Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Omens

Read 9789 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Omen's
      Reply #23: Mar 31, 2014 09:19:01 am
      We didn't win the league that season did we?

Yeah the stat was the team on top at Christmas wins the league. The last time a team was top at Christmas that didn't go on to win it was Liverpool 08/09.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #24: Mar 31, 2014 09:26:49 am
      Not necessarily an omen.... but - 25 years since Hillsborough

I always thought that our title in 89/90 was almost an 'aftershock' win, and then the trauma & grief hit afterwards

With the truth now coming out, the inquests starting, I think its time to 'heal the wound' and close that difficult chapter and walk on, with hope in our hearts, and open up a new title-winning chapter
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2777 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2014 09:21:01 pm
      Lads not really an omen but Solodee started the pre match threads v utd and spurs, can we leave all pre match threads to him until the end of the season?
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #26: Apr 01, 2014 01:57:02 am
      Lads not really an omen but Solodee started the pre match threads v utd and spurs, can we leave all pre match threads to him until the end of the season?
      Im not supersticious, but that sounds really good to me  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 01, 2014 04:22:25 am
      Not necessarily an omen.... but - 25 years since Hillsborough

I always thought that our title in 89/90 was almost an 'aftershock' win, and then the trauma & grief hit afterwards

With the truth now coming out, the inquests starting, I think its time to 'heal the wound' and close that difficult chapter and walk on, with hope in our hearts, and open up a new title-winning chapter

Totally agree mate. With it being 25 years since Hillsborough and the truth now out I think it would be a very touching and fantastic tribute to the 96 to have Stevie G lift the premiership trophy to start a new era of Liverpool domination.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Re: Omens
      Reply #28: Apr 01, 2014 04:56:59 am
      Not an omen or anything, but my cat was watching the television with rapt attention Sunday when Suarez scored, but I was watching the game on DVR, so I'm not sure if that counts since it wasn't live.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #29: Apr 01, 2014 07:06:18 am
      Not an omen or anything, but my cat was watching the television with rapt attention Sunday when Suarez scored, but I was watching the game on DVR, so I'm not sure if that counts since it wasn't live.

Nah, sorry mate but DVR use negates your pussys involvement.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #30: Apr 01, 2014 08:54:40 am

Was that the DVR or the cat that wasn't live.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #31: Apr 01, 2014 11:44:57 am
      Was that the DVR or the cat that wasn't live.

It's CharlesD's cat, not Schrödinger's cat.  ;)
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #32: Apr 01, 2014 02:04:22 pm
      It's CharlesD's cat, not Schrödinger's cat.  ;)

:)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #33: Apr 04, 2014 12:53:53 am
      I was looking down the runners on the National this weekend and there's a horse called Walkon...if that wins then it's gotta be a sure fire thing we're gonna win the League.

If Walkon fails to win the National of course, then it's still a sure fire thing we're gonna win the League.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: Apr 04, 2014 07:38:49 am
      I'm worried about one of my Omens.

I have a spliff before every match but on the weekend we play Citeh, I'm on holidays for a week and we are going to Queensland. Can't take any on the plane, so am going to have to search high and low when I get there. Going to be F***ing hard finding someone to sell me some at the Kids theme parks.  :D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Apr 04, 2014 06:02:50 pm
      Can I take some of the credit away from Brendan. Since I stopped using the prediction league in Jan this year we have never looked back.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #36: Apr 05, 2014 12:22:10 am
      I'll be watching via DVR again this week since it's a Sunday game and it starts before I get out of church.  The cat will be firmly entrenched in the room again.  Let's not take any chances. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4985 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #37: Apr 05, 2014 02:57:19 pm
      Fried beans... yeeuuk. That's a particularly English palate which is, sadly, creeping in; you lads are a nation of  bean eaters...

Bubba English:  "You can barbecue 'em, boil 'em, broil 'em, bake 'em, saute 'em. Dey's uh, bean-kabobs, bean creole, bean gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple beans, lemon beans, coconut beans, pepper beans, bean soup, bean stew, bean salad, bean and potatoes, bean burger, bean sandwich. That- that's about it."

BEAN sick after reading that Mouse !

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4985 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Apr 05, 2014 03:15:06 pm
      I've been having a w*nk on the eve of a game after we have won the game before, it's great for your health as it gets the blood pumping which in turn is good cardio vascular excersize, we have six games left by which time I could have a forearm like f***in popeye  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  ;D

YNWA
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #39: Apr 05, 2014 03:30:36 pm

I have a spliff before every match but on the weekend we play Citeh, I'm on holidays for a week and we are going to Queensland. Can't take any on the plane, so am going to have to search high and low when I get there. Going to be f**king hard finding someone to sell me some at the Kids theme parks.  :D

Don't worry mate, I'll smoke two before the City game. One for me, one for you! ;)
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #40: Apr 06, 2014 01:29:22 am

I have a spliff before every match but on the weekend we play Citeh, I'm on holidays for a week and we are going to Queensland. Can't take any on the plane, so am going to have to search high and low when I get there. Going to be f**king hard finding someone to sell me some at the Kids theme parks.  :D

Weirdly enough I'm up in Queensland and moving to Melbourne. Will be in Brizzy for the match though. Got a small section that I don't mind sharing with a fellow Red if you wanna DM me
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      Reply #41: Apr 06, 2014 06:27:46 am
      You Superstar. Will PM you tonight mate. Happy Days.  ;D
      rezared
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 06, 2014 07:01:56 am
      You Superstar. Will PM you tonight mate. Happy Days.  ;D

Feel free to contact me aussie if you are on the Gold coast...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      Reply #43: Apr 06, 2014 08:24:44 am
      Feel free to contact me aussie if you are on the Gold coast...

Loving the LFC Reds, always helping out a fellow RED. F**k we're awesome.

Deffo mate will PM you tonight as well as I will be travelling down to Brissy on the Friday but most of the week will be up on the Gold Coast at the Royal Pines Resort.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #44: Apr 07, 2014 10:34:37 am
      Right yesterday's game was my biggest fear of being a danger of dropping point's. So thank fcuk we put away that ''fat cnut's shower of non-playing bast*rd's to bed'' here's my omen. Born 11/05/1974. 40 years old 11/02/2014. Last game of the season 11/05/2014. What would i like for my B'day?........................ ....
      On a side note my missus is due our 2nd baby since last wednesday against the Spud's on the previous Sunday i thought she might go but the game was a comfortable one so she was relaxed with me about the house.Yesterday at 1-1 when they scored she screamed like F**k with the pain,the wee 2 year old started screaming too along with mammy thinking little brother or sister was coming.Daddy(me) left the room fcuking&blinding when along came Thomas(2 1/2years old)behind me saying''Daddy it's ok,Mammy said we will win,baby will wait'' . Anyway we won & still waiting on baby to come.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: Apr 08, 2014 04:18:11 pm
      if we win our remaining games we will have 89 points.

Quick Reply