Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will take the honours?

Liverpool Win
      158 (89.8%)
      Draw
      16 (9.1%)
      Chelsea Win
      2 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 172

Voting closed: Apr 27, 2014 04:50:26 pm

Pre-Match Topic: Liverpool V Chelsea Sunday 27 April 2014 at 14:05

Read 52138 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: Liverpool V Chelsea Sunday 27 April 2014 at 14:05
      Reply #207: Apr 23, 2014 11:40:10 pm
      I for one would hate to see a B team. Id rather play their best XI.
      Non starters usually up their game a lot when given the oportunity, and its a we got nopthing to lose, everything to win kind of game. I hate it.

Id rather play their best team, they will, even subconsiously, not put in a 100% effort knowing the league is lost and they hace CL semi a few days later.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #208: Apr 23, 2014 11:47:58 pm
      Just bring the game Chelsea - the rest is white noise.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #209: Apr 23, 2014 11:52:18 pm
      I don't care who is on the bus when Chelsea park it.

2 years 250 million spent and nothing to show for it Jose.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #210: Apr 24, 2014 12:08:00 am
      Whatever team they field is a weakened team, compared to ours anyway.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #211: Apr 24, 2014 12:13:06 am
      Whatever team they field is a weakened team, compared to ours anyway.

not too sure actually...

I think this whole perception of a weakened team is mourinho's mind game.  if he loses, they lost cause its a weak team.. if they win or draw... jose is a genius for getting a result.

imo, if any time in the prem can find 2 really solid teams, it will be Chelsea... I rate their depth better than even man city.  they really have quite a solid and deep team... when you have players like cole warming a bench, not too many teams can counter that.

imo BR is doing it right.  just go head down, focused on ourselves.. train and make sure our lads are all ready to go on sunday

the whole bit about us not moving the game to Saturday... another ploy to get a reaction
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #212: Apr 24, 2014 12:31:41 am
                                Mig
      Johnson      Skrtel       Agger     Flanno
                        Gerrard       
                                     Allen
                       Coutinho
           Sterling                         Suarez
                           Sturridge

Expect Raheem and Luis to be their usual petulant selves.
      Sturridge needs to step it up - off the pace before he got injured.
      Cou needs to prove hes better than Oscar.
      Allen in for Lucas for me, we need to press high up the pitch, its more effective.
      Stevie will command the orchestra from the back.
      Flanno needs to be careful, great determination but gone of the boil the last few outings.
      I'd go for Agger, worse in the air but Sakho worries me.
      Skrtel will crush them all.
      Johnson needs to stop F***ing about. Has got 3 games to prove his replacement shouldn't be the top of our transfer target list.
      I'm going for lots of goals, we're too creative. 

4-2
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #213: Apr 24, 2014 01:08:27 am
      not too sure actually...

I think this whole perception of a weakened team is mourinho's mind game.  if he loses, they lost cause its a weak team.. if they win or draw... jose is a genius for getting a result.

Very Hodgson-esque.

The Owl used to big up the opposng team just in case we lost.

Wow. How long ago was that fiasco ?

As per the post above....

Sakho also worries me ....another Cissokho.

Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #214: Apr 24, 2014 01:27:37 am
      Maureen is bricking himself. He knows full well, whatever team he puts out he will not stop us from scoring. In fact he will play a weakened team as he knows all his team have in them is to defend. And Liverpool know how to score goals.

What better way to cover your backside then make it clear your priorities are elsewhere. If he plays a full strength team, with his usual 11 behind the ball, we will tear them a new one, as he simply has nothing in that set up that says they are an attacking force. And so he will leave embarrassed and humbled by one of his "protégés". OR do you field a weakened team, still losing miserably, but saving some kind of face.

This isn't mind games by the "special" one, he simply has no other answer than to concede in the most narcissistic way possible.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #215: Apr 24, 2014 01:36:33 am

His mind games are getting a bit tiresome, I don't know how people still fall for it every day. He's always trying to take the pressure off his team, be it blaming officials (after the game against Sunderland, he hinted at some kind of conspiracy to favor us, an hilarious notion; at Real Madrid, that's all he would talk about every time he played Barcelona), saying they are not in the title race, and so on. He is the master of diverting attention to what really matters; and he is ready to sink very low for it. Some will say he's destroying his team's confidence, but he knows what he's doing. He will say something very different in the dressing room, or he'll do it if he thinks they need a kick up the arse. At Porto, he often changed the formation to 4-4-2 because he believed it was less comfortable to play with than a 4-3-3, so the players would not be able to become complacent. That's the kind of manager he is. I admire his intelligence, but not his Machiavellian attitude; for me, the ends do not justify the means.

