Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281810 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1219: May 12, 2016 07:46:13 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36276530

Football Focus this Saturday .
      Interview with with Emre who respects Carra's number that he wears and the fact he wants to be an Anfield Legend.

Will be our Captain as soon as Klopp thinks hes ready .

He and Bobby are my two favourite players currently.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1220: May 14, 2016 12:39:09 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36276530

Football Focus this Saturday .
      Interview with with Emre who respects Carra's number that he wears and the fact he wants to be an Anfield Legend.

Will be our Captain as soon as Klopp thinks hes ready .

He and Bobby are my two favourite players currently.
      I too think he will be our next captain
      In the future,I think he could turn out
      To be something special our emre.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1221: May 14, 2016 04:03:59 pm
      If he can add a few more goals, then the sky is the limit for this boy.

Love how positive his play is, even if he isn't having a great game, he's always looking to play a forward pass unlike our captain.

Looking forward to seeing in full flow next season
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1222: May 15, 2016 10:04:37 am
      His amazing assist against Southampton came into my mind when watching the award ceremony the other night. Thing of beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubntf5mht70
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #1223: May 15, 2016 11:30:24 pm
      i love Can, i think if he cant be taught how to defend he could be a great CB.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1224: May 15, 2016 11:36:44 pm
      i love Can, i think if he cant be taught how to defend he could be a great CB.

But...but...but we don't need to train him there.

He's perfect where he's playing already and can be a great where he's playing as of late...surely to God that goes without saying?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1225: May 17, 2016 01:38:15 pm
      Well done Emre but no idea how the pig farmer has got in!

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/732546972612210688
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1226: May 18, 2016 10:12:53 pm
      Time for us to buy a new DM or a DLPM. Can simply is not a DM. Only one exceptional game as a DM, and that was vs Villarreal where he had abundance of space and time. We need someone in that deeper role to control and dictate.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1227: May 19, 2016 02:42:46 am
      Time for us to buy a new DM or a DLPM. Can simply is not a DM. Only one exceptional game as a DM, and that was vs Villarreal where he had abundance of space and time. We need someone in that deeper role to control and dictate.

Oh, not this nonsense again. Shall we a buy an entire new team while we're at it? He's had a number of outstanding games for us this season. Villarreal was the highlight considering the occasion, but let's not pretend like he's not been excellent in a number of other games.

Anyway, can't be arsed with the jerking of knees.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1228: May 19, 2016 04:51:28 am
      Another one who got an early yellow and was non existent after that, although I thought it was a stupid yellow to get in the 1st place.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1229: May 19, 2016 07:45:21 am
      Oh, not this nonsense again. Shall we a buy an entire new team while we're at it? He's had a number of outstanding games for us this season. Villarreal was the highlight considering the occasion, but let's not pretend like he's not been excellent in a number of other games.

Anyway, can't be arsed with the jerking of knees.

I don't recall a number of outstanding games as a DM, perhaps 2-3 at most, though I do recall Lucas having more outstanding games there and offering a calming presence.

Can still has a lot to learn, whilst he had a decent season playing in midfield, his flaws as a DM are noticeable. Struggles with possession play, poor agility and acceleration and lacks the positional sense, all of which are vital for a DM imo. Not ready to be playing DM for us next season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1230: May 19, 2016 08:06:46 am
      I don't recall a number of outstanding games as a DM, perhaps 2-3 at most, though I do recall Lucas having more outstanding games there and offering a calming presence.

Can still has a lot to learn, whilst he had a decent season playing in midfield, his flaws as a DM are noticeable. Struggles with possession play, poor agility and acceleration and lacks the positional sense, all of which are vital for a DM imo. Not ready to be playing DM for us next season.

I think Can needs a decent CM next to him not a makeshift like Milner or a lightweight like Allen.

It was like we were playing with One midfielder last night, Can should not take the blame for the capitulation of the likes of Lallana, Firmino, Milner and Coutinho.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1231: May 19, 2016 08:08:35 am

I love Lucas, but honestly, I don't even think his mum would say that he's had more outstanding games than Can this season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1232: May 19, 2016 08:23:54 am
      I think Can needs a decent CM next to him not a makeshift like Milner or a lightweight like Allen.

It was like we were playing with One midfielder last night, Can should not take the blame for the capitulation of the likes of Lallana, Firmino, Milner and Coutinho.

