Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Views from a Man Utd fan

Read 6700 times
      MUFCOK
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 4 posts |
      Re: Views from a Man Utd fan
      Reply #23: Apr 14, 2014 10:04:56 pm
      Haven't criticised him at all I just aired my opinion in reply to what he wrote mate.

Oh aye yeah, its great that a 'sensible' United fan has come on to a Liverpool forum to say how he wants us to win the league and all that complete bollocks.

Some may call me a cynic - most a tw*t, but in the nicest possible way; I think he is talking out of his rectum.

Chill your boots son,

No honestly I do seriously mean it.  Putting rivalries aside I've developed a new found respect for Liverpool FC.  I've known Sturridge personally for some time now so it's great to see him do well, I like and respect Brendan Rodgers and before he went your way I'd hoped he'd be Fergie's replacement, and ultmately I think that a lot of what is happening at Liverpool is a breath of fresh air.  I'm not saying I'm converting or anything or that I like everything about your lot, just the odd bits, and for the bits I don't particularly like (Suarez, Gerrard etc) I still respect. 

As for the attendance thing I think we'll be fine - we've even had the highest average attendances in 37 out of the last 40 years, and some of those were dire years (your lot had the highest in the other 3 years to be fair http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm).  Perhaps even more reassuring than that - even in the seasons in early 70's when we were relegated and then in year we were playing in the 2nd tier, we still had the highest attendances in English football in those years!! Doh :mad:

If you've ever been fortunate enough to spend much time over this way you'll realise that the myths about all mancs being city fans is complete bollocks.  Yep, they're crawling out of the woodwork and gleefully donning ther filthy, gravy stained shirts as you'd expect, but Manchester is still red by a long way  >:D

thanks for your concern anyway pal  :-*

Once again, good luck for the run in and look forward to trying to win it back from you next year.
      MUFCOK
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 4 posts |
      Reply #24: Apr 14, 2014 10:09:21 pm
      Like that Keith simpleton that was on here , all nicey nice but was a c**t of the highest order calling us bin dippers , i don't want no manc on here pretending to be our ally , we are in our f**k no way like them , managed by a lying cheating c**t for 25 yrs intimidating officials and media to climb the ladder .

Don't worry, I'm not intending on being a regular, it's a bit hostile me thinks
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #25: Apr 14, 2014 10:16:24 pm
      Scotia, just so you know, this post isn't directed at you. It's for everyone.

Nobody's asking anyone to buy this, but the fact of the matter is he (or she) has come on here with a respectable view on things, congratulating us on the situation at hand, given their opinion and hasn't been rude or biased in the slightest.

It takes guts to come on to a Liverpool forum and say what they've said. Accept it. If you don't like this thread, move on. There are thousands of other threads you can peruse at your own leisure. We even have a Laugh at the Mancs thread if that's what you've got your heart set on doing.

Anybody who shows others respect and abides by the rules is welcome here. Often other supporters' views spark very good debates and that is something this forum has been lacking since we hit our winning run.

Participation is encouraged; not discouraged. By everyone. Every. One.

Noted Res.

I should just have stayed out of this - my spider senses went off but I'll take my leave on this one.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #26: Apr 14, 2014 11:13:51 pm
      You look in disgust at City? Well I'd love to see how often you'd sell out Old Trafford if you dropped down a couple of tiers whilst watching your bitter neighbours win everything and sundry whilst laughing down at you.

I agree with you. However the stuff they were spouting on one of their forums in the build up to the game on sunday changed my opinion of them slightly

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=299693&sid=dbd59f08e40e6e33293d8f4270cabe7a
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #27: Apr 15, 2014 01:55:28 am
      Not really bothered about what anyone thinks about us myself. Most certainly not the Mancs, whether they be blue or red.

I have to say i've never really understood why some of our supporters peruse other Club's forums? There's plenty going on here to keep us occupied, never mind what the Scum are getting up to. Maybe it's just me but i've never felt the urge to find out what other supporters are saying about us. Probably because i couldn't give a F**k and they are full of sh*t, yes, i think that's the reason.

When most people are talking about us, it's usually to slag us off because they are jealous.

In saying that mind, i did post on a Swansea City site when they sacked Laudrup, just because they were slagging him to F**k everywhere i went, so i stuck up for him. Told them what short memories they had after Laudrup had won them their first ever major trophy.

In due course i was called a c**t among many other nice names, but hey, i was a Liverpool supporter posting on a Swansea City site, i expected it and i got it. No complaints from me but i just had to stick up for him.  >:D

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #28: Apr 15, 2014 02:13:11 am
      I agree with you. However the stuff they were spouting on one of their forums in the build up to the game on sunday changed my opinion of them slightly

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=299693&sid=dbd59f08e40e6e33293d8f4270cabe7a

All those cu*ts on Bluemoon are tempted to shift over to Chelsea, the glory hunting wankshafts.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #29: Apr 15, 2014 07:43:17 am
      Often other supporters' views spark very good debates...

