Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite

Read 43671 times
      Wrexham red
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Re: Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite
      Reply #69: Apr 23, 2014 08:54:45 pm
      Lallana for me. :)
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #70: Apr 23, 2014 10:12:33 pm
      Always up for a game of wish list.

-Fabio Coentrao or Marcelo (Real Madrid)
      We need a natural left back for that spot as good as Flanno's been (who IMO should challenge and beat Johnson for right back spot based on this season). Madrid's got two of the best left backs in the world today, seems like they prefer Coentrao for big game matches but I think we should raid them for one of their backs.

-Lazar Markovic (Benfica) or Xherdan Shaqiri (Bayern Munich) or Konoplyanka (Dnipro)
      Young, very gifted players with loads of potential. Classic FSG/Rodgers signing but would be a great addition either of them.

-Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich) or Isco (Madrid)
      Two of the best young central attacking midfielders in the world today, loads of talent and great balances of finesse and power. Different types of players, but either would add a new dynamic to our team that would definitely help us compete at CL level.

-Ezequiel Garay (Benfica) or Elaquim Mangala (Porto)
      Seen Garay play for a long time now and he is one of the best anchors of a defense in the world. Solid, consistent, and a very good all around center back. Would definitely help bring down our goals against. Mangala is a different player, more of a modern center back - quick, good touch, solid nonetheless. Either of these would definitely improve the defense, but with Skrtel's form, Agger and Sakho's ability, and Ilori's potential I don't know how necessary this would be.

-William Carvalho (Sporting Lisbon), Axel Witsel (Zenit), or Ivan Rakitic (Sevilla)
      Three very different players right here, three players that would improve our team. Carvalho is a rising star, extremely solid defensive midfielder, good on the ball, similar mold to a young Yaya Toure. Witsel a little more talented on the ball, but less solid defensively and not the same work rate. Rakitic more of an attacking player, but a quality central midfielder, would fit really well with Gerrard behind him.

If I had my choice of all those options though it'd have to be:
      -Coentrao
      -Markovic
      -Isco
      -Garay
      -Carvalho

I'm not biased I swear.  :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #71: Apr 23, 2014 10:42:13 pm

I said him .... two years ago. Winger supreme.
      Or Shaqiri.   Quick.

Otherwise.
      Basically ... a new defence.

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #72: Apr 23, 2014 10:57:06 pm
      I've said it all along we need a world class fast and robust DM, a right back upgrade version of Johnson and a world class AM to complement Coutinho, whoever they may be. By the way, what has happened to Ibe? We need to continue to find another Sterling and I've seen what Ibe can do and he has huge potential.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #73: Apr 23, 2014 11:04:37 pm
      I've said it all along we need a world class fast and robust DM, a right back upgrade version of Johnson and a world class AM to complement Coutinho, whoever they may be. By the way, what has happened to Ibe? We need to continue to find another Sterling and I've seen what Ibe can do and he has huge potential.

I quite prefer the slow controlled and precision work of Gerrard at DM.
      Although I admit I did not think he could do the job initially - Pirlo move over.

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #74: Apr 23, 2014 11:22:40 pm
      If its an exerside of just throwing names, regardless if the players would come, then, with a "reallistic" budget id buy

In attack: Cavani-(PSG) or Aguero- (City)

If we are trying to build a team around Suarez, why not bring the player that understands and complements him the best. Plus, the lad is a F***ing dynamo, in a Henderson way. He tracks back like no player ive seen in my lifetime.

As for Aguero, just the tought of him playing alongside Luis is mouthwatering, and both being south american they have similar styles and should read into each others play perfectly

In Midfield:
      Pogba-(Juventus)- Big fan of the lad, think he might be the next Yaya Toure
      Fabregas-(Barca)- Zero chance of him returning to England but the guy is awesome, and would fit right into our style of play.
      Arturo Vidal- (Juventus)- Rate this lad very very very highly. He is a monster.

In Defense:
      Martin Caceres (Juventus)- This lad is very underrated, but ive seen him play often and he is one of the most versatile defenders in world footy. He can play any position in defence, is highly applied, and has a perfect tackle timming. Amzing replacement for Johnno.

Anyway, not that we may sign any, but those would make me happy. The Juve players I think we could get any if we were really interested, Italian Football aint that attractive anymore

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,002 posts | 3350 
      Reply #75: Apr 24, 2014 02:57:49 am
      A player who we would of joined us last season when we weren't in the Champions League and not one of these cu*ts who is simply here because they want to play for a Champions League side.

You play for Liverpool Football Club for the honour of playing for the biggest club in the world, not because they happen to be one of 32 teams in the Champions League.

We've signed more than enough quality in the last two or three years without the promise of football at the highest level so there's no reason we need to go chasing all these big name money grabbing fame hungry cu*ts. Players who want to play for Liverpool Football Club, not players who want to play for a Champions League side. It's that simple.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #76: Apr 24, 2014 04:03:44 am
      A player who we would of joined us last season when we weren't in the Champions League and not one of these cu*ts who is simply here because they want to play for a Champions League side.

You play for Liverpool Football Club for the honour of playing for the biggest club in the world, not because they happen to be one of 32 teams in the Champions League.

We've signed more than enough quality in the last two or three years without the promise of football at the highest level so there's no reason we need to go chasing all these big name money grabbing fame hungry cu*ts. Players who want to play for Liverpool Football Club, not players who want to play for a Champions League side. It's that simple.

Give me a quality c**t of a player any day of the week.

