Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Norwich v Liverpool (Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 12pm)

Read 24478 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Norwich Vs Liverpool 12noon Easter Sunday the 20th of April 2014
      Reply #46: Apr 16, 2014 11:22:35 pm
      Cant post again until after the game so best of luck to the gaffer and the lads

Jesus Brian you going into hiding mate? :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #47: Apr 16, 2014 11:27:53 pm
      Jesus Brian you going into hiding mate? :D

Hibernating mate :)

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #48: Apr 16, 2014 11:32:50 pm
      Crucial game for both sides, a win taking the Reds a step nearer the title, whilst Norwich fighting for their Premiership lives. I just hope the team carry on their magnificent run and bag all three points.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #49: Apr 16, 2014 11:43:09 pm
      Just hope after tonights results we don't get over excited and let the adrenalin rush screw up our calm assassins persona.
      This game has now become harder in my opinion due to the expectancy.
      Gotta try and keep cool, concentrated and not let any complacency slip into our thinking. We've got enough in the tank to overcome these if everyone continues to perform at the high levels they have recently. 0  - 2 for me. Louis and Stevie.
      But it won't be a stroll in the park, thats for sure.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #50: Apr 17, 2014 12:06:07 am
      This game will be a piece of piss. The club all season long have endured the "not good enough", "don't have the squad", well WAKE UP !

WE DO HAVE THE SQUAD AND WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH.

We are top of the league, deservedly, we are the best team in the premiership, and the best Norwich can hope for is that Luis doesn't take the mickey again. We can beat the second best team in the league through sheer passion and performance, we sure as hell can beat Norwich.

Relax, this game is already won.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #51: Apr 17, 2014 12:19:51 am
      It is said that every game should be treated like a cup final, I feel that it is more important than a cup final with the title so close to our grasp.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #52: Apr 17, 2014 12:25:09 am
      It is said that every game should be treated like a cup final, I feel that it is more important than a cup final with the title so close to our grasp.

Agreed.

I'm very excited for this game. If Sunderland can take points off Chelsea like they did against City tonight, I'll be made up.

We still have to win this one though, regardless. I'm hoping Suarez can turn up this weekend.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #53: Apr 17, 2014 12:29:09 am
      Suarez always seems to turn up against Norwich mate, I am sure he will not let us down.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #54: Apr 17, 2014 12:30:31 am
      I understand the mentality of caution, but I also understand belief.  This game shouldn't be a nerve shattering "will we win?" game but a "WE WILL WIN" game.

Have belief in the team and a positive attitude not a "errm" attitude.

For me the biggest game is Chelsea. Not that they are a threat, its an attitude of how best to embarrass this lousy club in the classiest way possible. For me if every Liverpool player shook maureens hand at the end and said "good effort" would be nice !
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #55: Apr 17, 2014 12:52:18 am
      I understand the mentality of caution, but I also understand belief.  This game shouldn't be a nerve shattering "will we win?" game but a "WE WILL WIN" game.

Have belief in the team and a positive attitude not a "errm" attitude.

For me the biggest game is Chelsea. Not that they are a threat, its an attitude of how best to embarrass this lousy club in the classiest way possible. For me if every Liverpool player shook maureens hand at the end and said "good effort" would be nice !

Like that, JUST WIN, win big? win small?

Not important,      "JUST WIN"
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #56: Apr 17, 2014 01:02:56 am
      Just believe my friend.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #57: Apr 17, 2014 01:41:49 am
      Is it wrong or too early to have a stomach ache, stress , and high blood pressure already about this game??
      Just trying to keep my mind occupied on other things, but I just can't. This title is so close.
      I think back in 2009 our title run ended with that 5-5 draw with Arsenal at home.
      We have to stay focused and just do our job.

I keep thinking back to May 89 when all we had to do was draw or to win against the Arse.
      Michael Thomas scored.. but he wasn't playing for us.
      We do need that +3 Goal Difference closed on City. Anything is possible. Anything.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #58: Apr 17, 2014 02:27:39 am
      I keep thinking back to May 89 when all we had to do was draw or to win against the Arse.
      Michael Thomas scored.. but he wasn't playing for us.
      We do need that +3 Goal Difference closed on City. Anything is possible. Anything.

I remember that match well Skip especially the last few minutes.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #59: Apr 17, 2014 02:56:54 am
      Its in my nature to remember the many times before that match.
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #60: Apr 17, 2014 07:21:28 am
      Even more significance in this match after Sunderland took points off of citeh. We have to capitalise on this opportunity to further extend our lead after last night.

