Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Rickie Lambert (Liverpool -> West Brom)

Read 48264 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Rickie Lambert Player Thread
      Reply #230: Sep 27, 2014 05:37:53 pm
      Are we playing him on compassionate reason or something? What is the point in giving him a pointless few minutes at the end of the game when we have someone like Suso on the bench.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #231: Sep 27, 2014 09:50:26 pm
      I agree it was definitely a mistake bringing him on today.

It removed Mario hassling the defenders and removed the option of an outball for us whilst giving Lambert insufficient time to play himself in.

I still think he will turn things around - perhaps the periodisation in the physical training hasn't been rigorous enough for him yet. I think the plan is to gradually increase the intensity during the first third of the season - it might be that hîs rustiness works itself out of his system when that happens.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #232: Sep 27, 2014 10:00:55 pm
      Because I have seen him player better at Soton than he has played at Liverpool so far...against similar competition. Wow that was hard.

He scored 12 goals and created a similar amount he has not yet been given anything like an opportunity.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #233: Sep 29, 2014 12:26:32 am
      Are we playing him on compassionate reason or something? What is the point in giving him a pointless few minutes at the end of the game when we have someone like Suso on the bench.

Or a more mobile striker in Borini, someone should have been up in Everton's half hassling and pressing them.

Lambert has looked like he has gone backwards since he joined us looks a bit over weight too to me, which is frustrating and hard to comprehend how you can not be in your prime shape after finally been given an opportunity at your "boyhood" club.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #234: Sep 29, 2014 10:20:56 am
      Where have all the wise sages gone who were saying we could get rid of Borini now that Lambert was here?

Well, clearly we couldn't get rid of Borini if we tried.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #235: Sep 29, 2014 02:36:15 pm
      The problem with Lambert is he needs regular playing time to keep up his fitness and sharpness which he is never going to get here so I don't really see how he can ever make an impact for us. We'd be better off playing Borini ahead of Lambert as despite his also limited playing time he will offer greater mobility and sharpness when he comes on.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #236: Sep 29, 2014 07:00:31 pm
      In my humble opinion I think he will be much improved playing next to Sturridge, holding the ball up and setting him up, personally think they are a good match. Don't write this guy off too soon.

Agree.
      He is just trying to hard and isn't sharp enough yet.
      He needs games and a bit of luck and i am sure he will be a useful asset for us over the coming season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #237: Sep 30, 2014 07:13:10 am
      I feel he's in the same boat as Mario. Once he scores, the flood gates will open for both of them. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Just get the monkey off the back lads and on we go.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #238: Oct 01, 2014 02:42:45 pm
      I feel he's in the same boat as Mario. Once he scores, the flood gates will open for both of them. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Just get the monkey off the back lads and on we go.

Mario maybe. Ricky can't see it as he won't get the game time he needs to score goals. And if reports are true we are in for Higuain in January Rickie won't get a sniff of first team football after Christmas.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #239: Oct 01, 2014 04:35:11 pm
      I like Lambert he seems like a nice guy but he has turned into a bloody awful striker, he is slow as hell, zero vision, isn't strong enough on the ball and in conclusion contributes sod all to the team, he is by far the biggest blunder of the transfer period in my opinion.
      Hopefully he can become useful but I certainly don't want him to be given an extended run in the team to try and prove himself, after our shakey start we quite simply don't have the luxury to do that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #240: Oct 01, 2014 05:34:09 pm
      Mario maybe. Ricky can't see it as he won't get the game time he needs to score goals. And if reports are true we are in for Higuain in January Rickie won't get a sniff of first team football after Christmas.

Is that similar to the rumour to we were in for Reus this year.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #241: Oct 01, 2014 11:06:05 pm
      I really think Rickie has got a raw deal here at Liverpool. He's played in 7 games so far and massed 149 min (73 min were from the league cup) . How can anyone expect him to score goals if he gets no time to score them? Mario isn't scoring and he's played 534 minutes in 7 games and scored 1 goal. Let's just give Rickie a chance. How could he be worse at this point? JMO
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #242: Oct 02, 2014 12:20:03 am
      I really think Rickie has got a raw deal here at Liverpool. He's played in 7 games so far and massed 149 min (73 min were from the league cup) . How can anyone expect him to score goals if he gets no time to score them? Mario isn't scoring and he's played 534 minutes in 7 games and scored 1 goal. Let's just give Rickie a chance. How could he be worse at this point? JMO

Agree.  Think the whole thing is a f**king joke.  5 minutes here, 2 minutes here.  No wonder he was off the pace in that League Cup game - not helped by the fact that the team can't f**king pass.

