Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The relegation battle 2013/2014.

Read 3815 times
      RedLFCBlood
      The relegation battle 2013/2014.
      Mar 31, 2014 10:29:08 am
      Just looking at the table there and the relegation battle with 6 games to go is probably more competitive than the top end of the table at the moment with possibly as many clubs as 7 who could be dragged into the battle in the next 6 games, Sunderland have 3 games in hand on 25 points, winning those 3 games could see them on 34 points which would give them 34 points the same number of points as West Ham currently have who are sitting in 11th place albeit with a game in hand too.

This could possibly turn out to be one of the most exciting premiership season's at both ends of the table in my memory.

Who's your favourite for the drop ?

I'm going to go for Fulham, Cardiff and West Brom, think Sunderland may just make their games in hand count and just about cling on to Premiership Survival.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: The relegation battle 2013/2014.
      Reply #1: Mar 31, 2014 10:48:34 am
      Just looking at the table there and the relegation battle with 6 games to go is probably more competitive than the top end of the table at the moment with possibly as many clubs as 7 who could be dragged into the battle in the next 6 games, Sunderland have 3 games in hand on 25 points, winning those 3 games could see them on 34 points which would give them 34 points the same number of points as West Ham currently have who are sitting in 11th place albeit with a game in hand too.

This could possibly turn out to be one of the most exciting premiership season's at both ends of the table in my memory.

Who's your favourite for the drop ?

I'm going to go for Fulham, Cardiff and West Brom, think Sunderland may just make their games in hand count and just about cling on to Premiership Survival.

At Christmas I voted for Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich to be relegated. Not seen the bottom half of the table for a few weeks but I'm going to stick with those picks. One of Sunderland's games in hand is City at The Etihad so if they do win or even draw then that helps us massively.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2: Mar 31, 2014 11:14:58 am
      Is it a Battle, or a forgone conclusion?

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: Mar 31, 2014 11:23:18 am
      I reckon Fulham, Cardiff and West Brom will drop down this season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Mar 31, 2014 10:44:46 pm
      Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland.

Feel for Bellars but I hate OGS and Tan, Poyet is a knob and Fulham are sh*te
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: Apr 01, 2014 03:38:59 am
      Either way, it's a shame it appears to be going to the wire when we have Palace (Pulis) and West Ham (Fat Sam) to play away from home yet. I'm more worried about those matches than Citeh and the Chavs.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #6: Apr 01, 2014 05:21:57 am
      Fulham and Cardiff for sure and the other one I think would be Sunderland.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7: Apr 01, 2014 06:22:59 am
      Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland.

Feel for Bellars but I hate OGS and Tan, Poyet is a knob and Fulham are sh*te

Agree on all fronts.

Sunderland has it tough I think they still have to play Chelsea, City Arsenal and Spuds.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8: Apr 01, 2014 04:09:22 pm
      Agree on all fronts.

Sunderland has it tough I think they still have to play Chelsea, City Arsenal and Spuds.

ouch if they get more than 3 points from that lot they deserve to stay up
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Apr 01, 2014 06:15:45 pm
      Hope Cardiff go down, would feel bad for Bellamy but I can't stand OGS and hate him with a passion!

Fulham may as well just declare themselves relegated and I can see Sunderland being the 3rd to go down.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #10: Apr 01, 2014 06:29:30 pm
      Hope Cardiff go down, would feel bad for Bellamy but I can't stand OGS and hate him with a passion!

Fulham may as well just declare themselves relegated and I can see Sunderland being the 3rd to go down.

I also want Cardiff to go down. The reason is simple - I had a look at a Cardiff forum just before we played them in the Carling Cup Final 2 years ago and I couldn't believe how much they hated Liverpool and us supporters. Post after post was pure vitriol, so I hope the cu*ts go down and stay down.

As for who is going down, I'm saying it will be Cardiff, Fulham and Sunderland.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #11: Apr 01, 2014 06:39:58 pm
      I quite like Gus Poyet so wouldn't mind Sunderland staying up but think they will join Fulham and Cardiff.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #12: Apr 01, 2014 07:57:50 pm
      I quite like Gus Poyet so wouldn't mind Sunderland staying up but think they will join Fulham and Cardiff.

I quite like him too Si, and he has always been very vocal in his support of Suarez over the Evra issue especially.

Fulham and Cardiff are gone I think and then one from Sunderland, West Brom and Norwich.
      Norwich's last 4 fixtures look impossible but Sunderland don't look like they know where a win is, West Brom much the same.

