Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 284142 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #598: Mar 23, 2015 06:21:46 pm
      The part where he sprinted over to BR was German efficiency as you'll get.

I'm not sure what was German about it.  It was just intelligent, aware, focused, and full of leadership. Whilst Henderson was still moaning to Atkinson about a 100% correct call that he was never going to change.

Can just got on with it and said "right, it's done, what do we do next?"

Impressive leadership, much more so than our current "captain."
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #599: Mar 23, 2015 07:19:12 pm
      I'm not sure what was German about it.  It was just intelligent, aware, focused, and full of leadership. Whilst Henderson was still moaning to Atkinson about a 100% correct call that he was never going to change.

Can just got on with it and said "right, it's done, what do we do next?"

Impressive leadership, much more so than our current "captain."

Hang on fed, but you are praising Can on doing something that Henderson has been doing for two years.. He has been over to Rodgers more than anybody in the last two years when the gaffer wants a message put on.. Yet on one occasion where he was over in a flash point as a leader and Rodgers called Can over you use it as a reason to bash Henderson with?

Confirmation bias
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #600: Mar 23, 2015 07:43:23 pm
      Hang on fed, but you are praising Can on doing something that Henderson has been doing for two years.. He has been over to Rodgers more than anybody in the last two years when the gaffer wants a message put on.. Yet on one occasion where he was over in a flash point as a leader and Rodgers called Can over you use it as a reason to bash Henderson with?

Fair point mate.

I have a blind spot with Henderson as I think he is terribly overrated as a footballer and no where near good enough to be captain of our club.

But you're right, I can remember a few occasions where Hendo went over to get instructions from Rodgers.

Actually today I watched the video again, and I noticed that the Herrera incident happened on the far side of the pitch, and Can was of course on the side nearest the manager.  So if I want to be very critical of my own theory, maybe Can got the instructions because he was just.... closer.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #601: Mar 23, 2015 07:51:58 pm
      I still think Sakho should be captain next season.  But if he doesn't want it I would have no problem giving it to Can.

Even if he doesn't shift that 'extra stone'?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #602: Mar 23, 2015 07:57:38 pm
      Even if he doesn't shift that 'extra stone'?

I think Can would be unstoppable if he dropped a stone.  He's already incredible as it is.  But if he dropped a stone he would be even more mobile, he wouldn't look knackered like he has done towards the end of a few of our important matches etc.

it's my opinion.

why does that bother you so much?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #603: Mar 24, 2015 01:07:36 pm
      i dont think he's got a weight problem to me he looks pretty bloody Henche to be fair. thats the issue with our squad is its to lightweight. We need some beasts in there like Can,Sakho, Mario, skrtel to bully opposition we have nibble technically good players but no real work horses willing to do the dirty work or be the hardman
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #604: Mar 24, 2015 11:37:32 pm
      he wouldn't look knackered like he has done towards the end of a few of our important matches etc.

He looks knackered because he has played something like every minute of our last 20 odd matches!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #605: Mar 25, 2015 07:50:20 am
      He looks knackered because he has played something like every minute of our last 20 odd matches!

20 games as a CB and he is knackered, maybe people are right he needs to get fitter in that case!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #606: Mar 25, 2015 07:57:25 am
      20 games as a CB and he is knackered, maybe people are right he needs to get fitter in that case!

He's not exactly a static centre back is he although I do see your point.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #607: Mar 25, 2015 12:39:29 pm
      his hair gel must weigh around a stone so just stop putting hair prodcut in that beautiful head of his and we will be sorted. I still think he's a beast and after his injury has been getting fitter and fitter but i'm sure now we have less back to back games he will shine.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #608: Mar 25, 2015 04:44:48 pm

Maybe you haven't watched him all that closely or you'd have seen that he is getting up the pitch too. To say he is just playing as a CB is wrong because when there is work to be done in midfield or a chance for him to join the attack a bit, he is there, he's coverig the WB too a lot!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #609: Mar 25, 2015 04:47:04 pm
      he's a tank composed on the ball, gets about the pitch well.
      he had a few moments of madness but so did the entire team, he's been one of our best players recently with the way he settled the back 3 and can also get up the pitch down the flank and assist the RWB.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #610: Mar 25, 2015 04:54:10 pm
      Maybe you haven't watched him all that closely or you'd have seen that he is getting up the pitch too. To say he is just playing as a CB is wrong because when there is work to be done in midfield or a chance for him to join the attack a bit, he is there, he's coverig the WB too a lot!