Him and Balotelli are both target men.  Fair enough Mario might be better at taking free kicks and rolling around, but Lambert is more likely to go back and chase a ball. 

Personally I think it is ridiculous we have been playing a single 'target-man' up front at all, but you have to think Rickie is getting shafted here.  When he came on against Southampton alongside Daniel Sturridge it was the best we played this season (apart from the Spurs game) .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #243: Oct 02, 2014 08:27:12 am
      Agree.  Think the whole thing is a f**king joke.  5 minutes here, 2 minutes here.  No wonder he was off the pace in that League Cup game - not helped by the fact that the team can't f**king pass.

Him and Balotelli are both target men.  Fair enough Mario might be better at taking free kicks and rolling around, but Lambert is more likely to go back and chase a ball. 

Personally I think it is ridiculous we have been playing a single 'target-man' up front at all, but you have to think Rickie is getting shafted here.  When he came on against Southampton alongside Daniel Sturridge it was the best we played this season (apart from the Spurs game) .

Couldn't agree more mate. 10 minutes on the pitch doesn't give the lad much time to get out of first gear.

He must be gutted with the amout of playing time BR has given him since his dream move.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #244: Oct 02, 2014 10:18:40 am
      Sounds daft but I thought he had an excellent 1o minutes or whatever it was last night, his best so far for us. He won a couple of balls on the edge of their box and crucially he looked to lay them off, showing some much needed awareness. Personally I'd go with one striker on Saturday just so we can pack some energy in there and I'd go with Borini, but Ricky is currently number two behind the ex Sunderland man for me until Sturridge comes back. Get him after an hour (hopefully with a standing ovation for Borini who has scored two and we're 3-0 up).
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #245: Oct 22, 2014 12:34:38 pm
      Hope this lad gets a start tonight. But I can't see it happening.

Whoever plays up top tonight has to give every ounce of sweat to the cause ... fight for every ball, hold it up and give us a target in the box.

Biggest game of his life ... and he deserves his chance at the big time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #246: Oct 22, 2014 01:02:22 pm
      Hope this lad gets a start tonight. But I can't see it happening.

Whoever plays up top tonight has to give every ounce of sweat to the cause ... fight for every ball, hold it up and give us a target in the box.

Biggest game of his life ... and he deserves his chance at the big time.

Have you seen him when he's played probably slower than my gran. I'm afraid if it's between Balo and Lambert who starts then it's Balo for me.
      Sad state of affairs when our option is these two as Borini seems to have been discarded.

Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #247: Oct 22, 2014 01:19:08 pm
      Have you seen him when he's played probably slower than my gran. I'm afraid if it's between Balo and Lambert who starts then it's Balo for me.
      Sad state of affairs when our option is these two as Borini seems to have been discarded.

Of course ive seen him mate. I never said he was great, but he will give us everything he has got ... and that goes along way. You think balo deserves to start .... fair enough ... i respect your opinion even though i do not agree.

We may as well start with 10 men tonight then because he brings nothing to the team.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #248: Oct 22, 2014 01:33:00 pm
      Of course ive seen him mate. I never said he was great, but he will give us everything he has got ... and that goes along way. You think balo deserves to start .... fair enough ... i respect your opinion even though i do not agree.

We may as well start with 10 men tonight then because he brings nothing to the team.

I'd rather we start Sterling up front than Lambert.
      Need pace and movement on the counter.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #249: Oct 22, 2014 03:02:50 pm
      Rickie has movement. He is more mobile and livelier than Mario. At least he puts in a shift. Mario doesn't even try.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,229 posts | 2807 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #250: Oct 22, 2014 09:40:27 pm
      Don't know why we signed this fella. His career was going well. A game when we could have done with someone who could hold the ball up or stick a cross into but no sign of him
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #251: Oct 22, 2014 10:21:00 pm
      Lambert wouldn't have swapped shirts at half.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #252: Oct 22, 2014 11:37:06 pm
      Lambert wouldn't have swapped shirts at half.

He probably goes to bed in his. ;D

Quick Reply