Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool FC and Subway to partner

Read 11941 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Liverpool FC and Subway to partner
      Reply #23: Apr 23, 2014 04:24:58 pm
      Single digit. And way below shirt and kit sponsorship deals. The club probably needs five or six such deals to match a shirt or kit sponsorship deal.

I'd still like to know what though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #24: Apr 23, 2014 05:08:14 pm
      I do like Subway as well. You can have a good meal there unlike McDonalds. And unlike McDonalds you don't come out of it feeling like you've been showered in sh*te.
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 23, 2014 05:17:39 pm
      Now we've tied up with Subway, I hope we don't go down the tube.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26: Apr 23, 2014 06:13:15 pm
      I do like Subway as well. You can have a good meal there unlike McDonalds. And unlike McDonalds you don't come out of it feeling like you've been showered in sh*te.

McDonalds is the pits, after saying that the McDonalds in the US is a much better deal and a lot better quality than in the UK.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #27: Apr 23, 2014 06:20:52 pm
      McDonalds is the pits, after saying that the McDonalds in the US is a much better deal and a lot better quality than in the UK.

Haven't had anything other than a milkshake or icecream from McDonalds since that supersize me thing came out. Me and my Mrs agreed, she could have the fries and I could have the shake/icecream but nothing else since that day. It's rotten food, I thought the funniest thing going was when the salads had more calorie content than the burger meals due to the dressings they used. The way it's targeted at children is nothing new of course but just gives me a bad feeling about the entire company and its lack of any morals.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #28: Apr 23, 2014 06:33:13 pm
      Now we've tied up with Subway, I hope we don't go down the tube.

Nah, we are just in it for the bread
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29: Apr 23, 2014 06:50:11 pm
      Haven't had anything other than a milkshake or icecream from McDonalds since that supersize me thing came out. Me and my Mrs agreed, she could have the fries and I could have the shake/icecream but nothing else since that day. It's rotten food, I thought the funniest thing going was when the salads had more calorie content than the burger meals due to the dressings they used. The way it's targeted at children is nothing new of course but just gives me a bad feeling about the entire company and its lack of any morals.

I don't care if they put ground up kittens in the oil they use to fry their french fries...I still love them :lmao:

I don't frequent McDonalds mind you...everything in moderation...and if parents aren't smart enough to be able to make good decisions for their kids and not take them to McDonalds for every meal....well......that's not McDonald's fault now is it ;)

On Subway...they are by no means the best sandwich shops over here in the states, but they are by far the most numerous. I eat there a lot when I'm traveling for work just because it's fairly simple to keep my calories under control. I'm not in love with their food but it's a good alternative to all of the other fast food over here. They partner with a lot of athletes in the states, but have never seen them sponser a club before...although I could be wrong.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #30: Apr 23, 2014 07:07:02 pm
      Subway is not a bad place, there are a lot of them over here in Chicago. I like them more than most of the other sandwich shops, however none of them put enough meat on the damn sandwich. Makes me mad, obviously that way they save money if most of the sandwich is lettuce, so if there is meat in the fridge when I get home, I load that sucker up.

Great for LFC though, more money in the bank. Ironic how we partner up with Dunkin Donuts a sugary glob of goodness and then subway, low fat healthy alternative!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #31: Apr 23, 2014 07:11:45 pm
      Subway is not a bad place, there are a lot of them over here in Chicago. I like them more than most of the other sandwich shops, however none of them put enough meat on the damn sandwich. Makes me mad, obviously that way they save money if most of the sandwich is lettuce, so if there is meat in the fridge when I get home, I load that sucker up.

Great for LFC though, more money in the bank. Ironic how we partner up with Dunkin Donuts a sugary glob of goodness and then subway, low fat healthy alternative!

I may be mistaken but I think one dunkin donut has less calories (and maybe fat) than a typical 6" sub.

I prefer the donuts personally ;D
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #32: Apr 23, 2014 07:41:33 pm
      I may be mistaken but I think one dunkin donut has less calories (and maybe fat) than a typical 6" sub.

I prefer the donuts personally ;D

But can you make one donut a meal ;)

I would rather polish off a couple of donuts rather than eat a sandwhich as well, unfortunately that is unacceptable in today's "health crisis" in America.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34: Apr 23, 2014 09:23:46 pm

In other food and beverage related news, beer consumption found to increase the likelihood of sleeping with ugly chicks!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #35: Apr 23, 2014 09:30:26 pm
      In other food and beverage related news, beer consumption found to increase the likelihood of sleeping with ugly chicks!

In other health related news; people who are more prone to obesity tend to be obese.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36: Apr 23, 2014 09:31:12 pm
      In other health related news; people who are more prone to obesity tend to be obese.

Nice :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #37: Apr 23, 2014 09:33:46 pm

Increased beer consumption can be beneficial in the ugly women dept in the respect that enough ale will prevent you waking up next to the smacked arse of a face you took home when pissed.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #38: Apr 23, 2014 09:36:27 pm
      Redone
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 23, 2014 10:46:46 pm
      First Dunkin Donut, now Subway. Hahaha, my girlfriend loves them, now she can support LFC more often now.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #40: Apr 23, 2014 10:48:52 pm

That would be the Hovis sponsorship Saint .
       ;D

Look at all the dough we are going to make.

(Coat)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #41: Apr 23, 2014 11:02:55 pm
      LFC should take a decent slice of the profits, I will have to give Subway a go, when I am next in town.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #42: Apr 23, 2014 11:25:47 pm

So we signed the deal because we knead the dough?
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #43: Apr 24, 2014 02:17:44 am

Definitely healthier than donuts though. And McDonalds has virtually no healthy options, subway has plenty of great healthy choices.

I prefer pizza though, deep dish. Do not care how unhealthy it is. Hopefully that is next on LFC's agenda!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Apr 24, 2014 02:37:49 am
      Currently sitting outside the Subway store on my uni campus eating a foot long while reading this news!

Love Subway. Great news :D
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #45: Apr 24, 2014 04:33:20 am
      yup. always liked subway, going to eat more often there now! :D

Quick Reply