Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Views from a Man Utd fan

Read 6701 times
      MUFCOK
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 4 posts |
      Views from a Man Utd fan
      Apr 14, 2014 12:43:53 am
      Hey up you lot.

Life long Man Utd fan here in peace to say congrats to LFC today on what was a fantastic result and incredible season so far.  Now I'd never thought I'd say this about your lot but I really do hope you win the league this year.  Now I say this because I'm a man of principles and morals, and like Utd Liverpool have built a team with several local lads at the heart of it over recent years.  I look at our blue-nose neighbours is disgust every time they line up and their only British player in the team is Hart, and in their whole first team squad they don't have anyone from within 40 miles of their stadium.

Chelsea too - apparently the last English lad who played for the first team that came through their youth system was Terry!!  Both of them two teams are the reason why our national team aint what it should be.  Liverpool finally have a British manager, plenty of British lads in the first team squad and seem to be building success on this, and if we can't win it then I really do hope it's your lot over Chavski and the Abu Dhabi World X1   

Good luck in the run in and hopefully we'll be challenging you next season to win our title back >:D  MUFC til I die
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6719 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Views from a Man Utd fan
      Reply #1: Apr 14, 2014 08:06:58 am
      Thanks for the nice words. I have some nice words for you too.

Please keep "The Chosen One" in the job for another 10 years! ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Apr 14, 2014 08:27:18 am
      Cheers MUFF Cock :D

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #3: Apr 14, 2014 09:22:26 am

That should be In  the  laugh at the mancs thread RLB!, in fairness to mufcok it's his name were laughing at, his words are intelligent for a manc!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Apr 14, 2014 09:23:21 am
      Thanks.

Best of luck next season. Please take comfort in seeing what Brendan is doing. 7th last season and now challenging for the title. "The Chosen One" WILL do the same. Have faith in him and back him no matter what.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Apr 14, 2014 09:59:07 am
      Thanks for the kind words MUFCOK. You'll find a lot of this lot will tease and prod you in a lighthearted fashion, so don't take anything they say too personally.

Those words coming from a United fan are high praise indeed. I've looked on RedCafe once or twice and have only ever seen insults, jabs - bitter words. To be honest, it's what I've come to expect from United fans.

Still, your post is appreciated all the same and is actually a breath of fresh air. We all know there are decent fans supporting every club, what we don't know is how few and far between they are.

If you avoid the Europa League this season (which I'm sure you're hoping to) you have the potential to be up there next season. Moyes does indeed need time, and he needs the backing of the board. If he gets that, I'm sure you'll be challenging next year.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Apr 14, 2014 11:03:34 am
      Well said that man. Fair play.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: Apr 14, 2014 11:16:15 am
      Thanks Manc.

Wish you all the best for the Europa and Thursday nights.   ;D

P.S.  Hows the club debt going ?
      Just tell the Glazers to stay away from those pay days loans.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #8: Apr 14, 2014 11:48:39 am
      Very generous words there mate.
      Just make sure Davey gets a contract extension and you will be challenging again.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Apr 14, 2014 12:00:31 pm
      Whatever is the world coming to, a manc coming on our forum to congratulate us and wishing us good luck on winning the title?  I suppose some would say it'll take the gloss of us winning as they weren't in the battle but meh, who gives a f**k.

Only kidding mate, thanks for taking the time out to acknowledge we're having our best season in years, are in with a shout for the top prize and more importantly that Brendan is doing a fantastic job with the resources he's had available  ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #10: Apr 14, 2014 12:17:48 pm
      Hey up you lot.

Life long Man Utd fan here in peace to say congrats to LFC today on what was a fantastic result and incredible season so far.  Now I'd never thought I'd say this about your lot but I really do hope you win the league this year.  Now I say this because I'm a man of principles and morals, and like Utd Liverpool have built a team with several local lads at the heart of it over recent years.  I look at our blue-nose neighbours is disgust every time they line up and their only British player in the team is Hart, and in their whole first team squad they don't have anyone from within 40 miles of their stadium.

Chelsea too - apparently the last English lad who played for the first team that came through their youth system was Terry!!  Both of them two teams are the reason why our national team aint what it should be.  Liverpool finally have a British manager, plenty of British lads in the first team squad and seem to be building success on this, and if we can't win it then I really do hope it's your lot over Chavski and the Abu Dhabi World X1   

Good luck in the run in and hopefully we'll be challenging you next season to win our title back >:D  MUFC til I die

You look in disgust at City? Well I'd love to see how often you'd sell out Old Trafford if you dropped down a couple of tiers whilst watching your bitter neighbours win everything and sundry whilst laughing down at you.

They may have come into a lot of money but those supporters are proper f**king die hard supporters and that's what matters most so although the club may have sold out it seems that their owners want to give a bit back and are doing things in a professional manner for the most part anyway.

No matter what you think of them I for one am not too bitter at seeing those supporters enjoy their days in the sun. They're the second best supporters in the country after all.

Thanks for the sentiments about Liverpool but I'll take The Gallagher brothers over that pr**k Hucknall anyday.

Its a big drop from that perch of ours you're on lad.

YNWA JFT 96
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,190 posts | 1271 
      Reply #12: Apr 14, 2014 02:42:30 pm
      Hey up you lot.

A sensible Man Utd fan? Never thought I'd see the day. Thanks for the sentiments.

And what-a-hit-son you can't criticise him too much, you miss the point about 'disgust'. The 'disgust' is purely the fact that some human rights abusing rich Arab has fluked Man City to success. No matter how good the fans are (and the hardcore contingent, not the gloryhunting cu*ts on Bluemoon), they've turned City into one soulless club.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #13: Apr 14, 2014 06:36:18 pm
      And what-a-hit-son you can't criticise him too much, you miss the point about 'disgust'.

