Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Loan players and winning the league

Read 3350 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Loan players and winning the league
      Apr 02, 2014 04:31:21 pm
      Just something I was curious about.....

Do loaned players get a medal for winning the league title? For instance, when we win the title, will Borini get a league winners medal? Will Victor Moses get one?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Loan players and winning the league
      Reply #1: Apr 02, 2014 04:32:58 pm
      I would guess that Fabio Borini won't, but Moses will.
      That's just what I believe to make sense though, I don't know the actual rules for it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2: Apr 02, 2014 04:42:33 pm
      I would guess that Fabio Borini won't, but Moses will.
      That's just what I believe to make sense though, I don't know the actual rules for it.

Wonder who will be more excited....Borini who really didn't get to play a part, but will likely be coming back to the team, or Moses who played a miniscule part but will be shipping off back to one of the teams we beat to the title ;D
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #3: Apr 02, 2014 05:16:39 pm
      I guess you'll need a certain number of games under your belt before they give you one. Slightly sh*t if you're on the wrong side of that line, but we're getting way ahead of ourselves!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #4: Apr 02, 2014 05:17:36 pm
      The rule is you must have made 10 appearances for the first team, however clubs can submit an application for additional medals to be awarded to players yet to reach this tally - something we may do for Enrique? Would be pretty shitty for Jones not to get one too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #5: Apr 02, 2014 05:41:45 pm
      The rule is you must have made 10 appearances for the first team, however clubs can submit an application for additional medals to be awarded to players yet to reach this tally - something we may do for Enrique? Would be pretty shitty for Jones not to get one too.

So someone like Victor Moses if he made 10 appearances (not sure if he has?) would get one?

That seems unfair ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6: Apr 02, 2014 05:48:49 pm
      Apparently the rule has been changed ?

26/04/2013 22:30, Report by James Tuck

Squad Reds get medals

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his intention to give medals to every player who has contributed to this season’s Barclays Premier League title success.

The Reds boss is happy that the Premier League have relaxed their rule to allow league-winning clubs to reward more squad members with medals.

Previously only those who had made 10 or more league appearances were eligible and clubs were required to apply for extra medals for players who had not reached that tally. But now five appearances is the requirement and United will receive 40 medals, 10 more than before.

And Sir Alex confirmed: "They [the fringe players] will get medals. It’s changed now. They give you an allocated number of medals and it’s up to you to distribute them how you want.

"I think that’s fair because, in Darren Fletcher’s case for instance, it’s only illness which has prohibited him from getting a medal [under the old 10 appearances rule]. I’m sure if he’d been available he would have been sitting here with one.

"[Alexander] Büttner’s been great because he’s travelled to every away game with us, he’s been involved in every single training session, he’s played three times and been a substitute another 10 times, something like that. So I think that’s a contribution.

"It’s very difficult for a goalkeeper to get the 10 appearances when your first-choice goalkeeper is performing the way David De Gea has. So I think Anders Lindegaard deserves his medal too. We’ll distribute the way we think is fair."

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Apr 02, 2014 06:06:38 pm

Squad Reds get medals

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his intention to give medals to every player who has contributed to this season’s Barclays Premier League title success.

The Reds boss is happy that the Premier League have relaxed their rule to allow league-winning clubs to reward more squad members with medals.

Previously only those who had made 10 or more league appearances were eligible and clubs were required to apply for extra medals for players who had not reached that tally. But now five appearances is the requirement and United will receive 40 medals, 10 more than before.

And Sir Alex confirmed: "They [the fringe players] will get medals. It’s changed now. They give you an allocated number of medals and it’s up to you to distribute them how you want.

"I think that’s fair because, in Darren Fletcher’s case for instance, it’s only illness which has prohibited him from getting a medal [under the old 10 appearances rule]. I’m sure if he’d been available he would have been sitting here with one.

"[Alexander] Büttner’s been great because he’s travelled to every away game with us, he’s been involved in every single training session, he’s played three times and been a substitute another 10 times, something like that. So I think that’s a contribution.

"It’s very difficult for a goalkeeper to get the 10 appearances when your first-choice goalkeeper is performing the way David De Gea has. So I think Anders Lindegaard deserves his medal too. We’ll distribute the way we think is fair."

That seems the best way of doing things. Imagine a player only played 6 games but in 2 of those he scored the winning goals. I'd be pissed off if I was that player and didn't get a medal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #8: Apr 02, 2014 06:29:39 pm

Squad Reds get medals

Sounds like Slur Alex was actually sober during that interview. Who'd have thunk it?

Quick Reply