Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 284196 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #736: Jun 30, 2015 12:17:15 pm
      i think Can has to start and this is how i would line up with what we have so far. to fit Can in i would use a 4-2-2-2 box midfield formation with the two forward mids droping wide when we lose the ball and defending
                                                 Migs
                            Clyne   Skrtel    Sakho  Moreno

Can    Hendo

firmino                   coutino

Sturridge      Ballotelli

obviouse a new striker comes in i drop mario, on the bench would be
      Milner,bogdan, Ibe,Markovich,Origi,Ilori,lallana,Lucas(or new DM)

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #737: Jun 30, 2015 12:37:54 pm
      I've yet to be convinced that Can is ready to be our anchor in midfield. 

That doesn't mean he's not a good player or that he won't be a beast eventually but I'm just not sure he's good enough, expereinced enough or consistant enough at this moment.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #738: Jun 30, 2015 04:48:14 pm
      Still doesn't mean he isn't good enough. It's good to have a reliable player who we can bring on to sure things up and help us grind out a result if needed.

He is good enough tbh mate, of course he's good enough, he's been doing it for us for years, but doesn't mean to say we shouldn't be aiming for a younger, more dynamic player in that position like Mascha.

I've yet to be convinced that Can is ready to be our anchor in midfield.  That doesn't mean he's not a good player or that he won't be a beast eventually but I'm just not sure he's good enough, expereinced enough or consistant enough at this moment.

He occasionally has an off-game that makes everyone thing "what da f*** was that, that's not what I'm used to". He made a few defensive mistakes that were horrible to watch towards the end, but overall I've been impressed with him. He's clearly got the raw talent, the physique and the attitude to be a great DM imo.

The question is, do we ease him into that role, or do we take a gamble and thrust him into it with a calculated risk that he will grow into it. I'm leaning towards a calculated risk. I think he's mature enough and talented enough to make a few mistakes but learn quickly and make that spot his. I actually miss having a DM that dominates that position like Mascha and Hamman did. Lucas will always be reliable but never that top DM, so it's worth the risk with Can I reckon. Just my own preference of course.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #739: Jun 30, 2015 10:26:14 pm
      but doesn't mean to say we shouldn't be aiming for a younger, more dynamic player in that position like Mascha.

Didn't think I said otherwise?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #740: Jul 01, 2015 11:29:53 am

you didn't sir :)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #741: Aug 02, 2015 08:24:41 pm
      Found this pic on the offal before...

What on earth are those shinpads that Can is wearing? He may as well not have any on. It's as though he's asking to get injured.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #742: Aug 03, 2015 12:45:46 pm
      Does he start in the deeper role for LFC? I hope so but it all depends on what formation BR goes with but for most of us i'm sure he is in the team V stoke. He's young powerful and great on the ball not sure he's a DM more of a box to box meaning Milner or Hendo would have to cover him when he bombs on which he will. I think it could work though if before the game Milner or Henderson are given the task of covering Can when he powers forward. With Mac there now on the books he could coach him into a worldclass DM after time also working with Lucas in training will rub off.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Reply #743: Aug 03, 2015 01:41:54 pm
      Found this pic on the offal before...

What on earth are those shinpads that Can is wearing? He may as well not have any on. It's as though he's asking to get injured.

I noticed that too....looks like he's only protecting the part right under his knee, which admittedly for me anyway is the more sensitive part of the lower leg. Maybe he's got shins of steel ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Reply #744: Aug 17, 2015 11:32:53 pm
      Didn't think he had quite the impact that he did against Stoke. Needs to stand up boss the game a bit more, be more demanding.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #745: Aug 24, 2015 10:42:44 pm
      proved once again that he is our best CM by some distance.

what a player, no reason he should lose his place when Henderson is fit again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #746: Aug 24, 2015 10:46:25 pm
      Very good player will only improve looking forward to watching him play in a three man midfield with Milner and captain Hendo.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #747: Aug 24, 2015 10:50:27 pm

Come on lad it's getting boring as F**k now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,244 posts | 4929 
      Reply #748: Aug 24, 2015 10:56:39 pm

No he didn't.

He  played well tonight but if that was definitive proof he is 'our best CM by some distance' then you are very easily  pleased mate.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #749: Aug 24, 2015 10:59:10 pm
      Once he gets his match sharpness, he will work fantastically with Hendo and Milner. Just needs to get that first touch a bit sharper, otherwise he's got potential to be an excellent midfielder. Very tough to get him off the ball when he's on it.

First touch, speed, vision, and a bit of defensive work are some minor areas of improvement for him. But most of that will be cured when he notches a few more matches under his belt. May end up having some competition from Lucas.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Reply #750: Aug 24, 2015 11:10:19 pm
      Believe he has the most successful tackles of any player in the premier league so far this year. Pretty good for only playing one full game and parts of the other two.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #751: Aug 25, 2015 12:56:20 am

Thought he was our poorest player, of our starting XI.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #752: Aug 25, 2015 01:02:38 am
      Thought he was our poorest player, of our starting XI.

I thought this too. It was an average performance, but once he gains that match fitness, I sure he'll show he's more than capable of dominating that midfield.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #753: Aug 25, 2015 09:33:32 am
      I noticed a few times when they had the ball, he was just walking back, not even trying to get near their players who had the ball.

Now I like the lad but if he wants to keep his place when Jordan gets fit, he has to bust a gut for every minute he's on the pitch.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #754: Aug 25, 2015 12:46:31 pm
      I thought he was very important in the first half, pressured their defense well which led to us gaining possession in the attacking half in some dangerous positions. He faded in the second half along with the rest of the team, and on the ball he wasn't particularly special - James Milner miles ahead of him last night.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #755: Aug 25, 2015 12:54:02 pm
      I thought he was very good last night until he tired. Showing he is a box to box midfielder and not a DM.

He rarely loses the ball when challenged can turn under pressure and of course those driving runs into the opposition half is something none of our other midfielders are capable of doing.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #756: Aug 25, 2015 01:01:57 pm
      Thought he had a bad start to the game. Couldn't connect a pass at all and turned the ball over more than not. But then he made that first driving run, and it seemed after that he was fine. I do think he's a tad slow, and I would like to see him have go at the goal a time or two. It will be interesting to see how BR manages the playing time between he, Milner, Hendo, Lucas, Allen and Lallana when all are fit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #757: Aug 25, 2015 02:39:03 pm

We know you're a bit of a tit Fed, but you're going beyond the realms of being an utter w**ker now dickhead.

After last night's performance, Hendo will walk straight back in no problems

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #758: Aug 29, 2015 06:33:32 am
      Called up by Germany for their Euro qualifiers.Apparently Germany's coach rates him highly and has been impressed by his stint at CB for us.

Quick Reply