Because sometimes, that quality c**t of a player only learns how good this club is by playing here which leads to loyalty. Why would some lad from - for arguments sake - Germany want to sign for us instead of Chelsea last season? He doesn't know Liverpool is special, he just wants to test himself at the highest level.

It's all nice and emotional to have that idea that "Liverpool are the best, F**k the rest" mentality as a fan but it doesn't work for players 99% of the time because they don't know better.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,002 posts | 3350 
      Reply #77: Apr 24, 2014 11:26:24 am

Because sometimes, that quality c**t of a player only learns how good this club is by playing here which leads to loyalty. Why would some lad from - for arguments sake - Germany want to sign for us instead of Chelsea last season? He doesn't know Liverpool is special, he just wants to test himself at the highest level.

It's all nice and emotional to have that idea that "Liverpool are the best, F**k the rest" mentality as a fan but it doesn't work for players 99% of the time because they don't know better.

Everybody in the world knows Liverpool is special.

Go to some puddle of the marsh in Africa or somewhere in the outback in your own country, you can guarantee more people will know who Liverpool are than Chelsea. Also, as I said, we've signed enough quality without Champions League football.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #78: Apr 24, 2014 12:07:48 pm
      I reckon we're gonna sign 6 players this summer. A lot, I know but will be needed for the extra games.

Konoplynka, a CM, RB, LB, CB.

Borini, Suso, Wisdom all back into squad.

Aspas, Moses, Cissohko, Kelly, Adjoran all leaving.

Am I forgetting anyone?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #79: Apr 24, 2014 12:16:28 pm
      I reckon we're gonna sign 6 players this summer. A lot, I know but will be needed for the extra games.

Konoplynka, a CM, RB, LB, CB.

Borini, Suso, Wisdom all back into squad.

Aspas, Moses, Cissohko, Kelly, Adjoran all leaving.

Am I forgetting anyone?
      Seems you are  :o
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #80: Apr 24, 2014 04:43:26 pm
      Everybody in the world knows Liverpool is special.

Go to some puddle of the marsh in Africa or somewhere in the outback in your own country, you can guarantee more people will know who Liverpool are than Chelsea. Also, as I said, we've signed enough quality without Champions League football.

Any club can sign a quality player. Spurs bought Eriksen, Villa bought Benteke, Mancs bought Mata (:f_tongueincheek:) all without CL football so on and so forth.

But that elite level player needs CL footy. Suarez' pre season strop shows that. We bought him as a very good player who turned out to be world class and beyond, and when we weren't in the CL he wanted to leave.

If, for example, BR thinks Mhkeinfijdetayrin is a good fit after he said no last season, but will sign for us this season then that's fine by me. He'll come to love the club no doubt during his time here.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #81: Apr 24, 2014 05:36:21 pm

I like world class cu*ts...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #82: Apr 24, 2014 06:02:33 pm

Wouldn't be the first time I've been called one  ;D

I see myself as more in the top European bracket than actual world class, but it's really not for me to judge.  :f_tongueincheek:
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #83: Apr 24, 2014 08:01:00 pm
      Wouldn't be the first time I've been called one  ;D

I see myself as more in the top European bracket than actual world class, but it's really not for me to judge.  :f_tongueincheek:

;D
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,921 posts | 283 
      Reply #84: Apr 24, 2014 09:09:43 pm
      Wishlist:

Rakitic
      Shaqiri
      Papadopoulos
      Shaw
      De Sciglio
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #85: Apr 24, 2014 09:26:24 pm

How's his recovery gone?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #86: Apr 24, 2014 10:09:55 pm
      Wishlist:

Rakitic
      Shaqiri
      Papadopoulos
      Shaw
      De Sciglio

Much rather blow 30m on Hummells than Papdopolous but I've got to be honest, I'm quite happy with Sakho, Skrtel, Agger and Toure for another season so I don't think it's an issue of paramount concern. I'm going on the basis of adding two, at the most three top class additions. I really don't think it would be a good idea going through a massive turnover of players which could threaten the unity of the group.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #87: Apr 25, 2014 09:20:29 am
      Usually United will not sell to us. But for this guy they will bite our hands off. Never heard about the other guy though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #88: Apr 25, 2014 09:28:36 am
      if we only signed one player I think Pogba would be my choice.
      And Marco Reus would be mine mate... you know, that left-sided attacking player Brendan has been craving all along? This kid is the real deal.

Slip Pogba in for Hendo Luke and I'd bet my house on us winning the lot next season.
      ;D
      It's testament to Hendo that we are now talking about 'replacing' him with a player who will cost someone £35m +...  Lovin' it.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2014 09:39:49 am by bad boy bubby »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #89: Apr 25, 2014 10:07:35 am
      And Marco Reus would be mine mate... you know, that left-sided attacking player Brendan has been craving all along? This kid is the real deal.
       ;D
      It's testament to Hendo that we are now talking about 'replacing' him with a player who will cost someone £35m +...  Lovin' it.

Reus is fantastic as well Mouse and you're right it's the area I think Brendan will target given past history.

Hendo has been fantastic and for me should have been in one of the player of the year lists and the only reason I would go for another similar playr is I think we miss him more than you would expect when he isn't there.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #90: Apr 25, 2014 10:37:36 am
      Hendo has been fantastic and for me should have been in one of the player of the year lists and the only reason I would go for another similar playr is I think we miss him more than you would expect when he isn't there.
      I agree mate and what better way to add depth but if it has only to be one player we target it would definitely be Reus for me.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #91: Apr 25, 2014 10:49:46 am
      Yep Reus would rip the Prem up for @rse paper.

Quick Reply