Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      (0.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (8%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      (0%)
      Joe Allen
      (3.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (0.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (84.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      (1.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      (1.1%)
      Victor Moses
      (0%)
      Daniel Agger
      (0%)

Norwich 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delirium

Read 33762 times
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Re: Norwich 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delirium
      Reply #644: Apr 20, 2014 10:17:09 pm
      Mignolet is a fcuking disaster.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #645: Apr 20, 2014 10:52:39 pm
      Sterling as an obvious MOTM winner but I thought Allen played brilliantly today. He pressed and passed well and his work rate was excellent. If he could put that performance in week-in, week-out, he'd be a cracking player. Mignolet played well until his mistake and then just went to pieces. He's better than the alternative but we really need a keeper with a more rounded skill set.

On the whole though we're our own worst enemy at times. Sloppy passing inviting pressure from Norwich almost cost us the match. We have to cut out the mistakes. Sahko just does not look comfortable on the ball and Agger must start against Chelsea if we're to win.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on the negatives, 3 more Cup finals and it's party time! :D
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #646: Apr 20, 2014 11:08:12 pm

F**k you! What part have you played this season?
      Yes, F**k all, so F**k off.
      You negative b***ard.
      I love you really honest. :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #647: Apr 20, 2014 11:09:45 pm

Doesn't come on to celebrate the win, just to berate our Keeper.

Are you for fcuking real?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #648: Apr 20, 2014 11:15:45 pm
      Great start to the game, little Raheem was great from the beginning and took his goal and assist expertly. Suarez quiet enough but had a difficult role up top on his own but took his goal well. Defensively we were okay, little shaky at times, in particular from crosses. I put that down to nervousness rather than quality. Mignolets mistake was costly but he made one or two key saves. Midfield we did miss Hendo and his energy. However, I thought Allen was excellent and I voted him as my MOTM. Lucas seemed to lack a little match fitness but improved as the game went along.

Overall, delighted with the result. The game was never going to be easy. Carra said last weekend after the City game that we would have to come under a storm and it's how we came out on the other side that would determine how we finish the season. We came through one today, 3 more storms to come lads. Can't say I love it, scared shitless!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #649: Apr 20, 2014 11:54:38 pm
      Changed Sturridge to Coutinho in the poll so the two smart arses can go and amend their vote ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #650: Apr 20, 2014 11:57:26 pm
      Mignolets not a disaster but he isn't an upgrade.

Big kudos to Allen. Thought he was excellent today. I've not been his biggest fan but am overjoyed that he looked like a proper player for us today.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #651: Apr 20, 2014 11:59:35 pm

Big kudos to Allen. Thought he was excellent today. I've not been his biggest fan but am overjoyed that he looked like a proper player for us today.

Not sure what you mean in the first part of your post but I totally agree with your second part. :)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #652: Apr 21, 2014 12:16:44 am
      I thought the team were brilliant today. Love watching us play.

It was always going to be difficult against a team fighting to survive in the prem and to score 3 goals is nothing short of amazing.

Is it me or does Johnson just seem too cocky or laboured? I can't put my finger on it. I really like him, thought he actually done well after it went 2-3, but he just scares me with his apparent lack of urgency. Or maybe it's just me having a heart attAck ha ha
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #653: Apr 21, 2014 12:47:21 am
      Not sure what you mean in the first part of your post but I totally agree with your second part. :)

I think JD means Mignolet is no better than Pepe was without being a total disaster, even though he has made quite a few mistakes this season.

Personally I feel slightly safer with Mignolet in goal, but I can understand why others don't. (maybe too close to call?) Big mistake by Mignolet today cost us a goal, but I thought his save from the header would have beaten most goalkeepers.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #654: Apr 21, 2014 12:54:00 am

Yeh Right.
      and so was his save from Wolfswinkel.

Idiot.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #655: Apr 21, 2014 01:09:55 am

I would still argue that he has been an upgrade, but I respect your opinion as both are top level GK's.  Migs has made a number of clutch reaction saves that have kept us at the top end of the table this season (Van Wolfswinkle header being one as Euro pointed out).  Yes, he's made a hash of some crosses and is prone to a poor decision at times, but he is an absolute monster of a shot stopper and that is the primary ability that I judge a GK on. 

At the end of the day, we got a great result against a team fighting for their lives and we did it without two of our best players in the squad.  Hopefully Studge will be back for the Chavs and we can keep the winning streak alive and move 3 points closer to the title!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,203 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #656: Apr 21, 2014 01:14:16 am
      Match thread or Mignolet player thread?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #657: Apr 21, 2014 01:49:55 am
      I was traveling with my family this weekend in a place with no internet connection and had to call a friend to hear the result. He told me not only that we had won but also that Chelsea lost the day before. I've been such a crazy Liverpool fan for so long that my family don't even find it weird anymore, they just celebrated with me. My father, who has always called me crazy for liking so much a team from far away, for the first time in my life has called me just to talk about Liverpool last week - and he's started watching LFC as well, something he never did before (he has a strong prejudice against English football).

