Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Our most important player on the run in?

Read 8675 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Our most important player on the run in?
      Reply #23: Mar 31, 2014 09:07:05 pm
      1. Jones
      2. Johnson
      3. Enrique
      4. Toure
      5. Agger
      6. Alberto
      7. Suarez
      8. Gerrard
      9. Aspas
      10. Coutinho
      12. Moses
      14. Henderson
      15. Sturridge
      17. Sakho
      20. Cissokho
      21. Lucas
      22. Mignolet
      24. Allen
      30. Suso
      31. Sterling
      34. Kelly
      37. Skrtel
      38. Flanagan

I might be boring but every player is vital

Suso isn't mate, not unless he has returned from his loan spell ;)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #24: Mar 31, 2014 09:16:26 pm
      I could write paragraph after paragraph trying to convince myself that it's this player or that player. This player is our leader...that player is tireless...this player is magical etc etc. In all honesty though there is one player that is at least one step ahead of everyone in this team and everyone in this league. You guessed it...

It's no coincidence that Suarez is not only the top scorer but also has more assists than anyone in the league. This man has been MOTM even when he hasn't been MOTM. Let's be honest, people just got bored of voting Suarez the best player on the field and game after game the expectations get higher and other players got a chance. He just does things no other player would consider.

It's very much a collective effort but if there is one player that will provide a moment of breathtaking inspiration or improvisation it's our number 7.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2014 09:17:04 pm
      From a leadership perspective, I expect Stevie and Skrtel to be a massive physical and emotional presence for us over the next 6 games.  From a quality perspective, I expect Coutinho & Sterling to carry on with their delightful run of form and help SAS score the goals we require to win the title :)
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #26: Mar 31, 2014 09:35:25 pm
      Stevie would chop his own penis off for the chance to lift the trophy, but for me the man that is going to grab every game by the scruff and carry us is going to undoubtedly be Suarez. He is so so so motivated to winning and not being second best that he will do every thing in his power to win.

Stevie deserves it the most but Luis will win us it!
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #27: Mar 31, 2014 09:42:28 pm
      Chelsea don't have the fire power to beat us. Citeh do. Marry that up with the notion that we can't expect to blow them away by 4 or 5 (dream yes expect no) then for me it's Skrtel marshalling the defence
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,914 posts | 4982 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28: Mar 31, 2014 10:25:19 pm
      "There can only be one"

The G man, the man who has carried this club thru thick and thin, the man who pulled us thru in Istanbul,
      The man who got us thru Olympiakos , the man who got us thru West Ham, the man who has dragged his underachieving teammates past the winning line in countless times in the last 11 yrs and more ,

The man who has scored goals galore right the pivotal time when most needed,

The man who in the whole of the premier league history is most deserving of lifting it above his head, in fact, it would be a absolute tragedy if this man doesn't get that honour

I would not have anyone else in my side that will lead by example like the G man will,

Everyone to a man will of course give their all that I have no doubt but when it comes down to the real tough moments there is no one else I'd rather have than our very own G man .

YNWA
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #29: Mar 31, 2014 10:27:15 pm
      Any and everyone on the defensive side of the ball, but Sterling is a player that can cause teams fits down the stretch.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #30: Mar 31, 2014 10:27:57 pm
      Simple one for me....

Steven Gerrard.

He looks so good right now, right up there with his 08/09 campaign. Sublime.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Mar 31, 2014 10:56:40 pm
      For me, I honestly think Glen Johnson.

When he performs at his best, it's usually because the team is flying. If he holds his own in defence and continues to provide an outlet with Raheem on the right then I think we'll win every game. Him at his best provides great balance for the team.

I don't have to say Gerrard or Suarez because I know they'll be up for it and perform regardless of our position on the ladder.
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #32: Apr 01, 2014 09:11:55 am
      we are not a team like Real or Barcelona, where Ronaldo and Messi are abosultely vital for their tactics or their confidence.
      We are a TEAM. So every player is important for me. Everyone has a special role.

