Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will take the honours?

Liverpool Win
      158 (89.8%)
      Draw
      16 (9.1%)
      Chelsea Win
      2 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 172

Voting closed: Apr 27, 2014 04:50:26 pm

Pre-Match Topic: Liverpool V Chelsea Sunday 27 April 2014 at 14:05

Read 52579 times
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Re: Liverpool V Chelsea Sunday 27 April 2014 at 14:05
      Reply #184: Apr 23, 2014 05:05:12 pm
      Seems like Mourinho wants to make a statement to the FA that they should have done more to "help Chelsea" with regards to the timing of this fixture.  In all honesty, I understand his frustration.  The Spanish FA have moved Atletico and Real's fixtures around to try to help them be as successful as possible on both fronts (league and CL).  However, Jose is a bitter man and I think he will intentionally flop in this game just to piss off the league officials.  I won't be too upset if Jose makes things easier for us in order to prove his point :)

Tbh I think his team selection would be different if they didnt bollox up sunderland.  He knows he has no chance for the prem.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #185: Apr 23, 2014 05:11:34 pm
      Maureen mind games. Having seen every other manager try and pull the 'LFC will be cracking under pressure' card and fail miserably he has changed tact to 'were f#cked, you've got it in the bag' in the hope it will breed pressure or complacency.

I hope we get a response from BR who has done a grade A job of diffusing this kinda stuff without becoming embroiled in it and I think that gets right under Maureens skin
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #186: Apr 23, 2014 05:20:37 pm
      Possible team v Liverpool, Sunday
      (4-3-3): Hilario; Kalas, Mikel, Christensen, Ake; Van Ginkel, Matic, Lampard; Salah, Ba, Schurrle

Probable team v Atletico Madrid, Wednesday
      (4-2-3-1): Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, Luiz; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto'o

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-vs-chelsea-take-look-3445777#ixzz2zj7bfOm9
      Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #187: Apr 23, 2014 05:24:06 pm
      No news on Ramires yet?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Reply #188: Apr 23, 2014 05:30:16 pm
      This is all such crap.....he's going to field the strongest team he can against us. There's no way he'll want to give us a foot in the door for the title even if it means making it more likely for City to win it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #189: Apr 23, 2014 05:32:17 pm
      Seems like Mourinho wants to make a statement to the FA that they should have done more to "help Chelsea" with regards to the timing of this fixture.  In all honesty, I understand his frustration.  The Spanish FA have moved Atletico and Real's fixtures around to try to help them be as successful as possible on both fronts (league and CL).  However, Jose is a bitter man and I think he will intentionally flop in this game just to piss off the league officials.  I won't be too upset if Jose makes things easier for us in order to prove his point :)

Atelico Madrid are also playing on Sunday, more lies from Maureen:

SUNDAY, APRIL 27, 2014
      Time   Home       Away   Venue
      11:00 BST   Espanyol    v    Almeria   CornellĂ  - El Prat
      16:00 BST   Valencia    v    Atletico Madrid   Estadio Mestalla
      18:00 BST   Athletic Bilbao    v    Sevilla FC   San MamĂ©s
      20:00 BST   Villarreal    v    Barcelona   Estadio El Madrigal
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #190: Apr 23, 2014 05:36:40 pm
      Atelico Madrid are also playing on Sunday, more lies from Maureen:

SUNDAY, APRIL 27, 2014
      Time   Home       Away   Venue
      11:00 BST   Espanyol    v    Almeria   CornellĂ  - El Prat
      16:00 BST   Valencia    v    Atletico Madrid   Estadio Mestalla
      18:00 BST   Athletic Bilbao    v    Sevilla FC   San MamĂ©s
      20:00 BST   Villarreal    v    Barcelona   Estadio El Madrigal

Off-topic here, but that Bilbao-Sevilla match should be pretty good. Bilbao in 4th, 3 points ahead of Sevilla who are in 5th.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #191: Apr 23, 2014 06:12:39 pm
      Ramires has been charged, and has until 6:00pm tomorrow to respond.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2014/apr/ramires-rui-faria-charged-230414#BawkCwJrpRhiIaSc.99

Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #192: Apr 23, 2014 06:25:57 pm
      Terry and Czech being out of the game are real bonuses for us, particularly given the experience they bring in terms of dealing with the atmosphere at Anfield. However, they have a very deep squad with quality all over the place so there will be no complacency from our boys I'm sure.

