Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Loic Remy (QPR)

Read 41846 times
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Re: Loic Remy (QPR)
      Reply #276: Jul 22, 2014 02:02:29 am
      Mate, agreed that a game changer would be nice, but making a 40 mil signing does not guarantee a game changer. Ozil is an example (though I do recognize not every big signing is Ozil). So its about balancing risk too. Sometimes banking on one of two 20 mil signings being the next big thing is a safer bet.

For those concerned, and think we need a big signing, we have time and we have money, so just chill. And the big signing may not come in the area of the park which was left empty by our last big name.

On topic; Remy is not a game changer, but if he scores at the same rate as he did last season (14 goals in 24 starts), then he is very good business. Plus he fits the model, bloody fast, versatile forward.

It is all about identifying value. If you value Ozil at 40M then that is the most you will spend on them. Different teams have different values on players. Rodgers has a different value on Moreno which caused the deal to stall. He would have to overspend on his value to get him. No team is going to throw away 40M on a player if they did not think he was world class and would improve their lineup, unless you literally are just spending money to make sure your opponents do not get that player.

My whole argument is you get a better talent and productivity out of a player who you spend 40M on than 20M. If you get more productivity out of a 20M player then that players price would increase to 40M. Its economics. It is not difficult. You can not always find those bargain buys that you get for less than 10M and turn themselves into a 40M player. That has incredible risk and sometimes you have to spend a bit more to get that extra quality.

Getting 2 20M players would mean one sits on the bench and you are paying higher wages for someone to sit on the bench. Like I said I think our depth is good right now with the players we have brought in and are close to signing. We need that quality now.

I am chill, I know we have a whole month to do business. I am not calling for a big name signing right now.

If you have 40M to spend and you have multiple holes in your lineup then yes 2 players for 20M is better as you get 2 players who will improve you right away. But I think LFC is at the points where we need 1 for 40M instead of 2 for 20M. Quality over quantity fellas.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #277: Jul 22, 2014 02:58:23 am
      My whole argument is you get a better talent and productivity out of a player who you spend 40M on than 20M....
      But I think LFC is at the points where we need 1 for 40M instead of 2 for 20M. Quality over quantity fellas.

First off, apologies for chopping your post into 2 small fragments.  I know that this can cause posts to read differently.....  But, I wanted to isolate this bit and ask you honestly:  Which (if any) of the players we have signed this summer do you feel are not "quality" signings?

Personally, I think Lambert is quality and I think he would have pushed for a starting berth even if we had kept Suarez.  I think Lallana is quality, and will slot straight into our 1st team.  I think Can and Markovic are both quality, and although they may take a little while to settle into the team, they will be important players for us before the season is over.  As for the other players we are being linked with, I think Lovren is top quality and will slot straight into the 1st team.  Same thing with Remy. 

You are obviously free to have your own opinion, but I am just curious which of our signings you are upset about. 
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #278: Jul 22, 2014 03:15:28 am
      First off, apologies for chopping your post into 2 small fragments.  I know that this can cause posts to read differently.....  But, I wanted to isolate this bit and ask you honestly:  Which (if any) of the players we have signed this summer do you feel are not "quality" signings?

Personally, I think Lambert is quality and I think he would have pushed for a starting berth even if we had kept Suarez.  I think Lallana is quality, and will slot straight into our 1st team.  I think Can and Markovic are both quality, and although they may take a little while to settle into the team, they will be important players for us before the season is over.  As for the other players we are being linked with, I think Lovren is top quality and will slot straight into the 1st team.  Same thing with Remy. 

You are obviously free to have your own opinion, but I am just curious which of our signings you are upset about. 

I am not upset at all. My point is that with the transfers we have completed and players close to signing (Lovren, Remy) I believe we have the depth. Not to mention we will probably bring in a LB. And so far not many players have left. I think the depth and quality of depth is good right now. I think the players we have signed and are close to signing are quality players.

I just think that after we complete Remy and Lovren along with a LB, we do not need 2 more attackers for 20M a piece. I think we are at that point where the depth is good and we need that world class player for 40M.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #279: Jul 22, 2014 03:19:11 am
      I am not upset at all. My point is that with the transfers we have completed and players close to signing (Lovren, Remy) I believe we have the depth. Not to mention we will probably bring in a LB. And so far not many players have left. I think the depth and quality of depth is good right now. I think the players we have signed and are close to signing are quality players.

I just think that after we complete Remy and Lovren along with a LB, we do not need 2 more attackers for 20M a piece. I think we are at that point where the depth is good and we need that world class player for 40M.
      I'm ok with that, just not sure that's what Brendan will do.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #280: Jul 22, 2014 10:42:43 am
      James Pearce
      Remy is unlikely to be considered for Wednesday night's opening tour game against Roma at Fenway Park but could feature against Olympiacos in Chicago on Sunday
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #281: Jul 22, 2014 10:49:50 am
      James Pearce
      Remy is unlikely to be considered for Wednesday night's opening tour game against Roma at Fenway Park but could feature against Olympiacos in Chicago on Sunday

Did hear somewhere there was a very minor fitness issue.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #282: Jul 22, 2014 11:49:02 am
      Some of them could be wishing it goes that way , just to say " i told you so we should have signed this fella and that fella .

