that night was amazing. Its been spoken off so many times since but it truly was awe inspiring.

To see 40 thousand become 1. The colours of the various jerseys home and away old jerseys once it was Liverpool who cared. Proper flags being waved scarfs held aloft a sight to behold and that was just the Kemlyn and Annie road!! The Kop, well what words can I use to describe that sight that night. I don't care what anyone says the Kop, Anfield, that night got to Chelsea, got to Mourinho and sure as im typing this raised our boys to give every last drop of energy they had. Amazing

Now for the first time in 24 years were closing in on a title. Surely to God knowing this we can get that Anfield atmosphere back for 5 games. Terrify Sunderland Spurs and Newcastle and show city and Chelsea the power of a true football giant. Scare them in to surrender scare them into mistakes scare them in to defeat

Our management and squad have given us great moments this season, they might yet give us the greatest moment in 24 years so for fook sake lets do our bit for them. Lets lift them across the finish line, get Anfield rocking for these 5 games be a proper 12th man. The travelling reds always do there bit now let the 42 thousand in Anfield play there part
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Re: Anfield-Next 5 games
      Reply #1: Mar 18, 2014 08:42:57 pm
      Absolutely right. Rallying call to the masses. Stand up and be counted lads. History can be made here with this team. Our only job as fans is to sing till your throats are sore.

If our fans are as loud as we can be early doors can anyone honestly see our lads coming out and taking it easy on the opposition in the first half of games?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Mar 18, 2014 10:49:07 pm
      Can't see it being any other way then being electric during those 5 games. Already told the missus if I win the lotto in the next few weeks, me and the lads are flying over to Liverpool for the last home match against Newcastle. She said go for it.  ;D   

I'm smiling just thinking about the possibilities.

Come on You Reds. FUCKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG RRRRROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRR!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3: Mar 19, 2014 01:15:51 pm

If our fans are as loud as we can be early doors can anyone honestly see our lads coming out and taking it easy on the opposition in the first half of games?

That cant be underestimated. That place at full voice can frighten other teams into mistakes and lift our players game a level, no doubt about it
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Mar 19, 2014 01:36:31 pm
      I think the fact we've not played a home game for a month will help.  Lots of Kopites will have withdrawal symptoms especially with how the season is now looking  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #5: Mar 24, 2014 01:10:09 pm
      This starts this week.

Please give us an atmosphere to frighten the sh*te out of Sunderland Wednesday night get the 3 points and then repeat it against Spurs. I cant help but believe our crowd has a huge part to play in the title race. Lets get behind the lads like it was a European night
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #6: Mar 24, 2014 01:34:32 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7: Mar 26, 2014 01:19:10 pm
      Whose going tonight?

Hope from about 30 minutes before kick off the place is rocking. Get the poetry in motion rocking get the Stevie G song out get the Lucas song out get the Rodgers song out. Then cheer every fooking name announced in the team like they were your own family out there. Then lift the roof for YNWA then when the game starts let oout the loudest fooking roar you can and dont stop until 10 minutes after teh team have left the pitch at the end
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #8: Mar 27, 2014 01:35:42 pm
      Was ok last night not great. Thought it was loud and right behind the boys early doors but in the second half I thought the crowd added to the nervous tension by getting worked up over little things. The crowd panicked and the players felt it I thought.

We need to stay positive for the 90 lift them boys in a spell where were not going well
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #9: Mar 30, 2014 09:44:23 am
      4 games now. 360 minutes..listen to the gaffer

"My message to the fans is to enjoy it," Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo. "We need the fans to stay calm. I know when you want something so much, that's easier said than done.

"They haven't been in this position for a while. I can understand that sometimes there is that bit of trepidation and fear.

"But what we're looking to put in place here isn't just for one season. We're looking to put something in place for the longer term in order to have sustainable success.

"We're hoping that last season was the beginning. It maybe didn't seem that way in the first four to six months but we did a lot of the groundwork last year and we've been evolving ever since.

