Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 283286 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #345: Dec 17, 2014 06:55:10 pm
      You can argue that Brendan never played Aspas or Luis Alberto because they were pretty sh*te but it's just freakin bizarre that Can isn't getting any game time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #346: Dec 17, 2014 07:03:14 pm
      I Think he will get some game time tonight in replacing Gerrard or Lucas around 70mins.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #347: Dec 17, 2014 07:11:06 pm
      He needs to be fitter.

Once he gets that, I'm sure we'll see him starting more games.

How much of a rest does he need? He's played F**k all!! He's a professional footballer playing at the highest level in the most active part of the pitch and played there week in, week out in Germany.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #348: Dec 17, 2014 07:41:19 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #349: Dec 17, 2014 10:27:07 pm

If Can can't then what c**t can do what Can can't?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #350: Dec 17, 2014 10:36:21 pm
      If Can can't then what c**t can do what Can can't?

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #351: Dec 17, 2014 11:14:38 pm
      How much of a rest does he need? He's played F**k all!! He's a professional footballer playing at the highest level in the most active part of the pitch and played there week in, week out in Germany.

You are aware that he had a foot injury playing for Germany U-21's aren't you?

You are aware that it set his fitness back around six weeks aren't you?

You are aware that he's still having problems with his foot aren't you?

He's maybe half a stone over his proper playing weight.
      Not much by any standard other than that of a professional athlete, and it showed tonight, because at this level it's all about fine margins.
      Slow to turn, slow to get into his stride with a lack of his usual acceleration, a bit slow controlling the ball which is always a dead giveaway and didn't get anywhere near his best speed when sprinting.
      You might see it as nitpicking, but these are all signs that a player is not quite up to speed.
      He's not far off though, and when he gets there we'll see that little burst of acceleration again that punches holes in the opposition midfield.
      At full fitness, he'll be one of our strongest runners.

Plenty of time for him.
      There's no need to rush him back because that can cause more injuries.

I still say he's going to be a beast for us.
      Just because I point out that he is not at his best, because of a couple of injuries, doesn't mean I don't rate him.
      Quite the opposite in fact. If his development continues, he'll be another worldie along with Markovic.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #352: Dec 17, 2014 11:40:13 pm
      You are aware that he had a foot injury playing for Germany U-21's aren't you?

You are aware that it set his fitness back around six weeks aren't you?

You are aware that he's still having problems with his foot aren't you?

He's maybe half a stone over his proper playing weight.
      Not much by any standard other than that of a professional athlete, and it showed tonight, because at this level it's all about fine margins.
      Slow to turn, slow to get into his stride with a lack of his usual acceleration, a bit slow controlling the ball which is always a dead giveaway and didn't get anywhere near his best speed when sprinting.
      You might see it as nitpicking, but these are all signs that a player is not quite up to speed.
      He's not far off though, and when he gets there we'll see that little burst of acceleration again that punches holes in the opposition midfield.
      At full fitness, he'll be one of our strongest runners.

Plenty of time for him.
      There's no need to rush him back because that can cause more injuries.

I still say he's going to be a beast for us.
      Just because I point out that he is not at his best, because of a couple of injuries, doesn't mean I don't rate him.
      Quite the opposite in fact. If his development continues, he'll be another worldie along with Markovic.

I agree he didn't look fully fit.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #353: Dec 17, 2014 11:41:55 pm
      Terribly unfit. lfcreds mob wrong again, arguing with Rodgers why! Emre has been sidelined. Another example why its better to shut the F**k up and trust the managers judgement. He sees Emre daily. Experts
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #354: Dec 17, 2014 11:54:44 pm
      Terribly unfit. lfcreds mob wrong again, arguing with Rodgers why! Emre has been sidelined. Another example why its better to shut the f**k up and trust the managers judgement. He sees Emre daily. Experts

I agree, we should shut the F**k up and trust the manager. Rodgers is always right because he's a professional football manager that see's the players train daily and their condition. End of the day, what gives us the right to judge? we don't know anything about football because we don't work in that sector professionally, we just speak sh*t and are clueless football fans.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #355: Dec 18, 2014 01:03:07 am
      It wasnt my point monkey mate. You can judge, speculate, analyze. Its just that constant snipping, bollocking, making our manager a fool ´cause he doesnt play fans favourites which make me mad. You would think Emre has become a Schweinsteiger 2.0 during times he has been out the first team. Rodgers wants the best for our club I believe, thats why he wont start an unfit lad in important game like tonight.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2014 01:14:24 am by Lio Varadkar »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #356: Dec 18, 2014 01:31:31 am
      It wasnt my point monkey mate. You can judge, speculate, analyze. Its just that constant snipping, bollocking, making our manager a fool ´cause he doesnt play our favourites which make me mad. You would think Emre has become a Schweinsteiger 2.0 during times he has been out the first team. Rodgers wants the best for our club I believe, thats why he wont start an unfit lad in important game like tonight.

I agree, there are some fans (even me at times) that hype a player up as a saviour when not in the first 11 or injured, so apologies for not initially understanding your post.

With Rodgers, I agree, he wants the best for our club, but we all do as well. Personally, I don't mind the speculation, negative analysis and suggestions/ideas, it's what makes this community and this forum the best (my opinion) :D But I do agree, the constant snipping and hate towards our manager is uncalled for.

As for Can, he does look like a big lad, but maybe that's how he is? but then again, maybe he was unfit to start the last few games, something the management team only knows. Personally, I think he should work on his agility by doing pilates? and yoga, he just seems so stiff and can be easily turned.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #357: Dec 18, 2014 01:51:30 am
      Why was he 'unfit'?

