Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Inquest updates

Read 70657 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Re: Inquest updates
      Reply #92: Dec 18, 2014 11:45:48 am
      Hillsborough PC 'pressured by superiors'
      A police officer feared his statement about the disaster would be ''spirited away'' if he did not accept changes to it, the inquests have heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-30520871

There we have it; a chief inspector instructing his subordinates to lie in order to mask his incompetence and dereliction of duty, how far up the tiers of power does that modus operandi prevail?
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2014 12:03:59 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #93: Dec 19, 2014 09:47:06 am
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2014 10:05:04 am by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #94: Dec 19, 2014 02:15:23 pm
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #95: Dec 19, 2014 02:34:28 pm
      Excerpt here: Dalglish questioned as though he is the crim.

John Beggs asks questions on behalf of David Duckenfield, Roger Marshall and Roger Greenwood.

Mr Dalglish confirms he is a non-executive director of LFC.

He says he left the club in 1991 and went back two or three years ago.

Mr Beggs refers to the 2011 edition of Mr Dalglish's book My Liverpool Home.

An extract is shown on screen.

Mr Beggs says one of his juniors, who may not be a particularly good speller, has written "Wembly FA Cup Final 10 May 1986" above the extract.

Mr Dalglish talked in the extract about being part of the first Merseyside FA Cup Final.

He said: "This was the Mersey family on the move and I loved it. I also saw on TV Scousers climbing through windows, dropping down ropes and pulling each other up, bunking in to the most famous stadium in the world for the oldest football trophy in the world."

He added: "When Wembley announced the official attendance as 98,000 I just laughed as there must have been at least 110,000 crammed in beneath the Twin Towers."

Mr Beggs suggests he is describing fans getting into a ground without tickets.

Mr Dalglish agrees.

Mr Dalglish says he has no way to authenticate the figures.

Mr Beggs says: "And your response to that is to laugh."

Mr Beggs says: "So, you, an icon, I am going to suggest a very important role model to young men who support Liverpool, laugh at the fact that they break the law by going in without tickets."

Mr Dalglish says he thinks he has read it wrong.

He says: "I laughed at the official attendance being announced as 98,000. I didn't laugh at people trying to get in for free."

Mr Beggs says Mr Dalglish is laughing now.

Mr Dalglish says he is laughing because Mr Beggs described him as an icon.

He said: "I'm only a normal human being that had a good job."

He adds: "I don't think I'm actually judge and jury."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hillsborough-inquests-live-updates-liverpool-4839045
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #96: Dec 19, 2014 02:43:05 pm

Mr Beggs sounds like a bit of a c**t to be honest...  I know its his job, but for god sake. I am amazed anyone would want to be the defending team for this trial...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #97: Dec 19, 2014 02:45:50 pm

The South Yorkshire Police Lie Dept. have run out of porkies, the tactic of their council now is to attempt to discredit witnesses.
      A sign their evidence is shot.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #98: Dec 19, 2014 02:46:21 pm
      Mr Beggs sounds like a bit of a c**t to be honest...  I know its his job, but for god sake. I am amazed anyone would want to be the defending team for this trial...

Mr Beggs does sound like a c**t. As you say it's his job, him, Duckenfield & co are trying to smear - that's all they can do really.

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #99: Dec 19, 2014 02:59:23 pm
      Mr Beggs does sound like a c**t. As you say it's his job, him, Duckenfield & co are trying to smear - that's all they can do really.

Indeed, all you can do when your bang to rights - shame on them... If it was me I would walk out from the case in the court room on principle, how can they sleep at night.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #100: Dec 19, 2014 07:01:01 pm
      There were heated exchanges when KD was questioned about drunken or ticketless fans playing a part in the disaster by the council representing the police.
      The coroner repeatedly halted Mr Beggs and informed him as to the nature of the questioning of the witness, regarding what he could and could not ask Mr Dalglish; three times the jury was sent out of the inquest for legal discussions.   
      When asked about a book he had written in which he mentions fans ''bunking in'' to Wembley and him being regarded as an LFC icon he replied ''I'm only an ordinary human being that has a good job and if other people think something of you that's up to them. I don't think I'm judge and jury on how people should and should not behave''.