However, I know one who is not important at all. Kolo Toure  :D :D :D :D
      I was very pleased to see him watching the game against the Spurs from the stands.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #33: Apr 01, 2014 09:18:55 am
      Not a player on the pitch - but involved in the club

Dr Steve Peters.  As long as he can keep the players minds focused and their "inner chimps" caged, we can do this.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #34: Apr 01, 2014 11:35:12 am
      Luis Suarez he can win this thing for us on his own. His determination is frightening.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Apr 01, 2014 11:36:39 am
      Not a player on the pitch - but involved in the club

Dr Steve Peters.  As long as he can keep the players minds focused and their "inner chimps" caged, we can do this.

I have been aware of Dr Peters for sometime as I have been involved in cycling for many years. I was actually thinking today that I can imagine the Kop belting out "there's only one Steve Peters".
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #36: Apr 01, 2014 11:46:53 am
      I have been aware of Dr Peters for sometime as I have been involved in cycling for many years. I was actually thinking today that I can imagine the Kop belting out "there's only one Steve Peters".

As I have posted before - and if your involved in cycling will know - without doubt the best in his field in the world
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #37: Apr 01, 2014 12:41:59 pm
      If Flanagan keeps making those tackles it might take the wind out of a few opposing players.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #38: Apr 01, 2014 12:46:37 pm
      Martin Skrtel.

I have full faith that our attackers will continue to deliver in the next 6 games but against City and Chelsea we might not be smashing in 4 or 5 so it's up Skrtel and the rest of them to give our strikers a platform to win it. We've got 3 tough away games where teams will come out and have a real go at us and we need to stay strong in those.

To be honest though, you could make a case for anyone really.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39: Apr 01, 2014 12:55:27 pm
      The defence is the most important, especially against Chelsea and Citeh which are the key games, so I'd say Skrtel and Agger are key to us winning the league.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40: Apr 01, 2014 03:08:01 pm
      As I have posted before - and if your involved in cycling will know - without doubt the best in his field in the world

he's a funny little bloke but he managed to sort out Victoria Pendleton's head which in itself is an incredible feat.He just talks common sense and allows people to sort out their own irrational and debilitating behaviour. Wonder if he has got a few weeks to spare for me.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #41: Apr 01, 2014 03:19:24 pm
      Srktel, Stevie, Suarez.

Not in order.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #42: Apr 01, 2014 04:01:09 pm
      Srktel, Stevie, Suarez.

Not in order.

Isn't a change to have more than just Stevie capable of changing a game now we have 5 or 6 players who can chip in with goals
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #43: Apr 01, 2014 04:19:04 pm
      Isn't a change to have more than just Stevie capable of changing a game now we have 5 or 6 players who can chip in with goals

It's great. I think in at least one of those - Suarez -we also have someone with a real hunger for success too. It's not that he is carrying us, but Suarez almost acts like he wants to drag us to the title. You can see how much he wants this with every passing game. His celebration on Sunday too. I can only recall him celebrating like that before - the Zenit game. You can really see he believes in this team.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #44: Apr 01, 2014 07:04:55 pm
      As others have stated, it's all about the squad and all are vitally important at this stage when you consider that most of our victories have been due to team rather than individual.
      But if I had to pick, I would go with Mignolet.
      Our attacking players always look likely and generally do score goals.
      The midfield are tireless and inventive.
      The defenders have constantly thrown themselves in the way of danger at dramatic moments and usually play solidly.
      Which brings us to our goal keeper.
      If all in front of him fail then it's imperative that he remains steady, confident and keeps us in the game.
      For me, if Mig performs then I think we have a bloody good chance and finally bringing the title back to Anfield.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #45: Apr 01, 2014 09:19:00 pm
      As others have stated, it's all about the squad and all are vitally important at this stage when you consider that most of our victories have been due to team rather than individual.
      But if I had to pick, I would go with Mignolet.
      Our attacking players always look likely and generally do score goals.
      The midfield are tireless and inventive.
      The defenders have constantly thrown themselves in the way of danger at dramatic moments and usually play solidly.
      Which brings us to our goal keeper.
      If all in front of him fail then it's imperative that he remains steady, confident and keeps us in the game.
      For me, if Mig performs then I think we have a bloody good chance and finally bringing the title back to Anfield.

Mignolet is a very good call

Quick Reply