Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Loic Remy (QPR)

Read 41595 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Loic Remy (QPR)
      Reply #115: Jul 19, 2014 07:59:34 am
      Watching him play at Southampton you'd be forgiven for thinking Rickie has a lot more about him than that but...

Let's pretend that's all he had about him and he was signed to offer another 'option': an inexpensive but effective option. Why would we then go seeking another player (at £20m +?) to er... give us the same option?

Like I say - lazy 'journalists' (imo) who don't understand how we want to play... thankfully tho'; the 'most knowledgeable fans in the world' do.   ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #116: Jul 19, 2014 08:16:55 am
      I'd much prefer Bony, as he's IMHO a far better player.

Really Mick?

For me Remy just has that bit more to his game than Bony and would fit very nicely in a Brendan side.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #117: Jul 19, 2014 08:59:50 am
      The Daily Mirror reports that LFC have told Loic Remy to lower his wage demands if he wants an £8m move from QPR.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-tell-loic-remy-lower-3881104

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #118: Jul 19, 2014 09:10:31 am
      Both mate. One (big striker) is my opinion based on what I believe is the much talked about 'profile'; the other, I believe, is down, in part, to lazy journalism...

"Right, Sanchez is gone, Liverpool will be looking for another forward; who can we link them with?"

I believe (again only an opinion) that if they [journalists] actually read into and spent a bit of time researching how we play; the players they could link us with would be fewer but that would mean they couldn't fill column inches or meet deadlines as readily. Instead they reach for the easy option.

It's hard to explain and it might be just a gut feeling but, for me, credibility seems to come, not from which paper reports it but the type of players they link us with... If you catch my drift?

Yeah i get what you're saying, i've done the same before.

No. He's terrific in the air but his free kicks, first touch and link up play is far from a typical target man up front. He's clever as they come with his movement.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #119: Jul 19, 2014 09:56:01 am
      The Daily Mirror reports that LFC have told Loic Remy to lower his wage demands if he wants an £8m move from QPR.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-tell-loic-remy-lower-3881104

This was reported at 6pm yesterday afternoon. Other reports have said we have agreed a five year deal with him since then
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #120: Jul 19, 2014 10:08:22 am
      This was reported at 6pm yesterday afternoon. Other reports have said we have agreed a five year deal with him since then

Hopefully it is sorted out.

Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #121: Jul 19, 2014 10:57:10 am
      According to this article, £8M as reported and it's a 5 year deal on £60k p/w.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/07/loic-remy-set-complete-8m-liverpool-move/
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #122: Jul 19, 2014 11:13:38 am
      Must admit this one isn't "quickening the heart" but fair play if BR thinks he'll do a job. Is a tidy finisher.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #123: Jul 19, 2014 11:14:23 am
      He is much much better option than Borini, Aspas and even Bony. He is very decent option to have! He should choose us rather than Arsenal because he has more chance to play here. Since, he lived in Newcastle, he can live normally at Liverpool. The only factor that can cause Remy to choose Arsenal is the french players but I hope that Sakho do his part ;)
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #124: Jul 19, 2014 11:17:15 am
      He is much much better option than Borini, Aspas and even Bony. He is very decent option to have! He should choose us rather than Arsenal because he has more chance to play here. Since, he lived in Newcastle, he can live normally at Liverpool. The only factor that can cause Remy to choose Arsenal is the french players but I hope that Sakho do his part ;)

Didn't Arsenal pull out over his wage demands, mate? Sure I read earlier in the thread that Arsenal weren't happy with him wanting £80k p/w and pulled the plug?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #125: Jul 19, 2014 11:29:05 am
      Didn't Arsenal pull out over his wage demands, mate? Sure I read earlier in the thread that Arsenal weren't happy with him wanting £80k p/w and pulled the plug?

Hope, that is true!
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #126: Jul 19, 2014 11:34:07 am

It probably helped us out, tbh. Maybe Arsenal blatantly refusing his £80k demands was the reality check he needed and he realised that if he really wanted to go to a Champions League club, he'd have to lower his wage demands.