Anyway, his tactics will fail again against us, like they've failed before in his biggest games against Liverpool FC.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014 01:50:53 am by Diego LFC »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #216: Apr 24, 2014 01:41:44 am
      His mind games are getting a bit tiresome, I don't know how people still far for it every day. He's always trying to take the pressure off his team, be it blaming officials (after the game against Sunderland, he hinted at some kind of conspiracy to favor us, an hilarious notion; at Real Madrid, that's all he would talk about every time he played Barcelona), saying they are not in the title race, and so on. He is the master of diverting attention to what really matters; and he is ready to sink very low for it. Some will say he's destroying his team's confidence, but he knows what he's doing. He will say something very different in the dressing room, or he'll do it if he thinks they need a kick up the arse. At Porto, he often changed the formation to 4-4-2 because he believed it was less comfortable to play with than a 4-3-3, so the players would not be able to become complacent. That's the kind of manager he is. I admire his intelligence, but not his Machiavellian attitude; for me, the ends do not justify the means.

Anyway, his tactics will fail again against us, like they've failed before in his biggest games against Liverpool FC.

Mourinho could pull his pants down, take a sh*t in front of the press, run around stark bollock naked whilst holding a greasy frying pan shouting 'Anyone for tennis!' and the media would still call it the 'canny mind games of Jose'.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #217: Apr 24, 2014 01:49:59 am
      Mourinho could pull his pants down, take a sh*t in front of the press, run around stark bollock naked whilst holding a greasy frying pan shouting 'Anyone for tennis!' and the media would still call it the 'canny mind games of Jose'.

Yes.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #218: Apr 24, 2014 02:00:43 am

:lmao: No doubt!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #219: Apr 24, 2014 02:08:55 am
      watching Chelsea vs AM had to be one of the most boring matches I have ever seen. 

if I was a first time football viewer... I would think the sport sucked

but if you take a stroll over to shedend and read what the chavs supporters think about everything

they believe they will beat us and that jose is the 2nd reincarnation of jesus....  they buy into all his mindgames... what fantastic minions they have at the bridge
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #220: Apr 24, 2014 02:53:22 am
      Who would introduce a non fan to if you wanted to show what's best about this sport?  It certainly wouldn't be Chelsea, especially the way they played that last match.  I would show someone the first 20 minutes of a number of LFC's matches.  Teams that play an attractive flowing attacking style deserve to win titles, the way I see it.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #221: Apr 24, 2014 08:06:45 am
      His mind games are getting a bit tiresome, I don't know how people still fall for it every day. He's always trying to take the pressure off his team, be it blaming officials (after the game against Sunderland, he hinted at some kind of conspiracy to favor us, an hilarious notion; at Real Madrid, that's all he would talk about every time he played Barcelona), saying they are not in the title race, and so on. He is the master of diverting attention to what really matters; and he is ready to sink very low for it. Some will say he's destroying his team's confidence, but he knows what he's doing. He will say something very different in the dressing room, or he'll do it if he thinks they need a kick up the arse. At Porto, he often changed the formation to 4-4-2 because he believed it was less comfortable to play with than a 4-3-3, so the players would not be able to become complacent. That's the kind of manager he is. I admire his intelligence, but not his Machiavellian attitude; for me, the ends do not justify the means.

Perfectly summed up Diego.
      Let him talk, we'll be celebrating on sunday while he's moaning, again.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #222: Apr 24, 2014 08:36:06 am
      Chelsea's board have approved Jose Mourinho's controversial plans to field a weakened team in Sunday's Premier League match against Liverpool at Anfield.

Full story: the Times (subscription required) 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #223: Apr 24, 2014 08:42:08 am
      I thought they already were a weakened team been as they are behind us in the league.  ;D
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #224: Apr 24, 2014 08:44:27 am
      watching Chelsea vs AM had to be one of the most boring matches I have ever seen. 

if I was a first time football viewer... I would think the sport sucked

Which is ironic considering that the reason Roman bought in originally was allegedly after watching a 4-3 gung-ho attacking match between the mancs and Real.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #225: Apr 24, 2014 09:07:31 am
      Heard that Mourinho could get a ban for comments on referee. Is it possible that he could miss our game as well? 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #226: Apr 24, 2014 09:15:00 am
      players are not stupid and they know that Maureen says what is best for his career not his players career's. They are a horrible club who have a horrible owner and even a more horrible manager and Captain. It would be a great day for football if we destroy this lot on Sunday regardless of what team he puts out.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #227: Apr 24, 2014 09:24:26 am
      To be honest, I hate all this debate about what team Jose will put out as whatever team they put out will be good. However, major thing to remember is we need to look after ourselves before we think about what team they will put out.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #228: Apr 24, 2014 09:51:53 am
      Jose probably knows that BR would build our tactics around his line up. That leaves the coaching team scratching their heads with how to set ourselves up, since we can't get a handle on their starting 11. So it's a guess all you want till near kickoff time. Brilliant from Jose.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #229: Apr 24, 2014 09:53:18 am
      http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/04/will-sundays-atmosphere-top-chelseas-visits-2005-2007/

I would love to be going to this game. The 2007 semi-final 2nd leg is the best atmosphere I have ever experienced and I reckon this Sunday will be on a par with that. If you're lucky enough to be going the game don't close your mouth for one second. If you're not singing our team on you should be booing their players in possession. Get there early and make some noise in the warm-ups and sing YNWA with more passion than you imagined  was possible! Our lads will feel 20 feet tall so I pity the fool who fields a "weakened side'.

Quick Reply