Maureen is up to his usual antics and the double standards are lost on him as usual. The irony for me is that the Sunderland game they messed up last Saturday was originally due to be played on the Sunday which meant Sunderland (who had played the previous Wednesday) had less time to prepare for the game than originally planned. I didn't hear them whingeing about it though, and funnily enou it didn't seem to effect them either.

Feck what he says or does. This game is all about our gaffer, our lads and our fans. They won't be able to handle our players who will be backed by the noisiest and fiercest crowd experienced at Anfield since those famous semi-finals in 2005 and 2007
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #193: Apr 23, 2014 06:28:53 pm
      hope fat frank is playing I really want to do some damage to them
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #194: Apr 23, 2014 06:31:18 pm

Shame that, he's been absolute sh*te all season for them.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #195: Apr 23, 2014 07:10:18 pm
      We win this game and the  league is ours
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #196: Apr 23, 2014 08:49:33 pm
      They ll play Schwarzer azpicuelta ivanovic Luiz cole matic mikel lampard Oscar salah ba against us I suspect. Cahill Ramirez hazard Willian shurrle eto to come back in the champions league.

Whatever team they ll put out it will be tough to break down with enough skill to worry us. We need to be at it from the first minute. If we go 2-0 up they will not want to expand their energy coming back into it...
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #197: Apr 23, 2014 09:06:00 pm
      Going for a draw..Liverpool 2 Chelsea 2.....but hope I'm wrong.please?

I can't stand the F*ckers...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #198: Apr 23, 2014 09:10:46 pm

In time for a ban to be issued on Friday morning?

Have we friends at the FA. ? ;D   I don't think so ....... but the ban would be good.

B***ard might just ask for a personal hearing to get the game against us in.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #199: Apr 23, 2014 09:27:30 pm
      How many of you would recall Agger for Sakho?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Reply #200: Apr 23, 2014 09:29:06 pm
      How many of you would recall Agger for Sakho?

I would honestly consider playing them both, going three at the back. Don't think I would pull Sakho, his passing is underrated in my opinion.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      Reply #201: Apr 23, 2014 09:30:36 pm
      I would honestly consider playing them both, going three at the back. Don't think I would pull Sakho, his passing is underrated in my opinion.

Would you really? I think our 2 full backs will be needed big time Sunday to open up the bus
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #202: Apr 23, 2014 09:31:00 pm
      Terry will be a massive loss for them. He regularly scores away from home.
      winnie
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #203: Apr 23, 2014 10:14:44 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Reply #204: Apr 23, 2014 10:20:07 pm
      Liverpool v Chelsea: Roman Abramovich backs Jose Mourinho's plan to field 'B team' in Anfield showdown

By Ben Rumsby and Matt Law

9:54PM BST 23 Apr 2014

Roman Abramovich has given his blessing to Jose Mourinho’s controversial plan to rest an entire XI in Chelsea’s showdown with Liverpool – even if it means surrendering the Premier League title.

Abramovich and his board will not prevent their manager making wholesale changes for the trip to Anfield on Sunday after Mourinho claimed that anything else would jeopardise the club’s hopes of reaching the Champions League final.

Mourinho risked outraging his rival managers – particularly Manchester City’s Manuel Pellegrini – by revealing on Tuesday night his desire not to start any of the same players at Liverpool as will feature in the semi-final second leg against AtlĂ©tico Madrid on Wednesday.

His press conference after the first leg continued a week of contentious public statements which have led to his being charged last night with misconduct by the Football Association.

In what could prove a landmark case, the Portuguese was accused of calling into question the integrity of referee Mike Dean, as well as Mike Riley, the referees’ chief, after the explosive defeat against Sunderland on Saturday.

