Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Moto GP & Isle Of Man TT

Read 46893 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Moto GP & Isle Of Man TT
      May 24, 2014 11:49:20 pm

One of the world's greatest motorsport events as far as I'm concerned is just around the corner, first practice was cancelled today due to weather, and I'm really looking forward to some great action this year.

From  a personal point of view I'm hoping, and have a feeling, William Dunlop is going to get a win this year, probably on the smaller bikes and his brother Michael, who I think is the most natural road racer around right now will be right in the mix as well and had a great North West 200 leading into this years TT.

John McGuiness is always in and around the wins on the island but while he is carrying an injury I'm not sure he will do well this year. I think local man Conor Cummins will be worth a watch and could get his first win.

The ever popular Guy Martin is still looking for his first TT win and although he didn't have a great North West, a course he admits he doesn't like, I think he is still a possible winner here this year and will trouble the podium positions at some point. He did admit during the North West that he was using it as a warm up for the TT so maybe Guy is focusing on that first win on the island.

Looking forward to the coverage when it gets on TV and ITV seem to have decent amount of airtime this year so will be good to see as much racing as possible.
      « Last Edit: Nov 10, 2015 03:26:32 pm by racerx34 »
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Re: Isle Of Man TT
      Reply #1: May 26, 2014 06:07:37 pm
      Makes me laugh when I see people like Scott Parker being described as "brave" and getting paid tens of thousands a week when you have real men taking part in events like these.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2: May 26, 2014 10:14:16 pm
      The older hands of Bruce Anstey and John McGuiness set the early pace on first practice tonight. Wasn't able to see any of the action as I was out but great to get underway after the rain on Saturday.

http://www.iomtt.com/News/2014/May/26/Monday-Practice.aspx
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3: May 30, 2014 11:20:26 pm
      Michael Dunlop has ended the practice week top of the Superbikes going into the first race tomorrow with Anstey very quick yet again in 2nd overall closely followed by Guy Martin as the only other rider over 130mph.

Gary Johnson has been fastest on the smaller Supersport class with Michael second over the week and his brother William third.

Really looking forward to race day tomorrow and the highlights on ITV 4 at 9pm.

The whole coverage on ITV 4 has been excellent all week with highlights shows alongside some documentaries as well and I've been well impressed with it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: May 30, 2014 11:22:34 pm
      Men, Real Men.
      On BEASTS.

Must check out ITV 4.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #5: May 30, 2014 11:27:01 pm
      Men, Real Men.
      On BEASTS.

Must check out ITV 4.

It's been great all week mate. Michael Dunlop docu on Monday, Norton programme on Tuesday, Class of 2014 focussing on the new boys on Wed and a Joey Dunlop documentary last night as well as highlights and previews shows.

Can you get the ITV player down your way?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: May 30, 2014 11:44:01 pm
      It's been great all week mate. Michael Dunlop docu on Monday, Norton programme on Tuesday, Class of 2014 focussing on the new boys on Wed and a Joey Dunlop documentary last night as well as highlights and previews shows.

Can you get the ITV player down your way?

I'll admit it's not been the same since Jefferies died.
      RIP big man.

David Jefferies Tribute
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7: May 30, 2014 11:52:15 pm
      I'll admit it's not been the same since Jefferies died.
      RIP big man.

David Jefferies Tribute

Hard to believe that was over 10 years ago.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: May 31, 2014 12:10:18 am
      Hard to believe that was over 10 years ago.

I know.
      Looked at the date on the video.
      Couldn't believe that was 11 years ago.
      I can remember it like it was last week.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #9: May 31, 2014 03:10:17 pm
      Michael Dunlop strikes first and got his 8th TT win on the Superbikes this morning with Guy Martin second and local man Conor Cummins third. Mickey D is an absolute beast of a rider and I can see him breaking records if he keeps it up.

Bruce Anstey broke the record and was the first man round the mountain course over 132mph  but finished outside the podium positions.

