Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Most adored 11

Read 5955 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Most adored 11
      Reply #23: Apr 21, 2014 11:11:22 pm
      Part of the reason I started the topic pal  8)

I know..

It helped..

Now if you could possibly think of another few hundred half hours topics for me for the next three weeks I'd really appreciate it

:)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,232 posts | 2809 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #24: Apr 21, 2014 11:15:17 pm
      I know..

It helped..

Now if you could possibly think of another few hundred half hours topics for me for the next three weeks I'd really appreciate it

:)

Ha ha Ill see what I can come up with
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #25: Apr 21, 2014 11:18:40 pm
      Great topic mate, have a few names in mind, will try and finalise my 11 by tomorrow and post.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #26: Apr 21, 2014 11:22:48 pm
      Mmmm

So favourites in my time

Reina

Nicol  Hanson   Hyypia  Carra

Gerrard  Alonso

Beardsley   Dalglish   Barnes

Fowler

Subs
      Grobelaar
      Jones
      Hamman
      Molby
      Mcmanaman
      Berger
      Rush

Very tough leaving Rushie out but for the sake of a formation and that Kenny and Robbie can either player up top or Kenny in the hole I had to

Very tough though.. I could pick ten sides.

I loved watching Souness back but didn't see enough live to have him in there. Houghton was very close to a part as was McMahon and Garcia

Oh well just favourites and all that. Got my mind off the title run for half hour though

I think swap Didi for Alonso and that would be mine Jon.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #27: Apr 21, 2014 11:26:44 pm
      I think swap Didi for Alonso and that would be mine Jon.

Honestly mate that's one I really toyed with

I loved both truth told but only one space next to the captain

In "that" role I was also torn with McMahon and Molby that's why they are in the bench but it was really a toss up between Xabi and Didi

Edit

Just noticed McMahon wasn't on the bench..
      Too many players I thought of and I think I thought I'd have too many central options off the bench so went for Paddy on there.. Thought he was boss with that rocket left foot
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #28: Apr 21, 2014 11:45:45 pm
      My most adored from 91.

GK - Reina. As far as I'm concerned he's the best keeper the League has seen other than that red nose c**t who played at Old Trafford.

RB - Rob Jones. Loved his passion and versatility, always wanted him to grab that elusive goal. (not the best right back we've had in my lifetime but that's not the question)
      CB - Carra. I adored just how much the fella would go through for the club.
      CB - Hyypia. Absolutely loved him as a player, still get tears in me eyes on his leaving day against Spurs.
      LB - Bjornebye. Couldn't help but love Stig, always thought he was underrated but I loved him.

RM - Henderson. Maybe a surprise choice but for his graft and determination, I must admit that our Jordy is becoming one of me fave players.
      CM - Gerrard. Not sure this one needs to be explained.
      CM - Hamann. Most underrated player of the Premiership era in my eyes, never got the appreciation he deserved but was a massive player for us.
      LM - Berger. Absolutely adored Paddy during his time here, one of the best left feet in the last 20 odd years.

CF - Fowler. Can't have any side without Robbie. The man was me first idol, still me fave player of all time and grew up round the corner from me. How can I not adore someone like that?
      CF - Crouch. Like Henderson, might be a surprise choice but I did love big Pete. Watching him trying to run is still something that cracks me up, he looks like a new born giraffe. And then watching this lanky streak of piss do some of the skills he did makes him one of my cult heroes.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #29: Apr 22, 2014 12:09:09 am
      Im only a (relatively) young red at 19 so I'll stick with players that ive seen since my anfield debut around 98/99.

Reina
                    Finnan  Carragher  Hyypia  Riise
                      Gerrard Mascherano  Alonso
                       Fowler   Torres   Suarez

Dudek; Agger, Johnson; Hamann, Lucas; Sterling, Owen

Also wanted to do a worst XI so here goes,,

Itandje
            Josemi  Kyrgiakos  Traore  Cissokho
             Nunez   Poulsen   J.Cole   Moses
                        Voronin   Ngog
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #30: Apr 22, 2014 12:19:03 am
      If you are talking about the most adored 11 then Billy Liddell would be one of the first names on the list.

Irrespective of how old you are I can't even bring myself to quote someone who throws players such as Finnan in there!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #31: Apr 22, 2014 12:47:21 am
      Im only a (relatively) young red at 19 so I'll stick with players that ive seen since my anfield debut around 98/99.

Reina
                    Finnan  Carragher  Hyypia  Riise
                      Gerrard Mascherano  Alonso
                       Fowler   Torres   Suarez

Dudek; Agger, Johnson; Hamann, Lucas; Sterling, Owen

Also wanted to do a worst XI so here goes,,

Itandje
            Josemi  Kyrgiakos  Traore  Cissokho
             Nunez   Poulsen   J.Cole   Moses
                        Voronin   Ngog

There's all different levels of goodness but thankfully only one type of shiteness which makes it easier to do a world XI in my opinion! Would have Diouf in for Voronin (awful player and a truly sick excuse for a human being) and Konchesky for Cissokho. Shame on Aly that. I prefer to remember his relatively solid performances against Everton, West Brom, Arsenal earlier on - positively world class in comparison to Konchesky.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #32: Apr 22, 2014 03:46:07 am
      Give me Fowler, Suarez, and Gerrard.  Sterling is quickly growing on me as well.  Just love his work rate and attitude.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #33: Apr 22, 2014 05:00:19 am
      If you are talking about the most adored 11 then Billy Liddell would be one of the first names on the list.

