Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rickie Lambert (Liverpool -> West Brom)

Read 47930 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Rickie Lambert Player Thread
      Reply #253: Oct 22, 2014 11:41:47 pm
      He probably goes to bed in his. ;D

:D wonderful mate!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #254: Oct 23, 2014 12:57:20 am
      He probably goes to bed in his. ;D
      So would I!

:D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #255: Oct 23, 2014 06:36:06 am
      What does this lad have to do to get a start? He must be thinking Mario is shagging the Boss' daughter.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #256: Oct 23, 2014 07:12:11 am
      Hope this lad gets a start tonight. But I can't see it happening.

Whoever plays up top tonight has to give every ounce of sweat to the cause ... fight for every ball, hold it up and give us a target in the box.

Biggest game of his life ... and he deserves his chance at the big time.

A game at Bernabeu will be his time mate.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #257: Oct 25, 2014 05:09:33 pm
      Thought he was fantastic today - his touch, his passing, his forward runs..... he really opened the game up today.

This guy desperately needs to get more games, it's a travesty because he's contributed more than Balotelli.

Not telling them to drop Balotelli, but at least start Lambert alongside Balotelli.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #258: Oct 25, 2014 06:57:48 pm
      great coming on tonight, too bad brendan doesnt give him any chance, throwing him as a last resort instead of giving him a first team start, even though he brings much more to our game than balotelli does, currently
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #259: Oct 25, 2014 07:47:38 pm
      Liked what I saw from him, actually thought he and Balotelli worked well together. Would have been interesting to see them play together from the start.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #260: Oct 25, 2014 09:07:07 pm
      Liked what I saw from him, actually thought he and Balotelli worked well together. Would have been interesting to see them play together from the start.

If we use target players, I'd rather see us play 1 than 2, It would be more balanced and they would compliment each other better than have 2 target players. I would rather see Lambert partner Sturridge, Borini or Lallana. Players willing to run and have a desire to get on the end of things.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #261: Oct 25, 2014 09:21:28 pm
      lambert reminds me of crouch, he is a good player to have in the squad, can use him as a target man, and i dont think he complains too much if he is benched, deserves more chances from brendan, i think he will score his first goal before balo
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #262: Oct 25, 2014 09:32:13 pm
      lambert reminds me of crouch, he is a good player to have in the squad, can use him as a target man, and i dont think he complains too much if he is benched, deserves more chances from brendan, i think he will score his first goal before balo

he won't score sitting on his arse on the bench though will he and that's down to Brendan.there has to be a huge question why he was bought
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #263: Oct 25, 2014 09:40:21 pm
      Now hopefully Brendan starts playing 2 up top and makes sure Rickie is one of those 2. I've had enough of this 1 up top sh*t. Time to change the game plan Brendan.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #264: Oct 25, 2014 09:46:21 pm
      I'd give Ricky and Borini a go up front against Swansea. Ricky will bust a gut for the team,  time to give him a proper chance.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #265: Oct 25, 2014 09:46:43 pm
      I thought Lambert changed the game when he came on , Rodgers needs to start him more and i believe had he done today the result would have been different .
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #266: Oct 26, 2014 03:50:50 pm
      Personally was impressed with his 30 minutes-ish contribution last night.

Really liked how he held up play to bring his teammates into the game and one personal favourite was when he received the ball around the box and held in for 1-2 seconds before perfectly passing it to Raheem I think it was to have a go at goal.

Not-so-technical players would have just pass it at the wrong time.

Felt he contributed more in that 30 minutes than Balotelli did the whole game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #267: Oct 26, 2014 05:22:59 pm
      his goal scoring record is as good as Balotelli's but he also creates goals which Balotelli doesn't so why is he left out all the time.
      Why did we buy him it was crazy another strange decision
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #268: Oct 26, 2014 05:44:48 pm
      All I can say about him is he makes Andy Caroll look like shergar ,  if brendan wasnt prepared to give andy a chance due to the way he wants us to play why on earth did he buy Ricki because he is slower and older .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #269: Oct 26, 2014 06:17:42 pm
      All I can say about him is he makes Andy Caroll look like shergar ,  if brendan wasnt prepared to give andy a chance due to the way he wants us to play why on earth did he buy Ricki because he is slower and older .

stranger and stranger.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #270: Oct 27, 2014 07:09:14 am
      Rickie Lambert was a romantic signing - Brendan saw what a lovely story it would make, childhood LFC fan makes his return... dude comes off the bench and scores the fourth goal in a 4-1 drubbing...

Little did he expect that we would be experiencing this "meltdown" now, and suddenly when there's no striker to rely on - with Sturridge injured, Balotelli firing blanks, Borini being Borini and you look to the bench... oh hey Rickie, you're up

Rickie was always going to sh*t his pants, the shoes he has to fill in at this club is too big for him. He was bought to play a bit part in an epic movie, not to play the main character.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #271: Oct 27, 2014 10:30:16 am
      Personally was impressed with his 30 minutes-ish contribution last night.

Really liked how he held up play to bring his teammates into the game and one personal favourite was when he received the ball around the box and held in for 1-2 seconds before perfectly passing it to Raheem I think it was to have a go at goal.

Not-so-technical players would have just pass it at the wrong time.

Felt he contributed more in that 30 minutes than Balotelli did the whole game.

Spot on......I was there Saturday so I got to watch the players very closely rather than on the TV.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #272: Oct 27, 2014 11:30:05 am
      Spot on......I was there Saturday so I got to watch the players very closely rather than on the TV.
      I also got to watch him close up thats how I came to the conclusion he is a slower version of Caroll , the romantic in me wants Rickie to do well being at his boyhood club and dream but football is not like that , now I have no issue with him he is being asked to fill massive boots and he, s not that good , my priblem is we got shot of Caroll who was a younger version of what we are expecting from the lad now there is only one man to blame for that , it just makes no sense to me .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #273: Oct 27, 2014 11:31:59 am
      Sorry for the spelling in that post but on me phone and I aint got to grips with it yet .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #274: Oct 27, 2014 11:37:19 am
      Sorry for the spelling in that post but on me phone and I aint got to grips with it yet .

No worries Andy, think the majority agree with your sentiment, he is past his best.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #275: Oct 27, 2014 12:31:01 pm
      No worries Andy, think the majority agree with your sentiment, he is past his best.

which makes his signing all the more weird especially when he doesn't get a game or a run in the team.i think they asked Southampton if they could sign the "big fella" for £4mil thinking they were being cheeky with a bid for Schniderlin (?) so they sent us Ricky.

Quick Reply