Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 283632 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1288: Oct 17, 2016 10:51:24 pm
      I personally don't think Hendo and Can works. Our passing becomes too negative and sloppy in the middle as both are not natural ball playing midfielders.

Agree both dont have the ability to take the ball on the turn and move forward, too many passes side ways and backwards. And the fact both are a bit one paced does not help.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #1289: Oct 17, 2016 10:51:27 pm
      I'm often quite critical of Can but to be fair to him he put a proper shift in that 2nd half and was much improved both on and off the ball. I do like the fact he is going to have to work to earn his starting place because our midfield three has been excellent this season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1290: Oct 18, 2016 12:56:02 am
      Think he should have Hendo's spot and push Hendo forward with Lallana.

Plays so much better from deep and positions himself much better. Can play a forward pass, too.

Rusty today but expected. Did well to play out the 90.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1291: Oct 18, 2016 11:54:34 am
      I think he was our weak link in the middle of the park. He's been on the sideline for a long time, so I'm going to be patient with him, but Gini's slickness and finesse was surely missed today.

I'd agree with this to be honest. I'll be patient because he's just coming back from injury and he was Jekyll and Hyde with his performances at the best of times anyway, but I thought he was dire for most of last night, particularly the first half.

Yes, he did have some tricky situations in which he needed to be strong, particularly in the air against Pogba and Ibrahimovic, but he was so wasteful with his passing and often just lumped it forward.

I see its being said well done for playing out the 90 but I thought he was lucky to stay on the pitch and the only reason he did was due to a lack of other options at CM. Needs to improve his performances and importantly his consistency if he wants to keep Gini out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1292: Oct 22, 2016 07:57:45 pm
      Much better today just a shame he left his shooting boots at home.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1293: Oct 22, 2016 08:00:10 pm
      Much better today just a shame he left his shooting boots at home.

He can't afford to be doing those selfish Hollywood shots on goals at 2-0 when he can slip in a few better goal scorers ahead of him. Needs to be on the front foot more as well to anticipate loose balls.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1294: Oct 22, 2016 08:03:09 pm
      He can't afford to be doing those selfish Hollywood shots on goals at 2-0 when he can slip in a few better goal scorers ahead of him. Needs to be on the front foot more as well to anticipate loose balls.

Coutinho is just as guilty, can forgive Can as you could see he was desperate to score his first goal of the season.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1295: Oct 22, 2016 08:45:11 pm
      Coutinho is just as guilty, can forgive Can as you could see he was desperate to score his first goal of the season.

Coutinho's shooting range means that he should try that on occasion though.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1296: Oct 22, 2016 08:47:36 pm
      Great game by Can today. Good to have him back.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1297: Oct 23, 2016 12:14:04 am
      Great game by Can today. Good to have him back.

Played well, didn't he? Another thing I noticed, with Can and Hendo in the team, they do more inter changing than a Hendo and Wijnaldum , it's more Hendo as the #6.

As harsh as this may seem, I think Wijnaldum should come back in vs Palace, I just feel there is more of a balance in the midfield with him than Can.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1298: Oct 23, 2016 10:06:12 am
      Played well, didn't he? Another thing I noticed, with Can and Hendo in the team, they do more inter changing than a Hendo and Wijnaldum , it's more Hendo as the #6.

As harsh as this may seem, I think Wijnaldum should come back in vs Palace, I just feel there is more of a balance in the midfield with him than Can.

Why not Gigi for Hendo ?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1299: Oct 23, 2016 04:24:09 pm

Whether it's deeper or higher up, I think Hendo is the better player at the moment.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #1300: Nov 07, 2016 04:52:41 am
      Excellent 2 goals from 2 games Emre. I'm always love his tendency to run with the ball through the middle as it's add dimension to the our attacking and not our other center mids do often enough.

But, one thing Klopp surely seen and hopefully can improve Can's game is 'vision', as Can often take too long time on the ball when he better release the ball to teammate who's in better position.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1301: Nov 07, 2016 09:36:17 pm
      Becoming a goal machine
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1302: Nov 08, 2016 09:34:06 am
      I remember 2 or 3 games ago Can was firing high wide and not at all handsome all game, He then put on instagram that he was going to ''work on his shooting'' and since then has scored in both the games he's played in since!

I'd say that's some bloody work he must be putting in! Maybe he could work on his handling catching diving and distribution too and then we'd have a clean sheet every week!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1303: Nov 08, 2016 10:52:28 am
      I remember 2 or 3 games ago Can was firing high wide and not at all handsome all game, He then put on instagram that he was going to ''work on his shooting'' and since then has scored in both the games he's played in since!

I'd say that's some bloody work he must be putting in! Maybe he could work on his handling catching diving and distribution too and then we'd have a clean sheet every week!

Well technically his goal against Watford wasn't a shot :D.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1304: Nov 08, 2016 04:20:24 pm
      Looks like a new long term contract on the way in the next few months...good to see.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1305: Nov 18, 2016 10:42:50 am
      Had no idea that Southampton could be his 100th game for the club if he plays. Man, that went quick! Congrats big man.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1306: Nov 29, 2016 10:07:48 pm
      A lot more comfortable further back where he has time to take a few extra touches and when the opportunity presents go on one of his bullocking runs.

Seems to just slow down the play when he is further forward imo.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1307: Nov 29, 2016 10:46:24 pm
      Still not entirely sure he has found himself a position he can call his yet. For now the deeper the better in midfield for me. Yes he gets in good positions but his use of the ball in the final third is pedestrian. In many ways his presence in oppositions box is a hindrance rather than a help.

He has something theres no doubt about it, him and Hendo are really hard for opposition players to get past.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #1308: Dec 04, 2016 03:54:49 pm
      Woeful player. As I said, since he came into the squad, he's killed our momentum.

Slow at everything, piss poor awareness, never makes the right decision and kills attacks off with his sluggish play.

A mere goal or two shouldn't hide the fact he is a liability and, as far as I'm concerned, we'd be better off without him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1309: Dec 13, 2016 03:31:57 pm
      Anybody know if Emre is going to be back for this one? Hope he is. Would have him on instead of Gino.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1310: Dec 13, 2016 04:19:14 pm
      Anybody know if Emre is going to be back for this one? Hope he is. Would have him on instead of Gino.

He is a doubt after catching his knee on Divocks but came off second best.

Quick Reply