"The atmosphere at Anfield can be a real cauldron and now we really need our army of supporters to really get behind us.

"If a player makes a mistake, then encourage him. That's so important, because if they get that encouragement then they will get on the ball again.

"Amazing support at home is something we've had all season. Let's make sure in these last remaining games it continues along that way. Don't be frightened to really enjoy it because as players and staff, we will."

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #10: Mar 30, 2014 02:25:40 pm
      The countdown has just begun. The lads must keep reminding themselves that they are 7-games away from putting their very own names into the "Hall Of Fame".
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #11: Mar 31, 2014 01:36:10 pm
      Thought it was awesome yesterday!! that cheer that went up about a minute after the full time whistle before teh lads went tdown the tunnell was nerve tingling. That was belief
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: Mar 31, 2014 01:44:29 pm
      The countdown has just begun. The lads must keep reminding themselves that they are 7-games away from putting their very own names into the "Hall Of Fame".

One down, SIX to go.    ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #13: Apr 01, 2014 07:28:09 pm
      We had spurs beat 2 mins before kick off. Seen a clip last night of the ground singing YNWA before the game as normal, but when we kept it going the volume rose, several of the spurs players are just looking at the kop, Soldado is visibly taken aback.

Basically spurs were beaten by the crowd. 3 more days like that and well have 9 points bagged before a ball is kicked. When Anfield is like that even Anfield doesn't realise its strenght
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #14: Apr 07, 2014 06:39:46 pm
      Two down, FIVE to go.   
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #15: Apr 07, 2014 09:27:20 pm
      3 games at Anfield

City Chelsea Newcastle. 9 points there and were just about there. Starting on Sunday with City we need to have 3 atmospheres to overshadow inter st Etienne Roma Juve and Chelsea!!

Even the star players that city have can bottle it 
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #16: Apr 07, 2014 09:33:58 pm
      3 games at Anfield

City Chelsea Newcastle. 9 points there and were just about there. Starting on Sunday with City we need to have 3 atmospheres to overshadow inter st Etienne Roma Juve and Chelsea!!

Even the star players that city have can bottle it 
      The biggest game in my life as a Liverpool fan bar Istanbul. Think I'll sh*t bricks during it :)

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #17: Apr 14, 2014 09:54:29 pm
      Then there was 2!!

Crowd have been amazing lately but theres still more in them, I think Chelsea will see that
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Apr 14, 2014 10:00:21 pm
      Then there was 2!!

Crowd have been amazing lately but theres still more in them, I think Chelsea will see that

I think Chelsea will see more than what City saw as well to be honest. Especially with that possibly being the game that wins us the league. If we beat Chelsea then Palace and Newcastle won't have enough. Not trying disrespect them and I've thoroughly enjoyed what Pulis has done at that club since he took over but I struggle to see what more they could offer than City or Chelsea that would worry us.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #19: Apr 15, 2014 07:58:41 am
      I think Chelsea will see more than what City saw as well to be honest. Especially with that possibly being the game that wins us the league. If we beat Chelsea then Palace and Newcastle won't have enough. Not trying disrespect them and I've thoroughly enjoyed what Pulis has done at that club since he took over but I struggle to see what more they could offer than City or Chelsea that would worry us.

I think every game now the noise and itensity will be ratcheted up. Didnt make it up on Sunday, but guessing the atmosphere was on a par with St Ettiene / Olympiakos or the Chelsea Champions League semi's

I expect Chelsea will top that... and as for the Newcastle game.....
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #20: Apr 15, 2014 11:28:54 am
      if we beat chelsea, we have two of the best games ever to get through before being crowned champions!!!
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #21: Apr 15, 2014 11:32:28 am
      if we beat chelsea, we have two of the best games ever to get through before being crowned champions!!!

Need to beat Norwich BEFORE we even think about Chelsea
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Apr 15, 2014 03:45:50 pm

Need to beat Norwich BEFORE we even think about Chelsea

Quick Reply