Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 283894 times
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #621: Apr 09, 2015 05:10:59 pm
      haha sorry mate i'm terrible for Grammar and probably one of the worst ones for miss spelling, I will try not to mate i honestly dont do it on purpose to anger the grammar police as I know there are a few on here. I will try harder

Haha no worries mate, it's just something that annoys me a little, and a few people are guilty of typing Lovern rather than Lovren. The common one used to be Saurez instead of Suarez which equally pissed me off.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #622: Apr 09, 2015 05:30:31 pm
      Haha no worries mate, it's just something that annoys me a little, and a few people are guilty of typing Lovern rather than Lovren. The common one used to be Saurez instead of Suarez which equally pissed me off.

It's nothing to the way some on here spell Skrtel.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #623: Apr 10, 2015 12:13:48 am
      Don't want to be a grammar nazi but if I see one more guy type Lovern rather than Lovren...

Nowhere near as bas as loose instead of lose.  Does my nut in.  Only one that does though, usually let all others slide, but grrr.  And as I've said before, it's so easy to remember, your sister is loose, you're a loser.  Simple. ;)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #624: Apr 10, 2015 08:10:42 am
      I will try mate i will even try and spell check future messages as i'm terrible at spelling even though i have a really good job luckily we have spell check at work haha
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #625: Apr 10, 2015 08:13:03 am
      Glad we will have  him back for Newcastle game, does he walk back in as RCB with Lovren LCB and Kolo CB or do we keep defence the same as Blackburn and push him into the middle nxt to Lucas??

BR has some choices to make, i think for the sanity of what we spent in the summer i would put him as CDM with Lucas and hendo just in front of them and keep Lovren in the side now till end of the season in the hope he keeps inproving and rekindles his form ready for next year. back 4 also.
      dnNeelis
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #626: May 19, 2015 03:04:51 pm
      The only real character in our squad that is left and that has got some real potential. It's a shame it has come this far. Hope he will be played in his natural position next year.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #627: May 19, 2015 10:26:22 pm
      I like Emre and feel he is a good player but bugger me he is slow on the turn.
      Part of that is where he is being asked to play that his lack of real pace gets found out.
      Feel he needs to be positioned as a DM and given a long run of games next season.
      One of the problems that he has, as do we is the over reliance on Hendo.
      Hendo is a good player but giving him the Vice captaincy and making him such a integral part of our future has made him undroppable. Sorry, but he isn't good enough to be given that mantle.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #628: May 21, 2015 02:16:55 pm
      I like Emre and feel he is a good player but bugger me he is slow on the turn.
      Part of that is where he is being asked to play that his lack of real pace gets found out.
      Feel he needs to be positioned as a DM and given a long run of games next season.
      One of the problems that he has, as do we is the over reliance on Hendo.
      Hendo is a good player but giving him the Vice captaincy and making him such a integral part of our future has made him undroppable. Sorry, but he isn't good enough to be given that mantle.

Never thought I'd see Emre Can labelled 'slow'...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #629: May 21, 2015 05:53:55 pm
      Never thought I'd see Emre Can labelled 'slow'...

He is slow IMO on the turn. Stand by that completely.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #630: May 21, 2015 06:11:00 pm
      Can is a good dribbler, and the whole reason for that is his burst of pace and change of direction. He wont be the fastest one running 100 m but he is really good at turning. so disagree completely about him being slow turning.
      It also depends on who you compare him with, suarez? then yes he is dead slow. Compared to a average midfielder, Can has burst of pace.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #631: May 22, 2015 08:21:34 pm
      Can is a good dribbler, and the whole reason for that is his burst of pace and change of direction. He wont be the fastest one running 100 m but he is really good at turning. so disagree completely about him being slow turning.
      It also depends on who you compare him with, suarez? then yes he is dead slow. Compared to a average midfielder, Can has burst of pace.

He is terrible at turning quickly, more akin to a oil tanker.
      Have you not seen him being left for dead on on his arse when playing RB.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #632: May 22, 2015 08:41:02 pm
      He is terrible at turning quickly, more akin to a oil tanker.
      Have you not seen him being left for dead on on his arse when playing RB.

Agree completely.
      At times I wonder how opinions can be so different when it's obvious he isn't the quickest player around and his lack of acceleration on the turn is glaringly apparent.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #633: May 23, 2015 12:35:34 am
      Help me Emre Can 23. You're my only hope.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #634: May 23, 2015 01:01:01 pm
      he isnt a defender is he not naturally anyway. What is his best position ?. I like his attitude he has fight in his belly and we need a lot more of that in this team
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #635: May 25, 2015 10:39:47 pm
      stubborn BR, playing everyone out of position.

2 cbs, 7 cms....  :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #636: May 25, 2015 10:50:32 pm
      he isnt a defender is he not naturally anyway. What is his best position ?. I like his attitude he has fight in his belly and we need a lot more of that in this team

I want to see him at the base of a midfield three  next season which would allow him to step back into the back four and create a three when needed but also has him that bit further forward in midfield than he has been at RCB.

GK

RB      CB        CB       LB

Can

CM      CM

LF       ST        RF
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #637: May 26, 2015 10:38:17 am
      Hopefully that has put an end to CAN as a RCB or a RFB, time to play him in midfield.

We need another RB as a priority.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #638: May 27, 2015 01:38:49 am
      http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/05/emre-can-im-ready-to-fill-the-gerrard-hole/

Regardless of everything else that's going on with the club....I can't wait to see him flourish in the midfield next season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #639: May 27, 2015 02:52:41 am
      This hasn't been mentioned here, but Can has been called up to the German U21 team :D

I'm sure he'll be a starter, but the question is, will it be CB or MF? Will be watching all his games and hopefully, we can get a better idea of his natural position in the European Championship!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #640: May 27, 2015 08:46:02 am
      He has said he can step into MF next season, Im sure we won't play him at RB anymore. We can't we just can't.!!! ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #641: May 27, 2015 10:31:29 am
      This hasn't been mentioned here, but Can has been called up to the German U21 team :D

I'm sure he'll be a starter, but the question is, will it be CB or MF? Will be watching all his games and hopefully, we can get a better idea of his natural position in the European Championship!

He plays centre mid for Germany.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #642: May 28, 2015 01:49:14 am
      He plays centre mid for Germany.

And CB :p

I wonder where he'll play in the Euros.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #643: May 28, 2015 07:19:03 pm
      And CB :p

I wonder where he'll play in the Euros.

Hopefully centre mid.
      I think that's his best position.
      He needs to work a bit on his passing and awareness, but he's young and very talented so that should come.

Quick Reply