We come in with an offer of £60k p/w and he accepts? Let's hope...
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #127: Jul 19, 2014 11:44:22 am

They weren't and apparently neither were we because I read this morning that we'd told him/his agent to drop the demands and be more realistic in his expectations or he could forget a move. Personally 'd have taken the Borini money and put it towards a better, more experienced player and given Ibe a chance as a squad player but that's just me.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #128: Jul 19, 2014 11:46:11 am

He's a talented player, of that I've no doubt. A £20m+ striker in today's market if he didn't have that clause entered and if we sign him up for only £60k (no doubt incentivised) then it's a fantastic bit of business.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #129: Jul 19, 2014 11:50:29 am
      He's a talented player, of that I've no doubt. A £20m+ striker in today's market if he didn't have that clause entered and if we sign him up for only £60k (no doubt incentivised) then it's a fantastic bit of business.

I don't normally comment too much on players transfer values Luke, as you know, but £8M for Remy is a no brainer for me.

As you say he is easily a £20M player.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #130: Jul 19, 2014 11:59:20 am
      I don't normally comment too much on players transfer values Luke, as you know, but £8M for Remy is a no brainer for me.

As you say he is easily a £20M player.

Me again.  ;D

Not winding you up but weren't you one of the one's who bemoaned people putting their own price on a player (recall Lallana), yet you've rated Remy easily as a 20M pound player.

How does that work?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #131: Jul 19, 2014 12:00:09 pm

That's the way I see it as far as wages go.
      Basic of 60k, plus a lot of incentives, which in this case, for this player I think is OK.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #132: Jul 19, 2014 12:02:32 pm

F***ing L if that's true about the 80k figure no wonder he's getting fu**ed off for fun.
      In that scenario it isn't really a financial issue but more about the player's unrealistic perception of his own worth, he must be under the impression that his views on his own skill levels is superior to that of any potential manager.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #133: Jul 19, 2014 12:12:33 pm
      They weren't and apparently neither were we because I read this morning that we'd told him/his agent to drop the demands and be more realistic in his expectations or he could forget a move. Personally 'd have taken the Borini money and put it towards a better, more experienced player and given Ibe a chance as a squad player but that's just me.

Seems about right. Just because he wants a move to a Champions League team does not give him automatic entitlement to double/triple his wages, as he appeared to think. He is a good player, but still, show us what you're worth and you shall be rewarded accordingly Mr Remy! :)

I agree, mate. As I've said above, if he produces the goods for us then maybe his wishes will be sounded out. I personally think he will do well here, he will thrive given the chances our team can create for him! Exciting and shrewd piece of business if the reporting figures are to be believed! :D

F***ing L if that's true about the 80k figure no wonder he's getting fu**ed off for fun.
      In that scenario it isn't really a financial issue but more about the player's unrealistic perception of his own worth, he must be under the impression that his views on his own skill levels is superior to that of any potential manager.

Again, mate, if he comes here and produces the goods then by all means sanction an improved contract. I think in today's market it's not really surprising, players/agents think they can demand anything they please from a club just because they are "wanted". I think it's refreshing that both ourselves and Arsenal have handed him (or his agent?) with a reality check. A little reminder that he is not the be all and end all when it comes to striking targets.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #134: Jul 19, 2014 12:17:39 pm
      Me again.  ;D

Not winding you up but weren't you one of the one's who bemoaned people putting their own price on a player (recall Lallana), yet you've rated Remy easily as a 20M pound player.

How does that work?

Obviously every player will have a value in the market that they naturally lie within.

I haven't put a value on Remy just that I would guess he would be a £20M player in the current market as Luke indicated.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #135: Jul 19, 2014 12:43:02 pm
      Obviously every player will have a value in the market that they naturally lie within.

I haven't put a value on Remy just that I would guess he would be a £20M player in the current market as Luke indicated.

Obviously?

How do they "naturally lie within"? And how do these 'natural' prices reflect 'market' price.  ???
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #136: Jul 19, 2014 12:56:58 pm
      Obviously?

How do they "naturally lie within"? And how do these 'natural' prices reflect 'market' price.  ???

It's sad you make yourself sound stupid just to be awkward Beer.

I credit you as a pretty intelligent guy so I'm sure you can easily work out what I meant.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #137: Jul 19, 2014 01:09:10 pm
      It's sad you make yourself sound stupid just to be awkward Beer.

I credit you as a pretty intelligent guy so I'm sure you can easily work out what I meant.

Well, I am actually quite flummoxed with this position of yours and am very intrigued by it, as opposed to being awkward as you so perceive.

Again, what is this "natural" scope of a players price and where does it come from?

Quick Reply