Mourinho used his post-match press conference to offer sarcastic “congratulations” to Dean and Riley, something viewed by the FA as a naked attempt to circumvent their rules on criticising officials.

Despite having been fined £8,000 twice this season – he is still challenging the second punishment – Mourinho is unlikely to be banned from the touchline if found guilty, with off-field offences usually sanctioned financially.

The same cannot be said for Mourinho’s assistant, Rui Faria, who was charged last night over his attempt to confront Dean following Sunderland’s controversial winning goal.

Faria was hit with two charges because he also had to be restrained by Mourinho after being ordered from the touchline. He is expected to be banned for several matches.

As is Ramires, the midfielder who was charged by the FA’s video review panel with striking Sebastian Larsson in the same game and faces a four-game suspension.

After a wave of disciplinary action against Chelsea in recent weeks, they can at least console themselves that they should avoid punishment if Mourinho carries out his threat to field a “weakened” side against Liverpool.

Three years ago, making such wholesale changes would have landed them with a five-figure fine but the Premier League amended its rules in the summer of 2011 following controversial punishments handed out to Blackpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Clubs are now at liberty to field anyone from their official 25-man squad list, in addition to some under-21 players.

There is no specific limit on how many youngsters clubs can start but the Premier League does have the power to fine them if it feels the integrity of the competition has been unduly compromised.

Even with injuries to Petr Cech and John Terry, Mourinho will be able to field 10 members of his 25-man Premier League squad on Sunday – along with one under-21 player – and still keep 11 back for AtlĂ©tico.

While that would almost certainly not lead to any punishment, it could spark huge criticism and would doubtless infuriate City, who will be desperate for Chelsea to win at Anfield to resurrect their own title hopes.

Mourinho feels that such drastic action is justified by the Premier League’s refusal to switch the game on Sunday, a decision which infuriated both him and the club.

Chelsea made representations to have it moved upon reaching the Champions League semi-finals, something the Premier League would have done automatically had the second leg of that tie been on a Tuesday. Indeed, with the first leg falling on Tuesday, it switched the Sunderland match to a Saturday.

However, it would not budge over the Liverpool fixture once the second leg of the Atlético game was confirmed as being on a Wednesday, insisting the club were fully aware of its policy on rescheduling games at the start of the season.

That opinion is thought to be shared by Sky Sports, which will broadcast both the Liverpool-Chelsea and Chelsea-Atlético matches Any change to agreements between Premier League clubs and their broadcast partners could not be made until the current television deals expire in 2016.

Mourinho has long complained that clubs in Spain see fixtures rearranged all the time to give them the best chance of progressing in Europe.

:lmao:

I'm sure he's going to forfeit any chance at the league title to prove a stupid point.

Tool.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      Reply #205: Apr 23, 2014 10:38:37 pm
      Liverpool v Chelsea: Roman Abramovich backs Jose Mourinho's plan to field 'B team' in Anfield showdown

By Ben Rumsby and Matt Law

9:54PM BST 23 Apr 2014

Roman Abramovich has given his blessing to Jose Mourinho’s controversial plan to rest an entire XI in Chelsea’s showdown with Liverpool – even if it means surrendering the Premier League title.

Abramovich and his board will not prevent their manager making wholesale changes for the trip to Anfield on Sunday after Mourinho claimed that anything else would jeopardise the club’s hopes of reaching the Champions League final.

Mourinho risked outraging his rival managers – particularly Manchester City’s Manuel Pellegrini – by revealing on Tuesday night his desire not to start any of the same players at Liverpool as will feature in the semi-final second leg against AtlĂ©tico Madrid on Wednesday.

His press conference after the first leg continued a week of contentious public statements which have led to his being charged last night with misconduct by the Football Association.

In what could prove a landmark case, the Portuguese was accused of calling into question the integrity of referee Mike Dean, as well as Mike Riley, the referees’ chief, after the explosive defeat against Sunderland on Saturday.

Mourinho used his post-match press conference to offer sarcastic “congratulations” to Dean and Riley, something viewed by the FA as a naked attempt to circumvent their rules on criticising officials.

