Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will take the honours?

Liverpool Win
      158 (89.8%)
      Draw
      16 (9.1%)
      Chelsea Win
      2 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 172

Voting closed: Apr 27, 2014 04:50:26 pm

Pre-Match Topic: Liverpool V Chelsea Sunday 27 April 2014 at 14:05

Read 52139 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Liverpool V Chelsea Sunday 27 April 2014 at 14:05
      Reply #161: Apr 23, 2014 01:30:06 pm
      When's the FA charging Ramerez !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #162: Apr 23, 2014 01:30:14 pm
      Howard Webb is taking the Crystal Palace v Man City game.

Now thats interesting as he is a scum supporter.

Conspiracies swirl .......
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #163: Apr 23, 2014 01:41:08 pm
      When's the FA charging Ramerez !

Today mate.

Should be released around 5pm.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #164: Apr 23, 2014 01:43:50 pm
      I can see Suarez, Sterling, Sturiddge, Doing this to the plastics defence.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #165: Apr 23, 2014 01:47:48 pm
      BR is going to have to give some serious thought of how we break through the 7-2-1 ocean liner he deployed last night. Tactical genius my arse!

he's a little pr**k moaninho. his tactics are based on stopping the other team playing, rather than getting the best out of his own team. thats the big difference between BR and the little sh*te (that and the light years in terms of class).

jose relies on stopping the opponent and expensive individual talent to nick a goal on the counter attack. he'd never achieve what br has.

can't wait for this. we need to truly put them in their place and hopefully suarez isn't still peckish :)

DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #166: Apr 23, 2014 01:54:21 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #167: Apr 23, 2014 01:57:20 pm
      Jose is bad for football, I can't really stand the sh*t, leaves a trail of destruction behind.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #168: Apr 23, 2014 01:59:15 pm
      What's there to wait, just band that dirty fooker ramires for 10 games. The video clearly shopws that he swung an arm at the opponent's face and, that's it. I've noticed that he has been a dirty player all along and  no referee has taken any serious action against him yet. Time to give him a big fat ban.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #169: Apr 23, 2014 02:04:56 pm
      Any info on Sturridge?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #170: Apr 23, 2014 02:18:53 pm

It'd be nice to know but it's good to keep things quiet rather than let any other team have prior knowledge.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4881 
      Reply #171: Apr 23, 2014 02:35:13 pm
      I think that's the point some seem to want to address, i.e. people shouldn't be entitled to vote for who they want.

I really don't understand this little village mentality here that people get annoyed and start asking for bans if a person chooses to vote someone else. I really couldn't give a fvck how people vote, it's their prerogative but a few round here really start foaming at the mouth about this. Another odd one.  :-\

Foaming at the mouth. ;D

It was meant in jest Beer.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #172: Apr 23, 2014 02:36:02 pm
      Foaming at the mouth.

It was meant in jest Beer.

BAN BAN BAN!!!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4881 
      Reply #173: Apr 23, 2014 02:39:58 pm

I propose a ban for Beerbelly for daring to suggest we shouldn't ban whoever voted for Chelsea. :D

Or maybe it's the same person? :P
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #174: Apr 23, 2014 02:42:39 pm
      Hope Sturridge is fit for this one as I'm not sure on Suarez lately. Not overall I just think he is going through a bit of a dip in form at the moment, seems to be hit n miss. Would prefer the partnership though I do also have faith in Sterling to fill the void if needs be.

I'm still very nervous about the whole thing, I think even if we win city still stand a good chance. They have a better goal difference to us and only need (at the moment) to draw level on points unless we can smash Chelsea for 4 or more.

I see Palace as a very tough game too and a potential banana skin for us and its the type of game we do usually slip up on.

Newcastle doesn't worry me too much but you never know of coarse.

Saying that if we do win on Sunday and city drop any points with hard to beat palace then I will finally start to believe we can do it.

So many years of seeing us close and far away I'm finding it hard not to wait for the fall.

Title aside though we have been fantastic this year and not winning the title is not a failure as our target was to break back into the top 4 and we have over achieved on that front already as we cant finish below 3rd. No one even gave us a hope of being top 4 so what we have done is a major achievement though I'm sure if we don't win the league the press and rival fans will class it as a failure.

Fingers crossed, YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #175: Apr 23, 2014 02:53:57 pm
      I fancy us to win this game for a couple of reasons:

1) Positive Mental Attitude - We have a great team spirit at the moment whilst Maureen seems to have infused negativity into Chelsea.
      2) They are weaker - The loss of Terry and Cech will affect them quite a lot I think, plus Ramires
      3) We are much stronger - We have Sterling who is playing out of his skin at the moment and overall the team is much better than the one that narrowly lost at Stamford Bridge.