The game will be on again in Brazilian tv in an hour, so I'll have a 2nd chance of watching it. So glad we won though - I got another beer, sat comfortably on my bed, and here comes the glory of Brendan Rodgers' red army.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #658: Apr 21, 2014 02:01:10 am
      I was traveling with my family this weekend in a place with no internet connection and had to call a friend to hear the result. He told me not only that we had won but also that Chelsea lost the day before. I've been such a crazy Liverpool fan for so long that my family don't even find it weird anymore, they just celebrated with me. My father, who has always called me crazy for liking so much a team from far away, for the first time in my life has called me just to talk about Liverpool last week - and he's started watching LFC as well, something he never did before (he has a strong prejudice against English football).

The game will be on again in Brazilian tv in an hour, so I'll have a 2nd chance of watching it. So glad we won though - I got another beer, sat comfortably on my bed, and here comes the glory of Brendan Rodgers' red army.

Haha this is the exact same with me. My mum and dad stay up with me at whatever time of the night to watch.
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #659: Apr 21, 2014 02:29:37 am
      Norwich were and are no pushovers. Yes they are fighting for their lives but as pointed out in an earlier post they've been great at home since the turn of the year so I'm happy to have got the win. Something that our nearest rivals failed to do when they visited Carrow Road. Its always going to be hard against the bottom teams at this point of the season. And given how citeh and the chavs faired against Sunderland this week our recent result against them is even more impressive.

It's probably actually easier to play against the likes of spurs,citeh and chavski as they will go out and play the game to win  than it is against Sunderland,West Ham and Norwich who will defend with all 11 players. I will be honest the palace game in a few weeks is the one of the remaining 3 games is the one that worries me as Pulis has them playing decent,organised football. But if history shows anything we'll get the points where our rivals couldn't so long may that continue.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #660: Apr 21, 2014 07:14:39 am
      I think JD means Mignolet is no better than Pepe was without being a total disaster, even though he has made quite a few mistakes this season.

Personally I feel slightly safer with Mignolet in goal, but I can understand why others don't. (maybe too close to call?) Big mistake by Mignolet today cost us a goal, but I thought his save from the header would have beaten most goalkeepers.

I totally agree. He made up for his mistake. How on earth did he land on the ball but his error can't be forgotten either.

3 points were the must. Check! So F***ing happy.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #661: Apr 21, 2014 07:19:45 am
      Having just watched some highlights again - Snodgrass' foul on Allen was easily as bad if not worse than Hendo's last week, and really should have been red (or Hendo only a yellow).  This is the kind of inconsistency that frustrates me as a spectator, so must annoy players/managers as well.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #662: Apr 21, 2014 07:31:35 am
      F**k but that was a roller coaster of a game. Not good for the heart and certainly not good for the hoop... my hole was doing the 5p - 50p dance for most of the second half and every time the ball was lumped at Simon in the air.

We pulled through as a team. Another three points; another step closer Redmen and Redwomen... now that I'm enjoying.  ;D

DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #663: Apr 21, 2014 07:40:13 am
      I thought Lucas was poor in the second half, as was Johnson. Grewt effort by the team as a whole to get the 3 points but we wont be able to make those mistakes against the chavs. Will need to have sturridge and Agger playing in my opinion unless we let Gerrard rome forward and Lucas hangs back
      Lfcwatto
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #664: Apr 21, 2014 11:19:52 am
      Another win, 3 points and nail-biting stuff.
      A team will always have these type of games in the season, two years ago we wouldn't have saved the three points - this is the mark of champions.
      Mignolet was to blame for the first, agreed but hey, he's made some great saves at important times this season.

Bring on Chelski, with the fantastic support from the kop in full flow! I'm sure we'll blow them away!
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #665: Apr 21, 2014 12:08:10 pm
      https://vine.co/v/M13ddD9Pntr

Gerrard's reaction to Lucas giving a free kick away in the 94th minute. I love you Stevie.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #666: Apr 21, 2014 12:24:13 pm
      Well holy f***in sh*t that was scary, just coming back to earth and sobering up,
      We have the mark of champions all over us now IMO, Raheem Sterling what a wee diamond you are, loved it when he jumped on Brendan followed by everyone else, clear motm for me, Skrtel was immense yet again and wee Joe was brilliant too, Glen needs to stop wanking before a match he looked jaded for me and not up for it, Migs made a howler but made up for it with the wolfs header,

All in all a great team effort to get the points, that was a massive win and probably as important if not more than last weeks,

So we host the classless KUNTS next week, this is THE one, win this it's as good as over, F**k the draw we go out and win and tear the special kunt a new one !

Well done Redmen another giant step forward another step closer to the holy grail,

YNWA

Quick Reply