Trending Topics

Moyes Sacked!

Read 22670 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Moyes Sacked!
      Reply #161: Apr 22, 2014 04:19:21 pm
      Says something about that club when they took a nickname and applied it to a new crest. How totally classless. Brand Utd.

And now their caretaker manager is a man known for his 'loyalty'....as his brother can testify to great extent. What are they smoking at Old Trafford?

maybe their emblem is apt.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #162: Apr 22, 2014 04:27:38 pm
      F**k off Purslow with saying how the recruitment process will go at scumchester.  You didn't do any of that when you foisted fu**ing Hodgson on us, ya t**t!!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #163: Apr 22, 2014 04:29:52 pm
      Great news for UTd fans - but a sad day for us...

However, who on earth will they get in..? Reaks of desperation - they have no one lined up it seems and I think they will struggle to get someone in. Why on earth would Klopp, Van Gaal or Mourino go there?

The F***ing bellends might think that but the problems haven't started yet.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #164: Apr 22, 2014 04:36:44 pm
      Flabbergasted ;)
      asus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #165: Apr 22, 2014 05:02:33 pm
      Only suprise is that they didnt wait till close season. Still Utd have some easy games coming so maybe they didnt want to sack him after they finish the season well.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #166: Apr 22, 2014 05:28:28 pm
      If Chelsea win nothing they may fire Mourinho. Mourinho at United? Would be a match made in my opinion. Then mourinho's turn to the dark side will be complete. Not that he was on any other side,  but I wanted to quote star wars.
      Bier
      Reply #167: Apr 22, 2014 06:17:59 pm
      Great news for UTd fans - but a sad day for us...

However, who on earth will they get in..? Reaks of desperation - they have no one lined up it seems and I think they will struggle to get someone in. Why on earth would Klopp, Van Gaal or Mourino go there?

Van Gaal would love to go there. He's quitting the Dutch job after upcoming WC. Before this he was even contemplating to take the Tottenham job. He's really looking to retire fairly soon but his dream is to manage a club in England before he does. He's a big risk though, could do brilliantly but could also completely run them into the ground. 50-50. Unfortunately, those are better odds than Moyes.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2014 06:35:12 pm by Bier »
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #168: Apr 22, 2014 06:47:25 pm
      Moyes to end up at Spurs?

Can only hope
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #169: Apr 22, 2014 06:48:33 pm
      Sacked less than a year into a 6 year contract, brilliant! All them years of talk about how he is a good manager and just needs financial backing etc has been shot right down! Love it.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #170: Apr 22, 2014 06:53:03 pm
      Van Gaal would love to go there. He's quitting the Dutch job after upcoming WC. Before this he was even contemplating to take the Tottenham job. He's really looking to retire fairly soon but his dream is to manage a club in England before he does. He's a big risk though, could do brilliantly but could also completely run them into the ground. 50-50. Unfortunately, those are better odds than Moyes.

You know your stuff Bier..! You say 50:50 on his success, why do you think he could flop?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #171: Apr 22, 2014 06:54:32 pm
      The F***ing bellends might think that but the problems haven't started yet.

I agree, this could take a few months to get someone in whilst a few top players walk... Honestly, I hope they appoint a tool and lose without being able to buy in players (the ones they will at a massive price and they underperform) resulting in a Leeds style rapid decline!
      Bier
      Reply #172: Apr 22, 2014 06:59:02 pm
      You know your stuff Bier..! You say 50:50 on his success, why do you think he could flop?

His personality, easily butts heads with players, directors, chairman etc. He has such a big ego, leaves little room for other egos. Very authoritive and hands on. Little breathing space for players. Young and less established players tend to like that, older egos tend not to. And he only knows one way, his way. If everybody blindly follows, he could succeed. Big if though. Can see him clashing with Rooney already.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #173: Apr 22, 2014 07:21:43 pm
      Aren't we the lucky fuckers that we signed Rodgers when we did . They'd be sending the helicopter down to Swansea for him already .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #174: Apr 22, 2014 07:29:44 pm
      His personality, easily butts heads with players, directors, chairman etc. He has such a big ego, leaves little room for other egos. Very authoritive and hands on. Little breathing space for players. Young and less established players tend to like that, older egos tend not to. And he only knows one way, his way. If everybody blindly follows, he could succeed. Big if though. Can see him clashing with Rooney already.