All in all we should win this, although I'm expecting yet another nervy last 10 minutes, especially as the chavs will have to try to get a goal, i.e they won't be able to just park the bus.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #176: Apr 23, 2014 02:56:20 pm
      I can see luiz getting Red ..Suarez , studg and sterling gonna frustrate him to his cores ...
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #177: Apr 23, 2014 03:11:04 pm
      Hope Sturridge is fit for this one as I'm not sure on Suarez lately. Not overall I just think he is going through a bit of a dip in form at the moment, seems to be hit n miss.

Suarez benefits from having Studge next to him.  Not many people seem to take notice or give praise for the work that Studge puts in off the ball.  He draws so much attention from defenders because of his blistering pace and ability to sprint into the space behind the defensive line and latch onto balls played through the channels.  He constantly pulls defenders out of position which allows Luis to have more freedom to get on the ball and drive at defenders.  Studge is very unselfish with his movement off the ball, although he can be a little bit selfish when he gets the ball and senses the opportunity to have a shot at goal. 

I really hope he is fit for this game as he will be fired up to show Chelsea just how big of a mistake they made in letting him go!!  A win here and we are practically within touching distance of the title!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #178: Apr 23, 2014 03:13:56 pm
      Since Cech and Terry will now miss the match I'm more confident about getting the 3 points. It's certainly changed my prediction on the outcome since I voted for a draw (for factors previously stated).

I really can't believe Barcelona are willing to spend big money on Luiz, the guy is woeful at centre back. Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge will terrorise him.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #179: Apr 23, 2014 03:36:15 pm
      They only scored two goals in their last five away matches, one of which is a Hazard penalty at PSG. The only goal from open play was a lucky Demba Ba winner against a 10 men Swansea. Their service and build up play to strikers seems to be lacking.

In contrast, we are capable of putting in two or three goals against any opposition. Without being very unlucky, we should be on our way.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #180: Apr 23, 2014 03:39:43 pm
      Cech - Injured
      Terry - Injured
      Ramires - Suspended?
      Mikel to play because he's out for the AM 2nd Leg.
      Eto'o - Return from injury?
      Hazard - Return from injury?

Chelsea are coming into this with a massive headache on selection.
      They could be forced into playing fringe players anyway the way things are going.

I'm sure that was where the questions would have been heading coming up to the game.
      Suddenly there are two very important games in the space of a few days and you can't
      rotate the team the way you would have liked.

How to combat this or cut off this line of questioning?
      Be a c**t and suggest that you'll throw away the Premier League, even though you're 5 points behind.

Mourinho was going to have to rest players coming into these games.
      Of course he's used it as an attempt to claim some high moral ground and hint at victim status.

So now we know.
      No questions about how to rotate the team given the challenges of being in both competitions.
      No questions about how Mourinho prioritises the games from either competition.

Mourinho is the victim and we should all show compassion.

So how does the fringe team line out then Mourinho?

Well you'd probably put in the well rested, ineligible for Europe, Salah and Matic for starters
      along with Mikel, who is out of the 2nd league due to the yellow card he collected.
      In the process drop Luiz into CB to replace the injured Terry. Oh and Oscar didn't play during
      the week so he should be fresh. If you wanted to pretend it was a proper fringe side you could
      probably put Schurrle up front.

Here we go.
      Same as Atletico Madrid?
      Park the F***ing bus mate.

Schwarzer

Azpilicueta     Cahill    Luiz     Cole

Matic      Mikel

Willian          Oscar        Salah

Schurrle

This will be a hard fought game no matter how Mourinho tries to coat it.

ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #181: Apr 23, 2014 03:48:14 pm
      Cech - Injured
      Terry - Injured
      Ramires - Suspended?
      Mikel to play because he's out for the AM 2nd Leg.
      Eto'o - Return from injury?
      Hazard - Return from injury?

Eto'o - No return date according to physioroom
      Hazard - Back yesterday according to physioroom
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #182: Apr 23, 2014 03:50:11 pm
      Eto'o - No return date according to physioroom
      Hazard - Back yesterday according to physioroom

he will keep Hazard for the CL
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #183: Apr 23, 2014 04:24:39 pm
      Seems like Mourinho wants to make a statement to the FA that they should have done more to "help Chelsea" with regards to the timing of this fixture.  In all honesty, I understand his frustration.  The Spanish FA have moved Atletico and Real's fixtures around to try to help them be as successful as possible on both fronts (league and CL).  However, Jose is a bitter man and I think he will intentionally flop in this game just to piss off the league officials.  I won't be too upset if Jose makes things easier for us in order to prove his point :)

Quick Reply