Despite having been fined £8,000 twice this season – he is still challenging the second punishment – Mourinho is unlikely to be banned from the touchline if found guilty, with off-field offences usually sanctioned financially.

The same cannot be said for Mourinho’s assistant, Rui Faria, who was charged last night over his attempt to confront Dean following Sunderland’s controversial winning goal.

Faria was hit with two charges because he also had to be restrained by Mourinho after being ordered from the touchline. He is expected to be banned for several matches.

As is Ramires, the midfielder who was charged by the FA’s video review panel with striking Sebastian Larsson in the same game and faces a four-game suspension.

After a wave of disciplinary action against Chelsea in recent weeks, they can at least console themselves that they should avoid punishment if Mourinho carries out his threat to field a “weakened” side against Liverpool.

Three years ago, making such wholesale changes would have landed them with a five-figure fine but the Premier League amended its rules in the summer of 2011 following controversial punishments handed out to Blackpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Clubs are now at liberty to field anyone from their official 25-man squad list, in addition to some under-21 players.

There is no specific limit on how many youngsters clubs can start but the Premier League does have the power to fine them if it feels the integrity of the competition has been unduly compromised.

Even with injuries to Petr Cech and John Terry, Mourinho will be able to field 10 members of his 25-man Premier League squad on Sunday – along with one under-21 player – and still keep 11 back for AtlĂ©tico.

While that would almost certainly not lead to any punishment, it could spark huge criticism and would doubtless infuriate City, who will be desperate for Chelsea to win at Anfield to resurrect their own title hopes.

Mourinho feels that such drastic action is justified by the Premier League’s refusal to switch the game on Sunday, a decision which infuriated both him and the club.

Chelsea made representations to have it moved upon reaching the Champions League semi-finals, something the Premier League would have done automatically had the second leg of that tie been on a Tuesday. Indeed, with the first leg falling on Tuesday, it switched the Sunderland match to a Saturday.

However, it would not budge over the Liverpool fixture once the second leg of the Atlético game was confirmed as being on a Wednesday, insisting the club were fully aware of its policy on rescheduling games at the start of the season.

That opinion is thought to be shared by Sky Sports, which will broadcast both the Liverpool-Chelsea and Chelsea-Atlético matches Any change to agreements between Premier League clubs and their broadcast partners could not be made until the current television deals expire in 2016.

Mourinho has long complained that clubs in Spain see fixtures rearranged all the time to give them the best chance of progressing in Europe.

:lmao:

I'm sure he's going to forfeit any chance at the league title to prove a stupid point.

Tool.

Well only 1 reply to that, from John Lennon

We're playing those mind games together
       Pushing the barriers planting seeds
       Playing the mind guerrilla
       Chanting the Mantra peace on earth
       We all been playing those mind games forever
       Some kinda druid dudes lifting the veil
       Doing the mind guerrilla
       Some call it magic the search for the grail

Love is the answer and you know that for sure
       Love is a flower you got to let it grow

So keep on playing those mind games together
       Faith in the future out of the now
       You just can't beat on those mind guerrillas
       Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind
       Yeah we're playing those mind games together
       Projecting our images in space and in time

Yes is the answer and you know that for sure
       Yes is surrender you got to let it go

So keep on playing those mind games together
       Doing the ritual dance in the sun
       Millions of mind guerrillas
       Putting their soul power to the karmic wheel
       Keep on playing those mind games together
       Raising the spirit of peace and love
       (I want you to make love, not war
       I know you've heard it before) 
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #206: Apr 23, 2014 10:40:01 pm
      If we study into Chelsea's game closely, they have 3-major strengths which are also their 3-major weaknesses. I'd believe the opposition has finally found out what are those and that could be the very reason they have been successful in taking points off chelski. I'm not revealing what are those strengths/weaknesses here as there are 2-moles (so far) lurking in this forum plus some posters here and I'm sure BR already know what are those.

Take what maureen says with a pinch of salt as he's a master distractor. We must spend more time concentrating on our own game and work on varying tactics to beat them. I won't be surprised if all their players turned up, including those seemingly injured except cech.

Quick Reply