Can must be getting back into the swing of things, though he hasn't been injured between the Chelsea match and the present time surely?

He played well against Chelsea - maybe he was injured after that, but I'm not sure.

Think we need him in defensive midfield pronto - having to put Gerrard there is contantly damaging our season.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #358: Dec 18, 2014 11:53:54 am
      I agree, there are some fans (even me at times) that hype a player up as a saviour when not in the first 11 or injured, so apologies for not initially understanding your post.

With Rodgers, I agree, he wants the best for our club, but we all do as well. Personally, I don't mind the speculation, negative analysis and suggestions/ideas, it's what makes this community and this forum the best (my opinion) :D But I do agree, the constant snipping and hate towards our manager is uncalled for.

As for Can, he does look like a big lad, but maybe that's how he is? but then again, maybe he was unfit to start the last few games, something the management team only knows. Personally, I think he should work on his agility by doing pilates? and yoga, he just seems so stiff and can be easily turned.
      Good post mate. As for your last paragraph, I´ll have to rewatch the game and Can´s contribution as some of my friends think Emre was "quality" and deserves to start the next game. I saw one driving run on the right with little efect, otherwise a clumsy, easily turned lad finding his feet after a long spell off the pitch. No doubt they´re doing a joga trainings with Emre. Hes technically good player with quick brain. The problem I see hes the type just a minor injury from putting on a good few stones.

Interesting that a holding/box to box midfielder Can, and a winger or forward through the middle (Markovič) now both play out of position. Maybe a part of education like Rodgers did with Sterling playing him all over the place, most notably as a wingback. Hope its going to help these young lads as talent is definitely there.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #359: Dec 18, 2014 12:51:03 pm
      Good post mate. As for your last paragraph, I´ll have to rewatch the game and Can´s contribution as some of my friends think Emre was "quality" and deserves to start the next game. I saw one driving run on the right with little efect, otherwise a clumsy, easily turned lad finding his feet after a long spell off the pitch. No doubt they´re doing a joga trainings with Emre. Hes technically good player with quick brain. The problem I see hes the type just a minor injury from putting on a good few stones.

Interesting that a holding/box to box midfielder Can, and a winger or forward through the middle (Markovič) now both play out of position. Maybe a part of education like Rodgers did with Sterling playing him all over the place, most notably as a wingback. Hope its going to help these young lads as talent is definitely there.

Exactly the same as I saw.
      He didn't do anything badly, was neat and tidy with his passing, and needs to start getting more game time in the coming weeks to really build that match fitness and sharpness, because like you say he looked a bit sluggish.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #360: Dec 18, 2014 01:19:37 pm
      Exactly the same as I saw.
      He didn't do anything badly, was neat and tidy with his passing, and needs to start getting more game time in the coming weeks to really build that match fitness and sharpness, because like you say he looked a bit sluggish.

Germany made a mess of him, playing him through an injury in a game they were winning comfortably.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #361: Dec 19, 2014 02:26:01 pm
      Germany made a mess of him, playing him through an injury in a game they were winning comfortably.

Yep.
      Why they felt the need is beyond me.
      If it was a full international match with something at stake I could understand, but it was u21 and an easy enough win.
      I was pissed off about it at the time and still am.

It set him back with us at a time when he looked capable of adding to the team.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #362: Dec 19, 2014 03:30:54 pm
      Anyone heard anything about his fitness regarding his weight? Was at the game last Sunday and one of the lads was saying that Brendan and his staff think he's over weight! Just wondering if anyone has heard this?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #363: Dec 19, 2014 03:58:49 pm
      Anyone heard anything about his fitness regarding his weight? Was at the game last Sunday and one of the lads was saying that Brendan and his staff think he's over weight! Just wondering if anyone has heard this?

You only have to look at him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #364: Dec 19, 2014 06:32:33 pm

When Can played against Chelsea he was excellent for 45 minutes, then he tailed off badly and frankly looked absolutely f***ed before being taken off. Given he's 20 years old this is a bit worrying, and whether it's the pies, the bratwursts or the steins he's knocking back, he needs to leave it alone a bit. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #365: Dec 19, 2014 06:47:30 pm
      When Can played against Chelsea he was excellent for 45 minutes, then he tailed off badly and frankly looked absolutely f***ed before being taken off. Given he's 20 years old this is a bit worrying, and whether it's the pies, the bratwursts or the steins he's knocking back, he needs to leave it alone a bit.

I'm pretty sure it's the injury he had.
      Add to that he looks like a lad who finds it harder than normal to shift weight once he's put it on, and perhaps he wasn't managed as well as he could have been by the medical staff because of his natural build.
      By that I mean he needs a higher level of aerobic training to get his weight down, and gym + pool time isn't going to do it when he is out injured.
      Sturridge on the other hand still looks ripped, so obviously responds better to the training players do when injured.

All normal, nothing to worry about for me.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #366: Dec 19, 2014 07:28:47 pm

There's really no excuse whatsoever for  a player carrying ANY extra weight.
      If some old grandma can lose it, I'm sure a highly paid footballer at LFC can.  QUICKLY.

You have to wonder about his hunger for the game. Instead of hunger for kebabs.

If I was a manager I'd have a zero tolerance of fatness. Maybe 2 strikes and you're out.
      Even with talent, an overweight player has very, VERY rarely managed to keep it up in recent decades.
      I would have moved Barnes, Molby and Fowler on as soon as their weight became a regular issue. And these players were ridiculously gifted.

Overweight means lack of performance, injuries and the team being fu**ed up.

But for now, I think Can has a lot of potential. Lets hope his attitude matches up.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #367: Dec 19, 2014 07:33:05 pm
      [/quotetrue, very true]

Quick Reply