Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)

Read 73318 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Re: Fabio Borini (Sunderland)
      Reply #69: May 31, 2014 10:26:26 am
      Sell Fabio,  £12-£14m, use it to go get either Bony or Lukaku ?

Suarez, Sturridge, Lambert,Bony/Lukaku not to shabby a front 4, add, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana as creators/attackers, backed up with Hendo, Martinez, Gerrard and a back 4 of Flanno, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno.......getting carried away here....but getting very excited also !

YNWA

I can't see us buying another number 9 dude, particularly as we often play with just one out an out striker. If we buy another forward I am fairly certain it will be a versatile player who can play right across the front line ie. a player like Pedro. The days of having 4 out an out top line strikers at a club are long gone for me because the game has moved on, it was great when everyone played 4-4-2. I actually think we will see Sterling play in the 9 role a bit this season as well, he's got the strength to play up there now.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #70: May 31, 2014 10:46:38 am
      I adore Fabio Borini with all my heart, but if £12-14M is offered, I'd find it hard to say no. I'm doubtful that he's good enough for CL, but he could be very useful in cup competitions and he brings something different from the bench. Having said that, Lambert adds the same diversity, and I'd far rather have £12-14M to add towards buying Sanchez/Pedro/Shaqiri than have Borini.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #71: May 31, 2014 10:53:23 am
      Sell Fabio,  £12-£14m, use it to go get either Bony or Lukaku ?

YNWA

Looks like the Chavs are wanting to use him as a makeweight for Roma's Mehdi Benatia.

Barca's Cristian Tello would be a fine choice and probably could be gotten for circa £10M.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #72: May 31, 2014 11:15:48 am
      I adore Fabio Borini with all my heart

how could you possibly adore a player "with all your heart" who has never done one damn thing for our club?

if you want someone to adore, try Stevie, or Suarez---the latter of whom is one of the best players in the world and still is a model to all the other players in the team in that he gives 110% every single time he is out on the pitch.

THAT is someone you should adore.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #73: May 31, 2014 11:23:29 am

how could you possibly adore a player "with all your heart" who has never done one damn thing for our club?

Diame?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #74: May 31, 2014 11:28:01 am
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #75: May 31, 2014 12:03:46 pm

Point being: the defenders stop tracking the forward who makes a run once they know that even if he does get the ball, he's unlikely to do anything with it.

:lmao:  :-[
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #76: May 31, 2014 06:42:22 pm
      I do like Borini, but anything above £12m and we need to seriously consider it. It'd be what we paid for him back and could definitely use it to improve our back line.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #77: May 31, 2014 07:14:16 pm
      It'll be interesting to see how this rumour develops.  I'm not sure I would sell him but then I'm not Brendan.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #78: May 31, 2014 08:38:58 pm
      It'll be interesting to see how this rumour develops.  I'm not sure I would sell him but then I'm not Brendan.

My opinion is that Brendan really likes him and he wants to play for us so I'd be surprised if he got sold at all.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: May 31, 2014 08:58:45 pm
      My opinion is that Brendan really likes him and he wants to play for us so I'd be surprised if he got sold at all.

I kinda feel the same mate but Brendans blueprint has changed/improved so much since his arrival he may not feel he's what we need now.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #80: Jun 01, 2014 04:41:46 pm
      Sunderland ready to offer £10m to land Liverpool's Fabio Borini [Chronicle Live]

Would believe this if our interest in Shaqiri is serious
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #81: Jun 01, 2014 04:47:57 pm
      If we do sell him I hope we put in a sell on clause. He strikes me as someone who may be a late developer.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #82: Jun 01, 2014 05:08:19 pm

You forgot Gomel and Newcastle or something!!

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #83: Jun 01, 2014 05:42:17 pm

The amount of times he's gone in for Tello means he really likes him too. I reckon if Tello is available and if there's a bid for Borini then Brendan would rather opt for Tello. I can't see room for both!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #84: Jun 02, 2014 02:50:29 am
      For £10 million i'd get shot now, he will never be Liverpool quality. Lacks the stomach for a fight. 7 goals in 25 games, 3 of which were penalties, not good enough. When you look at players like Suarez and Sturridge, he is miles behind.

Would be good business if we could use this £10 million to put towards a top class striker. With four fronts next Season to contend i fully expect Rodgers to add to Lambert.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #85: Jun 02, 2014 04:13:59 am
      Criticise his game by all means but to criticise his "stomach for a fight" is something you cannot hold against him. He's tough as they come, works his balls off and keeps fighting until the final whistle.

Watching Sunderland, he never stopped for them. Played not only left side of attack, but played left back most games. He and Marcos Alonso looked very handy on that side for them.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #86: Jun 03, 2014 08:19:03 pm
      With Rickie coming in, can't see him getting much game time. Done OK at Sunderland, but OK is not quite enough (Wickham knocking in a few important ones). Best case from his point of view is he'd be 4th choice at LFC.  I'd take the £10m to reinvest.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #87: Jun 03, 2014 08:31:29 pm
      With Rickie coming in, can't see him getting much game time. Done OK at Sunderland, but OK is not quite enough (Wickham knocking in a few important ones). Best case from his point of view is he'd be 4th choice at LFC.  I'd take the £10m to reinvest.

Actually I can see him starting domestic cup games quite a bit, at least in the early rounds where as Lambert will be a Super Sub of sorts. I think the idea behind Lanbert is give a defence that's set up to handle Suarez and Sturridge something different to think about. I might be wrong though  :)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #88: Jul 11, 2014 06:09:33 am
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #89: Jul 11, 2014 11:28:44 am
      right, the only problem with that is that Borini has a poor touch and missed sitters like it was going out of style when he was with us.  Remember that empty netter against Oldham.... oh dear.  Or that tap-in against Udinese.  ffs. 

Point being: the defenders stop tracking the forward who makes a run once they know that even if he does get the ball, he's unlikely to do anything with it.  If Sturridge is running at the defense and Suarez pulls off, they'll stick to him like glue because if Suarez gets it, it's in the back of the net.  And vice-a-versa.  If Sterling makes an overlapping run then they cover him because he can put it in the back of the net with ease.

If Borini makes a run then the defenders know he'll either kick it out with his first touch or will most likely put it over the bar.  Much easier to just double up on Suarez then stick someone onto Borini.
      So defenders think oh he's crap let him go?
      HORSESHIT...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #90: Jul 11, 2014 11:37:11 am

Essentially swapping him for Remy would be a very good deal for us.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #91: Jul 11, 2014 12:16:19 pm
      I'd cash in. Losing a good player is no excuse for hanging onto a sub par player. 

Quick Reply