Thing is, Can is not a pure DM, nor is he a DLPM, same with Hendo, Milner and Allen. Only one we have is Lucas, and whenever he plays in that DM, he has been the most consistent because he understands that role.

I think it's time for us to look into a Kante or an Alonso type instead of using half half players. We need a more assured player that has an understanding of the DM/DLPM role and to offer us that high level of consistency in the middle. I don't think Can is good enough to play in one of the most important roles in football for us.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1233: May 19, 2016 08:41:58 am
      Thing is, Can is not a pure DM, nor is he a DLPM, same with Hendo, Milner and Allen. Only one we have is Lucas, and whenever he plays in that DM, he has been the most consistent because he understands that role.

I think it's time for us to look into a Kante or an Alonso type instead of using half half players. We need a more assured player that has an understanding of the DM/DLPM role and to offer us that high level of consistency in the middle. I don't think Can is good enough to play in one of the most important roles in football for us.

Lucas unfortunately can not plug those holes that were appearing last night as his mobility now is the level of my Dad.

Can is still only 22 and Klopp thinks of him as our future DM.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1234: May 19, 2016 08:47:57 am
      Lucas unfortunately can not plug those holes that were appearing last night as his mobility now is the level of my Dad.

Can is still only 22 and Klopp thinks of him as our future DM.

His lack of mobility has been mentioned so many times, but he has proven time after time that he is capable of playing in that DM better than any of our current midfielders.

And I agree, Lucas alone would not have been able to plug that hole, but knowing this, I'm sure the likes of Can or Milner along side Lucas would have sat in with him and offered that extra stability.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1235: May 19, 2016 08:53:34 am
      His lack of mobility has been mentioned so many times, but he has proven time after time that he is capable of playing in that DM better than any of our current midfielders.

And I agree, Lucas alone would not have been able to plug that hole, but knowing this, I'm sure the likes of Can or Milner along side Lucas would have sat in with him and offered that extra stability.

Stats dont back up that Lucas offers us anymore protection if anything they are not in his favour. I think it was JD who posted that we are more likely to lose if he plays.

In hindsight after we went 1-1 and we seemed to lose all discipline another midfielder alongside Jimmy and Emre might have stopped the rot or maybe their heads had completely gone.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1236: May 19, 2016 09:07:07 am
      Stats dont back up that Lucas offers us anymore protection if anything they are not in his favour. I think it was JD who posted that we are more likely to lose if he plays.

In hindsight after we went 1-1 and we seemed to lose all discipline another midfielder alongside Jimmy and Emre might have stopped the rot or maybe their heads had completely gone.

Those stats mean nothing. Who was Lucas partnered with in the middle? what was the team selection for both teams? how were the goals conceded? etc etc. Either way, each game is different, and even more likely to lose with Lucas playing doesn't mean he is poor or wouldn't have helped imo.

Anyway, I agree that we may still have lost with Lucas on the pitch, but one thing I'm sure of, he is our best DM and with his experience of playing in the DM role, I doubt it'd have been as bad as what we saw yesterday.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1237: May 19, 2016 03:28:26 pm
      Can has played some good games this season and we've seen glimpses of real talent but next season (given he will be 23) i'd like to see much greater consistency in his game. You only have to look at the last 4-5 games he has played in. He was sublime in the semi-final win Vs Villareal, he was decent in the 2nd half vs Dortmund but in every other game (ie. Swansea, last night) he has been poor to invisible. I like him and I know a lot of you rate him very very highly but i'm not convinced he will get to the level we really need. He does everything quite well, he can tackle, his passing is decent, he can strike a ball, he can dribble BUT I wouldn't say he was outstanding in any one area.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1238: May 19, 2016 03:35:41 pm
      He's gonna be a top player and his tackling is solid and he's good in the air. He really needs to work on his first time passes though. So many times last night he hesitated on the ball, and made a poor pass
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1239: May 19, 2016 10:15:37 pm
      He's gonna be a top player and his tackling is solid and he's good in the air. He really needs to work on his first time passes though. So many times last night he hesitated on the ball, and made a poor pass

Yep there was one where he had Couts clear in the box and he just had to play a simple pass forward and Cou would have ruin on to it and he F***ing went backwards. Couldn't believe it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1240: May 20, 2016 08:11:29 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1241: Jun 04, 2016 08:08:11 pm
      Watching Germany game earlier, and it looks like our Emre has lost some weight :O.

Quick Reply