Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 284096 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #897: Nov 21, 2015 09:30:51 pm
      Best game in a red shirt in a midfield role without a doubt. Strong as an ox, worked hard and used the ball well all game. Really impressive.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #898: Nov 21, 2015 09:36:38 pm
      Best game in a red shirt in a midfield role without a doubt. Strong as an ox, worked hard and used the ball well all game. Really impressive.

Fully agree it was a very mature performance for a player who has been a bit erratic recently but hell we forget he is only 21.........
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,014 posts | 523 
      Reply #899: Nov 21, 2015 10:17:11 pm
      Awesome today Emre.

Looks like he's got up to full fitness now - he was still going strong in injury time, despite an all-action box-to-box performance.
      Thought he was MOTM, despite a lot of strong competition.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #900: Nov 21, 2015 10:59:13 pm
      We have some great young players who just need time and a slap in the face from Jürgen now and again
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #901: Nov 22, 2015 12:39:51 am
      We have some great young players who just need time and a slap in the face from Jürgen now and again

Hang on bud, are we getting the slaps or giving out the slaps ?  :D

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #902: Nov 22, 2015 01:15:25 am
      Been saying for a while he was the best CM we've got at the club.  Showed it again today. Doesn't mean he's a world-beater yet mind, actually it reflects more on how awful our other CMs are.

Cracking game against City, Emre and Lucas are forming a nice little partnership as well. 
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #903: Nov 22, 2015 04:29:42 pm

Yeah, it was really special!! Commentators saying he meant it for Firmino, but I think he meant it to go to Couts. He saw where Couts was running, waited, then flicked the ball right into his path at the perfect time. Brilliant piece of vision and skill from our young Panzer!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #904: Nov 22, 2015 08:25:24 pm
      Can anyone find a gif of that backheel?...Could watch it over and over again.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #905: Nov 22, 2015 08:57:02 pm
      Been saying for a while he was the best CM we've got at the club.  Showed it again today. Doesn't mean he's a world-beater yet mind, actually it reflects more on how awful our other CMs are.

Cracking game against City, Emre and Lucas are forming a nice little partnership as well. 

I think the test is whether they can do it as a three in our home games, there is a lot of raft, power and strength but we do lack creativity.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #906: Nov 22, 2015 10:16:22 pm
      Can anyone find a gif of that backheel?...Could watch it over and over again.

Will a Vine do Oz?

https://twitter.com/bigvYNWA/status/668174318103363589
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #907: Nov 22, 2015 10:23:10 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #908: Nov 23, 2015 02:20:39 pm
      Been saying for a while he was the best CM we've got at the club.  Showed it again today.

Again? That was the first time playing as a CM in which he was the best CM on the pitch. And that's only on the pitch, not at the club.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #909: Nov 24, 2015 02:24:03 pm
      Not ready to eat my words just yet, but a much better performance from Emre at the weekend. 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #910: Nov 24, 2015 03:00:17 pm
      I hope now lucas is out v Swansea that JK doesnt push him into the holding role and restrict his best asset which is powering through the middle. we need him on the toes of Shelvey, siggurdson
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #911: Nov 30, 2015 04:11:21 pm
      How hasn't anyone praised Can yet about yesterdays performance? I know it was hardly Gerrard in Istanbul but he put himself about, made tackles dictated the pace of the game and generally had a good performance. Made some good passes and showed he has the ability to be an anchor in our midfield and let the likes of Coutinho Henderson Milner and Firmino run around infront of him knowing they have someone dependable behind them!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #912: Nov 30, 2015 04:21:01 pm
      How hasn't anyone praised Can yet about yesterdays performance? I know it was hardly Gerrard in Istanbul but he put himself about, made tackles dictated the pace of the game and generally had a good performance. Made some good passes and showed he has the ability to be an anchor in our midfield and let the likes of Coutinho Henderson Milner and Firmino run around infront of him knowing they have someone dependable behind them!

because he didn't influence the game in the right area and spent far too much time sitting way too deep alongside the two CB's.
      He made some good passes and some wasteful ones. A young man with huge potential who will get better the more he plays but at present when Lucas and Henderson are fit he will struggle to get in the team
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #913: Nov 30, 2015 04:28:15 pm
      because he didn't influence the game in the right area and spent far too much time sitting way too deep alongside the two CB's.
      He made some good passes and some wasteful ones. A young man with huge potential who will get better the more he plays but at present when Lucas and Henderson are fit he will struggle to get in the team

I don't think the issue was that he sat too deep, he was probably instructed to sit there as Skrtel and Lovren can't really be relied upon to pass out from the back.

The main problem was that he just didn't release the ball quick enough taking too many touches, but on the flip side he provided excellent cover for the defence.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #914: Nov 30, 2015 04:30:46 pm

I don't think he dictated the pace of the game, but he was robust in the middle and was decent defensively. He diminished in the 2nd half but I agree, he did have a good game overall. Still a long way to go if he wants to reach Lucas level, but he improving a lot.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #915: Nov 30, 2015 04:33:29 pm
      I don't think the issue was that he sat too deep, he was probably instructed to sit there as Skrtel and Lovren can't really be relied upon to pass out from the back.

The main problem was that he just didn't release the ball quick enough taking too many touches, but on the flip side he provided excellent cover for the defence.

it was actually Gullitt who was showing why sitting so deep meant he could not affect play in the right area and was sort of impotent. Watch Lucas on Wednesday he will not sit ontop of the two CB's.Seems like we are having a go but I think we have a real star its just a very difficult role for a young player to have
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #916: Nov 30, 2015 04:40:10 pm
      it was actually Gullitt who was showing why sitting so deep meant he could not affect play in the right area and was sort of impotent. Watch Lucas on Wednesday he will not sit ontop of the two CB's.Seems like we are having a go but I think we have a real star its just a very difficult role for a young player to have

I know where you are coming from mate but I don't agree with Gullit as it would have meant one of Skrtel or Lovren bringing the ball out from the back and they are not exactly known for there ball playing skill, imagine one mis placed pass and it could have been a 1 v 1 situation against a pacy Swansea forward.

We have a great prospect in Can but he is still learning the game and who better than Lucas to have as a mentor.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #917: Dec 02, 2015 11:09:51 pm
      Starting to see it with him now. He could be our Gundogan
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!