I have seen him plenty mate and yup as you say he is covering, so what....and on the odd occasion has a gallop up field.
      He gets plenty of breathing time during a game so for a young lad to be so knackered in probably the least demanding position after only 20 games!!

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #611: Mar 30, 2015 11:23:10 pm
      Did anyone watch the England U21 vs Germany U21 and know how Can performed? he played in midfield, but they lost 3-2 :(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #612: Mar 31, 2015 12:21:32 am
      Did anyone watch the England U21 vs Germany U21 and know how Can performed? he played in midfield, but they lost 3-2 :(

He had a decent game, was making his usual busting runs through the middle of the pitch. He had a good attempt from a free kick saved too that looked to be going into the top corner. 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #613: Mar 31, 2015 12:42:04 am
      He had a decent game, was making his usual busting runs through the middle of the pitch. He had a good attempt from a free kick saved too that looked to be going into the top corner. 

Thanks! I just checked BT sports, they have full highlights at 10am ish, will record and watch it later tonight or tomorrow :)
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #614: Apr 05, 2015 12:33:57 pm
      Playing him at the back has to stop now, he must look at Joe Allen getting pushed off the ball by everyone and think wtf he has to do to play in the position he was born to play.
      He will be the man for us - but not a centre back.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #615: Apr 06, 2015 12:39:28 am
      We should really stick to this guy.He is the future of the midfield and he could be a great replacement for Steven Gerrard,i hope BR will not waste money on bringing Pjanic when we allready have a great player on that position.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #616: Apr 06, 2015 03:29:51 pm
      Playing him at the back has to stop now, he must look at Joe Allen getting pushed off the ball by everyone and think wtf he has to do to play in the position he was born to play.
      He will be the man for us - but not a centre back.

Agree with this completely. He's exactly the type of player we need in the middle of the park not that we'll see it for a bit now he's suspended.

When he's back though he needs to be starting in the middle.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #617: Apr 08, 2015 04:23:50 pm
      this rest for him tonight might be exactly what is needed for him, we can then give another man a chance as RCB tonight probably Lovern. then next week put CAN in the middle sack Allen off and put Lucas next to CAN to talk him through and be the bit of experiance to calm the game and keep the ball. CAN is the future DM of the team so whilst we have no chance of top 4 stick him in there for the remaining games next to lucas and see how it plays out.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #618: Apr 09, 2015 12:30:21 pm
      this rest for him tonight might be exactly what is needed for him, we can then give another man a chance as RCB tonight probably Lovern. then next week put CAN in the middle sack Allen off and put Lucas next to CAN to talk him through and be the bit of experiance to calm the game and keep the ball. CAN is the future DM of the team so whilst we have no chance of top 4 stick him in there for the remaining games next to lucas and see how it plays out.

Don't want to be a grammar nazi but if I see one more guy type Lovern rather than Lovren...
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #619: Apr 09, 2015 12:48:45 pm
      Don't want to be a grammar nazi but if I see one more guy type Lovern rather than Lovren...
      haha sorry mate i'm terrible for Grammar and probably one of the worst ones for miss spelling, I will try not to mate i honestly dont do it on purpose to anger the grammar police as I know there are a few on here. I will try harder
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #620: Apr 09, 2015 05:09:14 pm
      With Sakho out for a couple of weeks or so, I would love to see Can & Lovren partnership.

Quick Reply