Irrespective of how old you are I can't even bring myself to quote someone who throws players such as Finnan in there!

Thank you JD, Billy Liddell kept this club alive when we were in the old second division. I hate to think where we would of ended up if had not played for us. As regards Finnan  who did a reasonable job for us Chris Lawler would be far ahead of him in the L.F.C. most adored.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,232 posts | 2809 
      Reply #34: Apr 22, 2014 09:34:24 am
      Sorry I started this now as I have my own head done in. Everytime I have 11 I realise I left someone out, even changing systems isn't helping

Clem

Lawler Carra Smith Emlyn

Stevie

Ray Kennedy      Billy Liddell

Barnsey

Kenny   Fowler

Ah Jesus the names left of that are ridiculous
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Apr 22, 2014 09:59:40 am
      I have my doubts that any 2 posters would opt for the same 11 players over a given time. When I think of the players who wore the Red Of Liverpool in the 1960's/70's and 80's the task is just about impossible. Has anyone mentioned Phil Neal who played 453 matches for us and was not a bad penalty taker either. As for me I have given up trying to pick my top 11.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #36: Apr 22, 2014 10:05:12 am
      Still working on mine but i am a bit surprised that no one has phil neal in there .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #37: Apr 22, 2014 10:20:53 am
      Way too hard to 'judge' who would be universally adored, through time so I'll offer up those who I've 'adored'/'adore' in my time.

Not necessarily 'the best' but my 'favourites'.

1: Bruce Grobbelaar
      2: Phil Neal
      3: Joey Jones
      4: Tommy Smith
      5: Phil Thompson
      6: Jimmy Case
      7: Craig Johnston
      8: Steve Gerrard
      9: Ian Rush
      10: Luis Suarez
      11: Kenny Dalglish

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Apr 22, 2014 10:21:49 am
      I don't know how any one is doing it with over 30 years of supporting Liverpool, every time I write one down, I'm deleting and starting again, as can't fit an XI and subs bench down without missing any one out.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Apr 22, 2014 10:38:08 am
      I wrote down the names that came into my head first and posted before reflecting.Then I realised who had been left out .Its an impossible task.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40: Apr 22, 2014 10:40:13 am
      maybe the worst 11 would have been easier
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #41: Apr 22, 2014 12:42:40 pm
      I wrote down the names that came into my head first and posted before reflecting.Then I realised who had been left out .Its an impossible task.

That was my method too mate.... been left with the same problem of realizing how many of my favorite players I didn't mention too.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #42: Apr 22, 2014 01:01:32 pm
      I have my doubts that any 2 posters would opt for the same 11 players over a given time. When I think of the players who wore the Red Of Liverpool in the 1960's/70's and 80's the task is just about impossible. Has anyone mentioned Phil Neal who played 453 matches for us and was not a bad penalty taker either. As for me I have given up trying to pick my top 11.

I know me and si picked a very similar 11 Bill but it doesn't strike me as odd.
      We are the same age ( I believe) so grew up watching the same players as fans..

I read the question to be the 11 you have watched.. So as much as I understand the importance and love for the likes of Billy Liddell, Phil Neal, St John, Souness, Clem and even the like of Albert Stubbins they all pre dated me in terns of watching them.
      It doesn't suprise me that me and Si had similar sides, I remember watching from the mid 80s on, 86 to be exact so I had that team, the late 80s Kenny side which a fair few of my side are in, that's probably the best side I've watched, then the early 90s Souness sides, Roy Evans, Gerard Houllier, Rafa Benitez, Kenny again, Brendan's tricky reds and that other fella..
      An all time favorite of my time watching those and Si as well it doesn't suprise me we at every similar, yet I fully understand a gentleman of your generation wouldn't think twice about say Didi.. Yet in my time Didi was such a sound bloke and good player he gets in..

If we all picked an all time 11 over our history it would probably be very similar.

Anyway I just took it as half hour to stop worrying about the title than something else to get wound up about

:D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,232 posts | 2809 
      Reply #43: Apr 22, 2014 01:03:31 pm
      maybe the worst 11 would have been easier

Pretty sure we done that one before and pretty sure that Carter Diouf Konchesky Poulsen and Diao were on most teams :)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #44: Apr 22, 2014 01:07:04 pm
      Following the Reds since the mid sixties I'd go for
      Clemence
      Lawler
      Hansen
      Hypia
      Neal
      Gerrard
      Berger
      Suarez
      Dalglish
      Fowler
      Heighway

Subs Smith, Yeats, Barnes, Rush, Fairclough ( super sub ) Reina.

Honestly the list is endless but this side would be a match for anyone in their hey day !

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: Apr 22, 2014 02:27:57 pm
      Pretty sure we done that one before and pretty sure that Carter Diouf Konchesky Poulsen and Diao were on most teams :)

hopefully Hooper as well but this thread has just caused people to go into melt down and have sleepless nights :mad:

Quick Reply