And cock flashing....must remember cock flashing. If there's one man who would drive Ferguson out of his hallowed seat in the stands it's this man isn't it?!

But on a more serious note what went wrong when he failed to take the Netherlands to the World Cup in 2002? That sounded like a major f**k up.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #175: Apr 22, 2014 07:29:47 pm
      The timing of this is very odd. The only explanation for me is simple. Money. As he has not completed a full season, his payoff is reduced.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #176: Apr 22, 2014 07:32:00 pm
      The timing of this is very odd. The only explanation for me is simple. Money. As he has not completed a full season, his payoff is reduced.

Rumour that he may have had a clause that if they didn't get CL they could sack him with less of a pay off.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #177: Apr 22, 2014 07:47:27 pm

Also, a summer of uncertainty would cause havoc on the stock market for them, another season of downturn would of deffo hit their share price.
      Bier
      Reply #178: Apr 22, 2014 07:56:42 pm
      But on a more serious note what went wrong when he failed to take the Netherlands to the World Cup in 2002? That sounded like a major f**k up.

I wouldn't really blame that on Van Gaal, there weren't any real issues between him and players. I think it was more a team mentality problem. Starting with the first game we played against Ireland when we got 0-2 behind at home, to only then start playing well late in the 2nd half and make 2 goals in the last 20 minutes to get a draw. Then later in qualification losing at home to Portugal and later again away to Ireland. The end result is it seeming like a major F**k up, but the difference between us and 1st place in that group was just 4 points. At the same time Ireland were having a great qualification with not a single loss, they left no room for error.

Van Gaal even now will admit that national team management isn't his thing though. He prefers working with players on a daily basis so he can mould a team. And I do think there's big differences between national team and club management.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #179: Apr 22, 2014 08:02:19 pm
      Moyes won't be out of work long , when he managed Everton a lot of us admired him for the way he had them playing and without the cash a well .
      I hope it haunts the scum for years to come , they think it's an easy fix getting rid of him when in actual fact they've dug an even bigger hole .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #180: Apr 22, 2014 08:06:20 pm
      Moyes won't be out of work long , when he managed Everton a lot of us admired him for the way he had them playing and without the cash a well .
      I hope it haunts the scum for years to come , they think it's an easy fix getting rid of him when in actual fact they've dug an even bigger hole .

I had never admired the way Moyes had Everton playing personally.

Can't believe he's had a job managing in the top flight to be honest.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #181: Apr 22, 2014 08:17:15 pm
      I had never admired the way Moyes had Everton playing personally.

Can't believe he's had a job managing in the top flight to be honest.
      He had them punching well above their weight in all fairness , he had a terrible record against us though we seemed to bring out the worst in him for some reason or other . A bit like the manager in the waterboy .

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #182: Apr 22, 2014 08:26:32 pm
      He had them punching well above their weight in all fairness , he had a terrible record against us though we seemed to bring out the worst in him for some reason or other . A bit like the manager in the waterboy .

That's his level though mate isn't it, midtable mediocrity. I wonder if any of the top players will actually walk, whoever comes in will have a much higher profile than Moyes (not exactly hard) and they'll be spending mega bucks this Summer.

They may be able to cling on to them for another year but should they fail to qualify for the CL next year they may find themselves stuck outside for a long time to come. Arsenal, for as much as we rip them are not going away, City and Chelsea of course will be right up there and I honestly believe we will re-establish ourselves as an ever present. Grim times for them, happy times for us.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #183: Apr 22, 2014 09:17:25 pm
      Prior to fluking  the MU job he was talking about coaching in Germany - linked with Schalke from memory. Wouldn't surprise me if he does a McLaren and heads over there for a season or two.

Quick Reply