I'd definitely play Allen. Originally I said I'd go with Agger alongside Skrtel but after thinking about it,does Sakho deserve to be dropped? I don't think so. He's been playing well and therefore deserves to be involved in the biggest game of our season which right now is every game we play. I agree with Gerrard that we should treat and play against Norwich as the best team in the world to guard against complacency. We shouldn't be thinking about the Chelsea game yet and I know the players and BR won't be and I know as fans we do get ahead of ourselves,we always have and always will but lets focus on this weekends game then look towards the Chelsea game.

Come on you Redmen!!!!! Fire into this lot from the start and we should win comfortably.
      YNWA :scarf:
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #61: Apr 17, 2014 01:27:46 pm
      We have to guard against complacency and getting the 3-points is all that matters even with a 1-0 scoreline in our favor.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #62: Apr 17, 2014 01:52:34 pm
      I think most people are thinking we will bring in Lucas and Allen for the injured/suspended pair of Studge and Hendo.  However, I could see BR bringing in Moses for Studge and one of Lucas/Allen for Hendo.  This would allow us to keep Coutinho in a deeper role where he has been excelling lately, and would also be a more attack minded lineup which is the BR and Liverpool way.  I wouldn't be surprised if the lineup looked like this on Sunday:

Migs
      Johno  Skrtel  Sakho  Flanno
                   Superman
             Allen           Coutinho
         Moses   Suarez   Sterling

I don't care how we get it done, we just need 3 points.  Hopefully Sunderland can pull another rabbit out and take points off the Chavs on Saturday which would really put us in the drivers seat going into our game!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #63: Apr 17, 2014 01:59:46 pm
      No complacency EVER, BUT we should be very very confident going into this game. Lets blitz them for the first 30 mins and then just control the game for the rest of the time, perhaps even resting Stevie and Luis towards the end.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #64: Apr 17, 2014 02:21:53 pm
      Bon appétit Suarez! :D

Seriously, I expect Suarez to score at least 2 goals against them :P...
      I hope Sturridge does not start, we need him fit for Chelsea, he could play 30min but it would be a risk to start with Sturridge.

I'm sure Gerrard, Lucas/Allen, Sterling, Coutinho and Suarez can win this as long as we're solid at the back.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #65: Apr 17, 2014 04:13:09 pm
      Don't want Moses anywhere near the starting XI on Sunday.

We must avoid complacency and forget about the title for now. Nothing is won yet, and nothing will be won after Norwich if we do manage the win.

I would go for a starting XI with same back four and GK. In midfield I'd bring in Allen and possibly Lucas too (to partner Stevie). Coutinho could play in a fluid front three with Sterling and Suarez. Think of the Tottenham away game. Maybe similar formation and tactics as we'll be without two key players.

Same match intensity, same hunger, same fearless display. What we mustn't do is start thinking about he title. This could make us a little over cautious. We need to keep to that mentality that got us here.

Ynwa
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #66: Apr 17, 2014 04:25:01 pm

Fair enough.  I was just pointing out that Moses has featured in 2 of our last 3 games (City & Spurs), and with 2 of our more attack minded players sidelined this weekend (Studge & Hendo) it wouldn't be out of the question for BR to bring Vic into the starting 11.  BR may well opt for a midfield 3 of Stevie-Lucas-Allen in which case Coutinho would join Raheem and Suarez in the front 3.  However, if BR decides to keep Coutinho in our midfield 3 then that points to Moses being brought into the front 3. 

I can see both good and bad with this selection.  The good is that Moses has great talent and ability, and his fresh legs will be up against weary defenders who will be wearing down after a long and taxing season.  The bad is that Moses lacks the same level of commitment and passion as the likes of Lucas/Allen and will not provide us with a similar level of effort on the defensive side of the ball. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #67: Apr 17, 2014 04:25:50 pm

We must avoid complacency and forget about the title for now. Nothing is won yet, and nothing will be won after Norwich if we do manage the win.

I would go for a starting XI with same back four and GK. In midfield I'd bring in Allen and possibly Lucas too (to partner Stevie). Coutinho could play in a fluid front three with Sterling and Suarez. Think of the Tottenham away game. Maybe similar formation and tactics as we'll be without two key players.

Same match intensity, same hunger, same fearless display. What we mustn't do is start thinking about he title. This could make us a little over cautious. We need to keep to that mentality that got us here.

Ynwa

I don't want Moses anywhere near LFC but we are stuck with for the time being, and he'll be putting in extra effort in the hope that some of the glory will fall on him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #68: Apr 17, 2014 05:03:57 pm
      we should applaud the FA for sending our fans to the most difficult ground to get to on a Easter Sunday bravo for that.But they will be out in force once again making us proud to be associated with them.
      I hope this isn't our "iffy" game as we can really put pressure on Chelsea and City by winning on sunday on what is Luis favourite hatrick ground

Quick Reply