Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

PFA awards

Read 6192 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Re: PFA awards
      Reply #23: Apr 18, 2014 05:24:20 pm
      Think the voting was a tad too early for Stevie to have a chance, think it's the reason why Ramsey got in ahead of Hendo too.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #24: Apr 18, 2014 05:28:01 pm
      Aren't the votes already in though?

This is just the PFA publishing the names put forward I believe.

The votes are in scotia but at the moment all we know is that Manchester United and their players have.... nil pois!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #25: Apr 18, 2014 05:33:24 pm
      The votes are in scotia but at the moment all we know is that Manchester United and their players have.... nil pois!

Shocked Cleverley didn't make it.....he gets everywhere without merit
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #26: Apr 18, 2014 06:17:24 pm
      If intangibles go into it at all (and let's be honest, Suarez probably should have won last year if it weren't for "intangibles" of his behavior) I would almost try and make an argument for Stevie winning it. What a year that would be if he could win it and win the title.

Although by stats alone, Suarez should be a runaway.

Hazard has no right to be mentioned in the young player category and not because he's not young but because he hasn't been near the player that Sturridge or Sterling has been.

LFC should have a sweep of these awards this year, it's obvious now that we are the best team with the best players and manager.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27: Apr 18, 2014 06:38:31 pm
      No Hendo, which is a bit of a suprise

I think it's a shocking decision to leave him out of PFA shortlist, I think he has been one of the most consistent box - box midfielders in the league and has been playing amazing throughout this season. I would only swap him for Lallana in the list. Lallana has been great, but compare him to Henderson and Henderson hands down has been the superior player.

As for PFA young player, again, no Henderson? I personally think he has been the 2nd best young player in the league behind Hazard, although, I think it's ridiculous that the age category for young player is under 23, they really need to drop it to 21.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #28: Apr 18, 2014 06:47:24 pm
      There's only one man that really deserves the player of the year award and that is obviously Suarez. Stevie has been great for most of the season but there's only one player with a highlights reel as ridiculous as Suarez's. I actually feel the need to occasionally go and watch a video of his goals, skills and assists this season just to remind myself of some of the awesome sh*t he's done.

On his stats alone he probably wins it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Apr 18, 2014 06:51:43 pm
      Michael Owen was saying on MOTD a few weeks ago that votes get made around February which seems ridiculous.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #30: Apr 18, 2014 07:35:02 pm
      For  me personally   Suarez  has been the best  for last season and this season
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #31: Apr 18, 2014 07:39:50 pm
      At a guess it'll probably be:

Player - Suarez
      "Young" Player - Hazard
      Manager - Rodgers

I reckon so as well. As Sturridge is considered young enough then he should win it but I think people will shy away from voting for 3 from LFC so will throw Hazard in instead.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32: Apr 18, 2014 10:46:20 pm
      I reckon so as well. As Sturridge is considered young enough then he should win it but I think people will shy away from voting for 3 from LFC so will throw Hazard in instead.

If Hazard wins it then he will deserve it and the same goes for Sturridge. It won't be because people have shied away from voting for 3 members of the Liverpool team. His numbers speak for themselves, he has 14 goals and 7 assists. Yes, Sturridge has more goals but he is a striker. I have no doubt that Hazard's stats would be more impressive had he been playing alongside somebody like Sturridge or Suarez all season, instead he got stuck with Cinderella.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #33: Apr 19, 2014 12:46:17 am
      At a guess it'll probably be:

Player - Suarez
      "Young" Player - Hazard
      Manager - Rodgers

All day long.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #34: Apr 19, 2014 01:17:08 am
      What an honour for the club.

Three of the six.

For me ? : Luis.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #35: Apr 19, 2014 06:18:13 am
      Being utterly biased and having had till mid April to decide (unlike the voters) I would go with:
      Player: Suarez (Gerrard a very close 2nd but I am sure he wouldn't mind)
      Young player: sterling (hazard 2nd as he isn't what I consider a 'young' player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36: Apr 19, 2014 07:16:07 am
      Surely if logic is applied, Sturridge being nominated for both awards should mean he is favourite for the young player of the year.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #37: Apr 19, 2014 07:30:35 am
      Surely if logic is applied, Sturridge being nominated for both awards should mean he is favourite for the young player of the year.
      Hazard is also up for both awards. I do think Sturridge should win it though.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #38: Apr 19, 2014 08:16:52 am
      I really don't understand how they are considered young.... Should be Sterlings in my opinion.

Shouldn't it be a 21 and under category?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Apr 19, 2014 12:32:03 pm
      the cynic in me thinks they have 3 Liverpool players to dilute the vote so Hazard can win it.Just saying
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #40: Apr 19, 2014 02:39:45 pm
      On that basis I think it is a shock - particularly in young player category (noting and agreeing with other comments that current definition flawed).

They're ALL young players to me.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #41: Apr 19, 2014 06:59:48 pm
      Given the BS that usually comes out of Gordon Taylor's mouth every time he is mentioned I think Suarez would be justified in telling the PFA where they can stick their award.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #42: Apr 19, 2014 09:18:38 pm
      Given the BS that usually comes out of Gordon Taylor's mouth every time he is mentioned I think Suarez would be justified in telling the PFA where they can stick their award.
      Now that would be legendary !  And warranted.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #43: Apr 19, 2014 09:21:00 pm

Gordon Taylor's a blithering idiot.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Apr 20, 2014 01:59:06 pm
      It's got to be Suarez, all day long he is by far the clear winner!
      FCGroningen
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #45: Apr 20, 2014 02:23:56 pm
       :o
      Patrice Evra has voted for old foe Luis Suarez to win the PFA Player of the Year.

The Manchester United defender accused Suarez of racially abusing him three years ago, with the Uruguayan found guilty and banned for eight games.

Suarez has never apologised for the incident, but that hasn't deterred Evra from casting his vote for the Liverpool striker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2608775/Patrice-Evra-votes-Luis-Suarez-win-PFA-Player-Year-despite-Liverpool-striker-handed-banned-racism-storm.html

Quick Reply