Yeah, I remember having some good discussions with PGlynn.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #30: Apr 15, 2014 11:39:39 am
      Chill your boots son,

No honestly I do seriously mean it.  Putting rivalries aside I've developed a new found respect for Liverpool FC.  I've known Sturridge personally for some time now so it's great to see him do well, I like and respect Brendan Rodgers and before he went your way I'd hoped he'd be Fergie's replacement, and ultmately I think that a lot of what is happening at Liverpool is a breath of fresh air.  I'm not saying I'm converting or anything or that I like everything about your lot, just the odd bits, and for the bits I don't particularly like (Suarez, Gerrard etc) I still respect. 

As for the attendance thing I think we'll be fine - we've even had the highest average attendances in 37 out of the last 40 years, and some of those were dire years (your lot had the highest in the other 3 years to be fair http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm).  Perhaps even more reassuring than that - even in the seasons in early 70's when we were relegated and then in year we were playing in the 2nd tier, we still had the highest attendances in English football in those years!! Doh :mad:

If you've ever been fortunate enough to spend much time over this way you'll realise that the myths about all mancs being city fans is complete bollocks.  Yep, they're crawling out of the woodwork and gleefully donning ther filthy, gravy stained shirts as you'd expect, but Manchester is still red by a long way  >:D

thanks for your concern anyway pal  :-*

Once again, good luck for the run in and look forward to trying to win it back from you next year.

:gt-happyup:

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #31: Apr 15, 2014 07:54:46 pm
      Hey up you lot.

Life long Man Utd fan here in peace to say congrats to LFC today on what was a fantastic result and incredible season so far.  Now I'd never thought I'd say this about your lot but I really do hope you win the league this year.  Now I say this because I'm a man of principles and morals, and like Utd Liverpool have built a team with several local lads at the heart of it over recent years.  I look at our blue-nose neighbours is disgust every time they line up and their only British player in the team is Hart, and in their whole first team squad they don't have anyone from within 40 miles of their stadium.

Chelsea too - apparently the last English lad who played for the first team that came through their youth system was Terry!!  Both of them two teams are the reason why our national team aint what it should be.  Liverpool finally have a British manager, plenty of British lads in the first team squad and seem to be building success on this, and if we can't win it then I really do hope it's your lot over Chavski and the Abu Dhabi World X1   

Good luck in the run in and hopefully we'll be challenging you next season to win our title back >:D  MUFC til I die

You joined a Liverpool forum and set up a thread to lick the arse of your greatest rival!

Moyes really has fu**ed with yere heads God love ye :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #32: Apr 15, 2014 08:30:07 pm
      All those cu*ts on Bluemoon are tempted to shift over to Chelsea, the glory hunting wankshafts.

Ive posted before.
      In the seventies I was living where Mick is now.

One year they were wearing Chelsea scarves the next Arsenal.
      The same people.
      The very same glory hunters.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33: Apr 15, 2014 08:55:51 pm
      So much cynicism in this thread! Is it that hard to believe a Manc would wish us well?

I think hes for real, after all, there's got to be decent Manc somewhere, hasn't there?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34: Apr 15, 2014 10:04:23 pm
      So much cynicism in this thread! Is it that hard to believe a Manc would wish us well?

I think hes for real, after all, there's got to be decent Manc somewhere, hasn't there?

The one at work, looking suspiciously tanned after 2 weeks off sick, came across and said I hope your lot win it.  I was shocked, I'm fairly sure he was in shock.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #35: Apr 15, 2014 10:05:36 pm
      The one at work, looking suspiciously tanned after 2 weeks off sick, came across and said I hope your lot win it.  I was shocked, I'm fairly sure he was in shock.

Probably sun stroke Rodders
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #36: Apr 15, 2014 10:08:07 pm

He probably should have listened to the following...

Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen
      MUFCOK
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 4 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 21, 2014 06:58:14 pm
      Abu Dhabi World XI as you say have a net spend of over £152m in the last three years. But, would you believe, Manchester United have a net spend of just under £156m in the last three years so that's more than Man City. Now MUFCOK I respect and accept your good will towards us but seeing as you're here, how on earth has it got to a state where despite spending more than your City rivals, you are going backwards? We all generally accept that even with Ferguson still in charge you would not be challenging for the title (due to an obvious improvement in league standard and an ever declining Man Utd squad) and would, at best be fighting with Arsenal and Everton for 4th place so in that respect the 'it's all Moyes's fault' catchphrase does not carry much weight. And how does £152m net spend (a number that will leap into and beyond 200m come the summer) sit with the £400m of debt the club has? Can Man Utd get back into the CL next year or even challenge for the title again?

I don't think we will get in the CL again next year to be honest, but with regards to the numbers you quote you can distort this as you like, hand picking years to make it sound like Utd are the same cut as City and Chelsea.  That is simply not the case.  A year before your carefully selected figures we sold Ronaldo for £80m remember?  In the 5 years to 2012, Utd's net spend was £60m, Chelsea's was £228 million and City's was over £250m, so if you look back over say the last 7 years or so it paints a very different picture.

In recent years, City's turnover hasn't even covered their wage bill where as Utd's T.O. has been roughly double their wages.  I could go on about how Liverpool are potentially in breach of FFP rules themselves (http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/will-liverpool-face-any-ffp-punishment-) but I wont.  That's not the point of my comment.  I've stated that I respect the way that Liverpool have built a team with local lads, a British back bone etc, because that is how my beloved Utd built the last 20 years of domination. 

I dislike the way City and Chelsea are doing it, I much prefer Liverpool's approach, thats about it.

Quick Reply