For sheer points on the board sh*t I'd go with Sunderland currently. If they can find a win or two anywhere I think Norwich could drop in with their fixtures
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #13: Apr 01, 2014 08:52:07 pm
      I would like Sunderland to survive but they have a nightmare of a fixture list!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #14: Apr 01, 2014 11:30:58 pm

Same here.

Cardiff have arsehole fans. Every time they travelled up to play Stoke in the "lower leagues", the city centre became a war zone.

OGS is not only ex-Scum but an arrogant little sh*te and his reaction when asked about our chances of winning the league did nothing to endear him to me.

Their owner is a total pr**k and a prime example of a modern day owner who treats 'his' club as a status symbol to show off to other rich cu*ts and has zero respect for their fans or club traditions.

No great loss.

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #15: Apr 02, 2014 11:41:17 pm
      As above, hoping Cardiff go down, Fulham too as they fully deserve it. Hope Sunderland stay up, so in that case my other preferred team to drop would be West Brom/Crystal Palace
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Apr 03, 2014 12:08:12 am
      There aren't enough places for the amount of knee jerking, shitehouse football playing, teams I'd like to see relegated.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17: Apr 03, 2014 12:30:39 am
      As above, hoping Cardiff go down, Fulham too as they fully deserve it. Hope Sunderland stay up, so in that case my other preferred team to drop would be West Brom/Crystal Palace

Don't care if Sunderland go down. Thought they were quite negative at Anfield last week and the time wasting so early on was pathetic. No doubt that Steve Bruce and Martin O'Neil in their time oversaw a process of managed decline inspired by their signings of busted flushes like O'Shea and Brown (admittedly Bruce is more culpable). Di Canio back in September and Poyet are now paying for that period of uninspired management. I actually think less of Poyet's managerial ability as well when he said that we were basically a one man team. Clearly not the most observant of men then as we've been anything but.

I've said enough about Pulis and his degenerative football in the past to know what hopes, or disasters, I wish Palace to come their way but I know it probably won't happen.

Cardiff - great fans, lovely club but an arse of an owner and the second best manager from the Norwegian league appointed above his own abilities.

Fulham - love their presence in the PL but they've looked like relegation fodder since the end of last season. If they had appointed Magath earlier on instead of that charlatan Meulensteen then they could have stood a chance. But then again they probably didn't when you look at how much deadwood infests the club. Probably in need of a good clearout in the championship coupled with strong investment but even at that I'm not too sure we'll see them back immediately such is the deficit in player quality they now have. Hell, they couldn't even beat league 1 opposition in he form of Sheffield United in the FA cup. Gonna be a bit of a trek for them.

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2014 12:54:27 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Apr 03, 2014 12:31:56 am
      Don't care if Sunderland go down. Thought they were quite negative at Anfield last week and the time wasting so early on was pathetic. No doubt that Steve Bruce and Martin O'Neil in their time oversaw a process of managed decline inspired by their signings of busted flushes like O'Shea and Brown (admittedly Bruce is more culpable). Di Canio back in September and Poyet are now paying for that period of uninspired management.

Sunderland were terrible.
      7-1-2 and Ki on the bench.
      Horrible, negative, sh*t.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #19: Apr 03, 2014 12:42:06 am
      I wouldn't mind seeing Sunderland stay up but only because I went to the Stadium of Light last September to watch us play.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #20: Apr 03, 2014 12:55:11 am
      Sunderland were terrible.
      7-1-2 and Ki on the bench.
      Horrible, negative, sh*t.

And Adam Johnson. Utterly insipid but it almost worked for them.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #21: Apr 04, 2014 01:33:54 am
      If Sunderland ditch that shithouse Altidore for Ki/Johnson they will stay up.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #22: Apr 04, 2014 10:14:06 pm
      I also want Cardiff to go down. The reason is simple - I had a look at a Cardiff forum just before we played them in the Carling Cup Final 2 years ago and I couldn't believe how much they hated Liverpool and us supporters. Post after post was pure vitriol, so I hope the cu*ts go down and stay down.

As for who is going down, I'm saying it will be Cardiff, Fulham and Sunderland.

The game against them, I  just don't understand why their supporter kept booing our players whenever we're in possession, sounded as if every fan did that, it baffles me. Not sure whether they were there to watch football or to boo. For that, they deserves the drop.

Quick Reply