Haven't criticised him at all I just aired my opinion in reply to what he wrote mate.

Oh aye yeah, its great that a 'sensible' United fan has come on to a Liverpool forum to say how he wants us to win the league and all that complete bollocks.

Some may call me a cynic - most a tw*t, but in the nicest possible way; I think he is talking out of his rectum.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Apr 14, 2014 06:48:17 pm
      Haven't criticised him at all I just aired my opinion in reply to what he wrote mate.

Oh aye yeah, its great that a 'sensible' United fan has come on to a Liverpool forum to say how he wants us to win the league and all that complete bollocks.

Some may call me a cynic - most a tw*t, but in the nicest possible way; I think he is talking out of his rectum.

funny but their is a rather foul smell about all of this
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15: Apr 14, 2014 07:52:17 pm
      Hey up you lot.

Unfortunately United's going the same way. You may end up with Rooney being your only English player next season. It's a sad state of affairs in English football. Anyway, good to see we can all get along when we have a common enemy ;)

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Apr 14, 2014 08:19:40 pm
      Abu Dhabi World XI as you say have a net spend of over £152m in the last three years. But, would you believe, Manchester United have a net spend of just under £156m in the last three years so that's more than Man City. Now MUFCOK I respect and accept your good will towards us but seeing as you're here, how on earth has it got to a state where despite spending more than your City rivals, you are going backwards? We all generally accept that even with Ferguson still in charge you would not be challenging for the title (due to an obvious improvement in league standard and an ever declining Man Utd squad) and would, at best be fighting with Arsenal and Everton for 4th place so in that respect the 'it's all Moyes's fault' catchphrase does not carry much weight. And how does £152m net spend (a number that will leap into and beyond 200m come the summer) sit with the £400m of debt the club has? Can Man Utd get back into the CL next year or even challenge for the title again?
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2014 09:10:54 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #17: Apr 14, 2014 08:50:21 pm
      Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......

No I'm not buying it
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #18: Apr 14, 2014 08:59:05 pm
      Scotia, just so you know, this post isn't directed at you. It's for everyone.

Nobody's asking anyone to buy this, but the fact of the matter is he (or she) has come on here with a respectable view on things, congratulating us on the situation at hand, given their opinion and hasn't been rude or biased in the slightest.

It takes guts to come on to a Liverpool forum and say what they've said. Accept it. If you don't like this thread, move on. There are thousands of other threads you can peruse at your own leisure. We even have a Laugh at the Mancs thread if that's what you've got your heart set on doing.

Anybody who shows others respect and abides by the rules is welcome here. Often other supporters' views spark very good debates and that is something this forum has been lacking since we hit our winning run.

Participation is encouraged; not discouraged. By everyone. Every. One.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #19: Apr 14, 2014 09:20:38 pm
      Scotia, just so you know, this post isn't directed at you. It's for everyone.

Nobody's asking anyone to buy this, but the fact of the matter is he (or she) has come on here with a respectable view on things, congratulating us on the situation at hand, given their opinion and hasn't been rude or biased in the slightest.

It takes guts to come on to a Liverpool forum and say what they've said. Accept it. If you don't like this thread, move on. There are thousands of other threads you can peruse at your own leisure. We even have a Laugh at the Mancs thread if that's what you've got your heart set on doing.

Anybody who shows others respect and abides by the rules is welcome here. Often other supporters' views spark very good debates and that is something this forum has been lacking since we hit our winning run.

Participation is encouraged; not discouraged. By everyone. Every. One.

To be honest Res I think you're maybe going a bit over the top. Nobody has said anything bad to the lad at all. If the lad has these guts that it takes to come on here then I'm pretty sure he is a big boy who is more than able to take on the chin a couple of posts that aren't even that bad. I'd imagine that as a Manchester United fan coming on a Liverpool forum he probably expected a bit worse.

If he's genuine, great and big respect, but my opinion of which I have aired is that I'm not too sure he is. Hunch.

On that note I'll take heed and leave this thread for now.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20: Apr 14, 2014 09:32:21 pm
      Fair play to the lad. Had some pricks on here in the past who start off in a similar fashion and turn bad.
      Some might not be charitable.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Apr 14, 2014 09:37:20 pm
      You look in disgust at City? Well I'd love to see how often you'd sell out Old Trafford if you dropped down a couple of tiers whilst watching your bitter neighbours win everything and sundry whilst laughing down at you.

They may have come into a lot of money but those supporters are proper f**king die hard supporters and that's what matters most so although the club may have sold out it seems that their owners want to give a bit back and are doing things in a professional manner for the most part anyway.

No matter what you think of them I for one am not too bitter at seeing those supporters enjoy their days in the sun. They're the second best supporters in the country after all.

Thanks for the sentiments about Liverpool but I'll take The Gallagher brothers over that pr**k Hucknall anyday.

Its a big drop from that perch of ours you're on lad.

YNWA JFT 96

+1 mate.

I know a hell of a lot of City fans who were at the Gillingham play off game in Division 2 or 3 (can't remember which) and they're as proud of that moment as they are of winning the league. Sometimes the money gets to their heads but they will never forget where they once were so are making the most of it.

You can't look at a team in disgust who were getting gates of around 30,000 in Division 2.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #22: Apr 14, 2014 09:46:43 pm
      Fair play to the lad. Had some pricks on here in the past who start off in a similar fashion and turn bad.
      Some might not be charitable.
      Like that Keith simpleton that was on here , all nicey nice but was a c**t of the highest order calling us bin dippers , i don't want no manc on here pretending to be our ally , we are in our F**k no way like them , managed by a lying cheating c**t for 25 yrs intimidating officials and media to climb the ladder .

Quick Reply