Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rickie Lambert (Liverpool -> West Brom)

Read 47924 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool -> West Brom)
      Reply #391: Aug 04, 2015 01:32:11 am
      http://www.eurosport.com/football/euro-2016/2016/west-brom-move-can-boost-chances-of-england-return-lambert_sto4843588/story.shtml

the Birmingham Mail quoted him as saying

I think in the end it was just a misunderstanding, those blokes at teamtalk misquoted the source, he clearly didn't talk to that paper mentioned by them. He talked to Birmingham Mail and they quoted that rag. I should have waited for the news to appear on eurosport rather, thought that teamtalk was a serious football site, i was wrong. Sorry again.

Birmingham mail how dare you quote anything from that rag ;-)

I still think Lambert was a sh*te striker and will more than likely still be sh*te for West Bromwich. Why we bought him is a complete mystery to be but it was obviously Pascoe and Marsh's fault and not Brendan's.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #392: Aug 04, 2015 03:10:17 am
      Have to feel for Lambert and fully understand his frustrations, and wanting to move to a club where he can play football. That's what proper players want to do (unlike Borini), play football!

I actually thought he'd be a shrewd signing for us and give us something different up front. It never worked out though. We go our separate ways, and good luck to him I say!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #393: Aug 04, 2015 12:56:08 pm

I actually thought he'd be a shrewd signing for us and give us something different up front. It never worked out though. We go our separate ways, and good luck to him I say!

Good luck indeed mate, wouldn't say a word against the lad.
      The implication of his signing in the light of Studge's injury and the misfiring replacements for him, could only lead to a massive case of over-expectation of a 33 year old past his better days player.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #394: Aug 04, 2015 01:24:29 pm
      Birmingham mail how dare you quote anything from that rag ;-)

I still think Lambert was a sh*te striker and will more than likely still be sh*te for West Bromwich. Why we bought him is a complete mystery to be but it was obviously Pascoe and Marsh's fault and not Brendan's.

117 goals in 235 games for Saints including 29 over two PL seasons.

Yea pure sh*te :roll:

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #395: Aug 04, 2015 10:40:08 pm

How many did he score for us? That is the only stat I care about, plus if he was that good surely someone a bit more impressive than West Brom would be in for him or does that kind of thinking F**k with your rose tinted paradise?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #396: Aug 05, 2015 02:15:28 am
      How many did he score for us? That is the only stat I care about........

So you weren't a fan of Carragher then I guess?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #397: Aug 05, 2015 05:40:00 am
      So you weren't a fan of Carragher then I guess?
      That stat cannot imply to CB.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #398: Aug 05, 2015 09:25:06 am
      How many did he score for us? That is the only stat I care about, plus if he was that good surely someone a bit more impressive than West Brom would be in for him or does that kind of thinking f**k with your rose tinted paradise?

How many did ANY of our strikers score last season?

Just because Lambert was used by Rodgers as a bit part player in a dog sh*t team last season doesn't mean he is a sh*t striker.

He is 33 so that would explain why teams like West Brom were in for him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #399: Aug 05, 2015 09:44:10 am
      Good Luck Rickie, just glad for you that at least you got to run out onto Anfield wearing the famous Red.

Now go on and bang in goals against every one of our rivals.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #400: Aug 05, 2015 09:47:08 am

it was just right place wrong time for Lambert. I don't understand the vitriol towards him he did his best it didn't work out we usually just wish people well when they leave.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #401: Aug 06, 2015 03:45:42 pm
      How many did he score for us? That is the only stat I care about

He had a better goalscoring record last season for us than £49M Raheem Sterling had.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #402: Aug 06, 2015 04:14:46 pm
      He had a better goalscoring record last season for us than £49M Raheem Sterling had.

Well you'd have thought so but that's not exactly true is it. Lambert notched 3 goals and Sterling managed 11. There are some key differences, one is an experienced striker and the other is a young winger that has played all over the place. Most of Lambert's appearances were from the bench but that's because he did next to nothing on it when he got a chance. I wish him well but I'm definitely not one of those that's going to make him out to be a good signing for us.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #403: Aug 06, 2015 06:08:06 pm
      Well you'd have thought so but that's not exactly true is it.

It is true.  Sterling got a goal every 411 minutes and Lambert got a goal every 406 minutes. ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #404: Aug 06, 2015 08:02:28 pm
      Well you'd have thought so but that's not exactly true is it. Lambert notched 3 goals and Sterling managed 11. There are some key differences, one is an experienced striker and the other is a young winger that has played all over the place. Most of Lambert's appearances were from the bench but that's because he did next to nothing on it when he got a chance. I wish him well but I'm definitely not one of those that's going to make him out to be a good signing for us.

I don't know about that mate. Was a few games in midst of a horror run when he was the only one who even looked capable of putting the ball in the net.

He didn't get a fair crack of the whip in my opinion and must have wondered why he was signed.

Great kid.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #405: Aug 10, 2015 06:06:56 pm
      If I was a betting person I'd put money on Rickie clattering Raheem tonight.  Must have pissed him off no end last season with his antics.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #406: Aug 10, 2015 06:18:12 pm
      Sh*t! Should have bought Rickie for my FF side!! Too right Debs! Show that brainless little sh*t up.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #407: Aug 10, 2015 07:45:56 pm
      Sh*t! Should have bought Rickie for my FF side!! Too right Debs! Show that brainless little sh*t up.

Once Rondon gets match fit I can't imagine Lambert being value for money on fantasy.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #408: Aug 10, 2015 07:52:35 pm
      Once Rondon gets match fit I can't imagine Lambert being value for money on fantasy.

I think they'll sell Berahino though. Spurs seems to be the obvious destination for him.

Quick Reply