Can't wait to see this on the TV tonight as it sounds like it was a great opening race.

http://www.iomtt.com/News/2014/May/31/Dainese-Superbike.aspx
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #10: Jun 01, 2014 03:14:07 pm
      These guys are nuts, makes me nervous just watching footage of the races.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #11: Jun 01, 2014 03:20:14 pm
      These guys are nuts, makes me nervous just watching footage of the races.

Indeed FL.

Some of the speed they reach on the TT circuit in between house, hedges and the like is crazy.

It's even more unreal when you seem them fly past you live literally a few feet away.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #12: Jun 03, 2014 12:27:30 am
      Great win for Gary Johnson this morning in the Supersport race on the Triumph with Bruce Anstey second and Michael Dunlop third.

Poor weather mean we have to wait for tomorrow for the Superstock race where I think Dunlop will behard to best.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Jun 03, 2014 11:38:13 pm
      RIP Bomber Harris. TT respects no reputations. A legend lost.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #14: Jun 07, 2014 12:07:21 am
      This morning got under way with Dean Harrison taking the Lightweight class and this afternoon Michael Dunlop rounded off a dominant TT with the win in the Senior to add to his Supersport win on Wednesday to leave him now on 11 TT wins in total.

William Dunlop crashed out and has a possible broken leg but no serious injuries after startng the Senior really well and running secodn acfter lap 2. Local man Conor Cummins finshed second with Guy Martin in third and still chasing his first TT win.

It's been a fantastic weeks racing and as I said earlier in the thread ITV 4's coverage has been first class and added to a great appand radio coverage it's been easy to follow the racing this year.

On a sad note though thoughts have to be with the families of Bob Price and Karl Harris who sadly lost their lives on the mountain course.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #15: Jun 07, 2014 02:01:52 pm

William Dunlop crashed out and has a possible broken leg but no serious injuries

You know it's a serious sport when a broken leg isn't a serious injury....to me a broken leg would be really serious :D

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #16: May 15, 2015 10:48:05 pm
      Not quite the TT and I didn't see the point in a new thread as it's all road racing but I'm off to the north coast tomorrow to the triangle for the North West 200.

Cannot wait and the wee wizard Alastair Seeley could be on to break the record for the most overall wins at the North West which is held by the late great Robert Dunlop with 15.

Thursday night seen the first race results with Seeley taking the win in the Supersport and his 13th overall while Ryan Farquhar won in the Supertwins.

Weather is looking alright for the morning and it should be a fantastic days racing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #17: Jun 02, 2015 09:36:13 pm
      The TT is back for another year with practice starting on the island.

Once again there is some great stuff on ITV 4 for anyone interested.

An up and coming rider from County Fermanagh is one to keep an eye on this year, Lee Johnston, after his first North West win on the big bikes a few weeks back.
      « Last Edit: Jun 02, 2015 09:56:02 pm by srslfc »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #18: Jun 02, 2015 09:44:18 pm
      The TT is back for another year with practice starting on the island.

Once again there is some great stuff on ITV 4 for anyone interested.

An up and coming rider from County Fermanagh is one to keep an eye on the year Lee Johnston after his first North West win on the big bikes a few weeks back.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to try and see if I can get any coverage here in the states.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #19: Jun 02, 2015 09:58:27 pm
      Thanks for the reminder, I need to try and see if I can get any coverage here in the states.

http://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule/

Any help FL?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #20: Jun 02, 2015 10:02:10 pm
      I don't know if I get velocity channel anymore. I may, I will have to check, thanks Si.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21: Jun 03, 2015 03:05:55 pm
      ~i watched the lap a rider did as he described it around the mountain course.Holy F***ing hell are they nuts. Always thought the Motorbike lads had to be far more talented than the F1 lads. Just hope this years goes well for everyone.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #22: Jun 03, 2015 03:30:23 pm
      ~i watched the lap a rider did as he described it around the mountain course.Holy F***ing hell are they nuts. Always thought the Motorbike lads had to be far more talented than the F1 lads. Just hope this years goes well for everyone.

Was that the program last night Walt?

The 130 club. All the men who've averaged over 130mph around the course and the fastest men at the TT.

Quick Reply