Mr Dalglish said that following the lies printed in the rag he refused to take a phone call from it's editor, he also had to address inmates in Walton jail to calm them down when they heard details of the disaster.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/kenny-dalglish-tells-hillsborough-inquests-8317992
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2014 09:38:14 am by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #101: Dec 29, 2014 10:03:23 pm
      A review of the week's evidence at Warrington:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/watch-look-back-hillsborough-inquests-8319162

There is mention of Supt. Duckinfield being a grand master in the freemasons and holding lodge meetings with fellow lodge police officers to shift the blame onto Supt. Roger Marshall.
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2014 10:21:38 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #102: Dec 31, 2014 12:07:29 pm
      Margaret Aspinall and Trevor Hicks have been awarded the CBE in the New Years Honours.
      The inquests are a result of 20 years tireless campaigning and the award is just recognition of their magnificent work Iin achieving that  end.
      « Last Edit: Dec 31, 2014 12:41:12 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #103: Jan 09, 2015 11:41:54 am
      The inquests have been cancelled for some days in the light of a juror falling ill.
      Set to resume today:

Cardiac casualties 'treated as dead'
      A hospital consultant worker has told the inquests that some cardiac arrest patients were ''treated as dead''.
      James Wardrope told the jury he decided to send ''four or five'' cardiac arrest casualties to a temporary morgue because of the sheer number of emergency admissions.
      Had a ''major incident'' been declared earlier the Northern General Hospital could have been better prepared he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-30730257
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #104: Jan 14, 2015 11:14:23 am
      Disaster GP given empty oxygen tank
      An off duty doctor was handed an empty oxygen cylinder while reviving a young man, the Hillsborough inquests heard.
      Dr Glyn Philips who treated casualties despite being injured himself, was on the Leppings Lane terrace when the crush began but managed to escape.
      Dr Philips a Liverpool fan treated Gary Currie, who was ''deathly pale'', in a severe state of collapse and looked ''effectively dead''.

Dr Philips described the scene after the crush as ''chaotic and random''. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/merseyside/
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #105: Jan 14, 2015 02:41:09 pm
      Families tell of distress identifying bodies next to police eating chicken and chips in temporary mortuary.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-inquests-told-familys-distress-8416339
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #106: Jan 15, 2015 07:31:29 pm
      Public Health expert says Hillsborough emergency response was ''woefully inadequate''. 

Full story:
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/public-health-expert-says-hillsborough-8455893
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #107: Jan 23, 2015 07:20:15 pm
      Former chief-superintendent is accused of ''spreading false narrative'' about disaster.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/former-chief-superintendent-accused-spreading-8499600

from 2 days ago:

Inquest hears senior officers were given legal advice before making statements.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/inquests-hear-senior-hillsborough-police-8492416

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2015 07:33:14 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #108: Jan 27, 2015 03:39:15 pm
      Fans 'stopped from escaping crush'
      A survivor of the disaster told how he watched a police officer try to push his brother back into the crush, Terence Mills was at 1989 FA cup semi-final with his brother George who was trying to escape from pen 4.
      Stephen Ellis, Sheffield Wednesday's photographer also said police were stopping people climbing over the front of the pens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-30984191
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #109: Jan 29, 2015 03:02:04 pm
      Disaster ambulance boss criticised
      The chief ambulance officer in the wake of the disaster said he would ''take the credit'' for a ''successful response'', Albert Paige however did warn two colleagues their heads would be ''on the block'' if things did not go well.
      Alan Jones and David Hopkins both deputy chief officers were standing next to Mr Paige when he informed that if all went well he would take the credit as chief ambulance officer but if things f----- up their heads would be on the block.
      Mr Paige denies the allegations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-31027879
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #110: Feb 06, 2015 11:17:04 am
      PC's 'shut Hillsborough gate twice'
      Police officers at Hillsborough tried to shut a gate that flew open under the pressure of people compressed in the stand, the inquest has heard.
      The gate at the front of pen three opened twice before kick off according to PC Peter Smith, he told colleagues to stop trying to shut the gate after realising people were being crushed.
      The jury also heard from a supporter in the ground there was a delay in police realising the ''gravity of the situation''.

the day's proceedings:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/five-things-learnt-hillsborough-inquests-8586508

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #111: Feb 06, 2015 05:22:36 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-31165444

POLICE THREW FANS BACK INTO PENS

Fans trying to escape the Hillsborough disaster were "thrown" back into pens by police officers, a jury has heard.

