Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite

Read 43690 times
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Re: Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite
      Reply #46: Apr 22, 2014 10:31:32 pm
      Julian Draxler

kid has huge potential. Watched him couple of times and was amazed 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #47: Apr 22, 2014 10:33:10 pm
      Am I the only one to think that Aaron Ramsey would be bloody amazing in our team?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #48: Apr 22, 2014 10:34:14 pm
      Am I the only one to think that Aaron Ramsey would be bloody amazing in our team?

No.

He'd fit like a glove Diego.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #49: Apr 22, 2014 10:35:27 pm

Nope, big admirer of the lad mate and agree would be a cracking addition.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #50: Apr 22, 2014 10:36:21 pm
      Would love to see Verratti from PSG, think he fits the young and talented profile well, would be big money although I think a pretty safe buy, and a potential successor to Gerrard if they persevere with the "quarterback" position longer term.he would be world class in that role - tackles, passes, vision...got the lot.

Having said that our last big money Italian midfielder didn't work out so well!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #51: Apr 22, 2014 10:41:35 pm
      No.

He'd fit like a glove Diego.

Yeah it's not just that he's a quality player, but also the fact he would fit in so perfectly in our style of play.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #52: Apr 22, 2014 10:54:39 pm
      Yeah it's not just that he's a quality player, but also the fact he would fit in so perfectly in our style of play.

A big part of that is his workrate and stamina. He and Henderson would run for days if the clock didn't stop at 90!

Though injury problems are always a stumbling block with Ramsey.
      jh
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      • a Red from the little red dot
      Reply #53: Apr 23, 2014 05:11:28 am
      Messi seems like he needs a new challenge to be kept motivated ...

There is no better signing to show that FSG really mean business, and that they want the club to stay on top for the next decade. With the potential revenue from Champs League, definitely worth the investment
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Apr 23, 2014 06:30:42 am
      Keep trying to name players and then more names pop up that I forgot about.

So in short ill say Firmino, Reus, Thiago Silva, Luke Shaw, Seamus Coleman, Aaron Ramsey.

Done.

Guys like Lallana, Rodriguez, Vidal, Muriel etc etc would all be welcome too.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #55: Apr 23, 2014 07:10:49 am
      I would love Munian. He could develop into a monster imho. Ramsey too. And Shaw.

Also , Neuer , Robben, Kompany , Schwensteigger ? C'mon XD
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #56: Apr 23, 2014 07:35:28 am
      Messi seems like he needs a new challenge to be kept motivated ...

There is more chance of Oscar Pistorius getting Athlete's Foot.

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #57: Apr 23, 2014 05:18:00 pm
      Barcelona look to do an overhaul of their squad now that their transfer ban has been lifted...sanchez or fabregas anyone?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #58: Apr 23, 2014 05:25:19 pm
      A big part of that is his workrate and stamina. He and Henderson would run for days if the clock didn't stop at 90!

So true! Imagine having Ramsey, Hendo and Allen in the same squad. A lot of quality and depth in that midfield.
      Don't think Arsenal would sell though... :(
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #59: Apr 23, 2014 05:28:40 pm
      Barcelona look to do an overhaul of their squad now that their transfer ban has been lifted...sanchez or fabregas anyone?

Think Tello is more likely...and personally I'd take him in a heartbeat.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #60: Apr 23, 2014 05:49:25 pm
      Isco, Reus, and Pogba are all top drawer players, but I don't think any of them are realistic. 

Think Tello is more likely...and personally I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'd gladly have Tello, and I agree that he is a more realistic target.  Memphis Depay, Lars Bender, Mattia de Sciglio, and Rodrigo would all seem to be realistic targets (play for smaller clubs or in less prestigious leagues and fit our youthful transfer policy).  I'd have any/all of these players here in a heartbeat!  Will be interesting to see who BR pursues this summer!!
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #61: Apr 23, 2014 05:51:00 pm
      Reus, Kroos, Draxler, Isco, Shaw, Rakitic, Neuer   :lmao:
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 15 
      Reply #62: Apr 23, 2014 06:32:25 pm
      baines / shaw
      reus / muniain / diego costa
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #63: Apr 23, 2014 06:41:09 pm
      Reus, Kroos, Draxler, Isco, Shaw, Rakitic, Neuer   :lmao:

You need to learn to show some ambition.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #64: Apr 23, 2014 06:46:28 pm
      I'm not too concerned with who we sign, trust Brendan to identify who he wants, but I'd sure love it if we'd leave one or two slots up in the air and steal someone from under Chelsea and/or Tottenham's noses when they think they've got them signed. Just a little payback from an actual BIG club.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #65: Apr 23, 2014 06:50:38 pm
      Isco.

I think it's likely we could get him as well, there was rumours about our interest in the last window.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #66: Apr 23, 2014 07:01:38 pm
      Vic Fischer Ajax
      Nic Boilisen Ajax
      Ivan Rakitic Seville
      Nev Subotic/ Hummels Dortmund

Any of above for starters kids
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #67: Apr 23, 2014 08:13:46 pm
      Alot of unrealistic targets here in the thread imo. Even if we are willing to pay the signing fee, I can't see FSG to break the current salary structure.
      But as long as it's all just for fun then il vote for Tello, luke shaw and ilkay gundogan(no chance)
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #68: Apr 23, 2014 08:38:10 pm
      I'm not too concerned with who we sign, trust Brendan to identify who he wants, but I'd sure love it if we'd leave one or two slots up in the air and steal someone from under Chelsea and/or Tottenham's noses when they think they've got them signed. Just a little payback from an actual BIG club.

Like this post. BR signed Sturridge\Couts he also made Hendo\Sterling\Skrts much better players.

We do not have anything to worry about as long as we keeo BR....if Chelsea\Spurs try and nick our players then F**k em, they don't wont to be winner and want to play in the sh*te sides they put out -

who wouldn't want to play in this side with this manager?

Quick Reply