Might not be too far wrong with that shout ye know
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #283: Jul 22, 2014 08:35:31 pm
      This not been done yet?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #284: Jul 22, 2014 10:52:17 pm

Yeah, did you not see the pictures of him training with us in Boston? You must have been sleeping mate.

;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #285: Jul 22, 2014 11:44:44 pm
      This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield 1h
      Loic Remy is currently undergoing his Liverpool medical and will complete his move on Thursday (Sky Sports).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #286: Jul 22, 2014 11:47:30 pm
      Loic Remy is currently undergoing his Liverpool medical and will complete his move on Thursday (Sky Sports).

Nice one.

Great news.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #287: Jul 23, 2014 12:09:23 am
      Must admit I haven't seen a great deal of Remy play despite him having a pretty decent season last year so I have been digging through a few of his matches from last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBHSBCsdeI0

He had a pretty decent game vs the chavs last season including getting the winner. Looks pretty comfortable dropping off and playing with his back to goal, making it stick and keeping it simple. Strikes me as a number 9 who can do also do a job as an inside left or right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPGZktygfGc

Struggled a bit to get in this game but still grabbed a scrappy goal and did most of best work again with back to goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tmODJ6n62I

Playing on the left in this one by the looks of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6tHQrI13Wo

First impressions from watching 5-6 of his games are:

- He's quick
      - Quite strong
      - Decent with his back to goal
      - Good link up play, unselfish
      - His movement is very good
      - Not afraid to have a pop with either foot
      - Doesn't appear to have a great deal in terms of tricks and skills to beat players

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #289: Jul 23, 2014 12:45:19 am

Not believing it till I see pics of him propped up on the doc's table, knees hitched up, Zaf prodding 2 fingers into his stomach to check muscles we don't even know are there and finally... the big thumbs up to the camera! :D
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #290: Jul 23, 2014 08:00:36 pm
      My scout report on Loic Remy...

http://anfieldforever.co.uk/?p=1325
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #291: Jul 23, 2014 08:50:30 pm
      Pearce says Remy is in Boston with his wife and an official announcement is expected on Friday
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #292: Jul 24, 2014 09:26:09 am
      Just looking at some of the transfers being done this summer and think what a fooking bargain were getting here

8.5 million for an international striker who hits a goal every 2 games. McCormack going for 11 million Livermore 8 million and Ulloa going from Brighton to Leicester for 8 million. Ye cant but be pleased with this bit of business
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #293: Jul 24, 2014 09:53:36 am
      an international striker who hits a goal every 2 games.
      This, for me, is the important part.   :nod:

The lad is quality and a perfect fit in my opinion [having followed him for F.F.]: given playing time, patience (if needed) and an injury free run, my gut feeling is that he'll be a top performer. To be honest; Remy is the player, out of all we've signed so far, that excites me most.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #294: Jul 24, 2014 09:59:42 am
      Not believing it till I see pics of him propped up on the doc's table, knees hitched up, Zaf prodding 2 fingers into his

I was wondering what was coming next mate... I thought you were going in to some sexual fantasy for a minute there. :)

Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #295: Jul 24, 2014 10:04:30 am
      I was wondering what was coming next mate... I thought you were going in to some sexual fantasy for a minute there. :)

Funnily enough, I anticipated such a comment, haha! :D I really should refine my way with words :P
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #296: Jul 24, 2014 12:11:09 pm
      http://talksport.com/football/remy-update-qpr-strikers-move-liverpool-delayed-claims-pearce-140724103531

Liverpool Echo journalist James Pearce claims Liverpool's deal for QPR's Loic Remy has been delayed. The QPR man had been expected to complete a £8.5million switch to Anfield on Thursday but, speaking to Extra Time, the Reds writer believes we may have to wait longer for the Premier League club to announce the Frenchman's arrival.

"I'm led to believe there might be a slight delay on Loic Remy's move to Liverpool. It won't take place on Thursday. There are no issues with the deal though, it will get done."
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #297: Jul 24, 2014 12:34:18 pm
      This, for me, is the important part.   :nod:

The lad is quality and a perfect fit in my opinion [having followed him for F.F.]: given playing time, patience (if needed) and an injury free run, my gut feeling is that he'll be a top performer. To be honest; Remy is the player, out of all we've signed so far, that excites me most.

Likewise Mouse.

Great signing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #298: Jul 24, 2014 05:46:39 pm
      This must be like the longest medical going.

Quick Reply