Adrian Brazener, a sergeant from Nottinghamshire Police sent to act as a spotter among Nottingham Forest fans, was giving evidence at the inquests.

He said he shouted at police in front of the Leppings Lane terraces "for God's sake let them over the fences".

Ninety-six Liverpool fans died after the crush at the 1989 FA Cup semi-final held at Sheffield Wednesday's stadium.
      'Obviously dead'

The inquests heard Mr Brazener had been outside the Penistone Road end but responded to a call for all available officers to head to the opposite end where Liverpool fans were.

The jury heard part of a statement Mr Brazener wrote shortly after the 15 April 1989 disaster.

He said: "On reaching the West Stand I saw many policemen throwing back persons into the crowd who were apparently trying to get onto the pitch.

"I believed it was to prevent a pitch invasion. However, as I walked closer to the fence directly behind the goal-mouth I could see that many people were being crushed and some were obviously dead."

Mr Brazener told the jury he started pulling on police officers, imploring them to let fans over the fence.

He said he saw the face of a woman who was pressed against the fence.

She was "desperately in trouble", Mr Brazener said, adding that he feared she would die.

"I knew then it's definitely not a pitch invasion. Because the severity of her face I knew that she was not going to survive.

"I then was grabbing police officers to stop them - shouting at them to stop them pushing the fans back down on to the bodies that were lying on the ground."
      'No co-ordination'

The jury heard Mr Brazener then started helping to get fans out of the worst affected areas in pens three and four.

He said there was "chaos" and "no co-ordination or anything of that sort" on the pitch.

"I recall that there were a lot of policemen who had got their backs turned to the Leppings Lane end.

"When we were carrying either living or deceased bodies out, we were having to push past them or shouting at them to get out of the way because they were in shock."

He further told the court: "They were dazed - they didn't know what they were doing."

The jury also heard that Mr Brazener "honestly believed serious disorder would take place" between Liverpool and Forest fans.

He said he "tried frantically" to stop Liverpool fans heading towards the Forest end of the ground and was worried chanting may provoke the Liverpool fans, some of whom ran towards the Spion Kop, where Forest fans were standing.

A cordon of police officers was set up across the pitch between 15.37 and 15.40, the court heard.

The inquests sitting in Warrington, Cheshire, are due to resume on Monday.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #112: Feb 12, 2015 06:56:51 pm
      Former Police Federation secretary denies 'coordinated press strategy' with force after Hillsborough

Former Police Federation Secretary claims fans were part of cause of Hillsborough disaster

Police officers were “distressed” and “crying” on evening of disaster

By Eleanor Barlow
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/former-police-federation-secretary-denies-8636337

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #113: Feb 13, 2015 08:32:06 am
      Disaster chief said 'fans to blame'
      The chief constable of S.Yorkshire Police told colleagues if anyone was to blame for the disaster it was ''drunken ticketless fans''.
      The comments by Peter Wright were revealed in minutes from a S.Yorkshire Police Federation meeting, held four days after the 1989 tragedy.
      They were read to the inquests during evidence from Paul Middup who was then the federations secretary.   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-31445513

If ever there was a case of perverting the course of justice there can be no better example than this.
      The wheels of corruption set in motion before any investigating body is even appointed.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #114: Feb 13, 2015 12:09:37 pm
      Hillsborough: Police Fed rep Middup said didn't know till yesterday, (11 Feb '15), some of dead were outside at 2:52pm. Taylor reported it: "I didn't know"

Speechless.

Quick Reply