Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Luis Suarez: The Bite - Part 3

Read 29119 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: Luis Suarez // THE BITE // Part 3
      Reply #46: Jun 24, 2014 07:22:24 pm
      Can't see the issue to be honest, now Madrid/Barca won't want him and he stays with us for sure....every cloud.

Personally more bothered him giving Adrian Chiles more to talk about, he will be going on about this everytime he is on tele until the next World Cup.

Just done 10 mins discussion and says after the break we examine the Suarez incident!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #47: Jun 24, 2014 07:23:33 pm
      Heres a close up for people unsure if there was a bite.

Photoshopped?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,686 posts | 3707 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #48: Jun 24, 2014 07:23:37 pm
      I don't give a F**k, he is what he is. He won't change but I would rather have him rather than play against him. Better, he will stay with us now!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      Reply #49: Jun 24, 2014 07:24:04 pm
      Fact! Suarez has never lost a match where he's bitten somebody
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #50: Jun 24, 2014 07:24:07 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,204 posts | 4911 
      Reply #51: Jun 24, 2014 07:26:07 pm
      He done it before we signed him.

He's done it when playing for us.

He's done it again now and will more than likely do it again.

As I said in the other thread I've long since accepted him for what he is and am not one bit surprised.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #52: Jun 24, 2014 07:26:38 pm
      I'm sat here smiling, don't know why 'cos it's not really funny but it's Luis and he always makes me smile  ;D

After such a wonderful season makes me wonder whether the help that the Club got for him did keep him in check but he's been away from that "safe" environment for a few weeks now so his demons have returned.

No idea how this will effect any potential transfer but F**k it, we've a better chance of having another good season with him than without him so if it means he stays, great  ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      Reply #53: Jun 24, 2014 07:27:16 pm
      All I saw was Chiellini barging into Suarez' teeth with his shoulder!

Should have been sent off
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #54: Jun 24, 2014 07:27:20 pm
      Can't see the issue to be honest, now Madrid/Barca won't want him and he stays with us for sure....every cloud.

Personally more bothered him giving Adrian Chiles more to talk about, he will be going on about this everytime he is on tele until the next World Cup.
      Suarez may never be in another world cup. He's  at his best now and he pretty much single handedly qualified Uruguay. You saw how bad they were without Suarez. Forlan will be retired. Suarez can't stay world class forever.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #55: Jun 24, 2014 07:28:16 pm
      Can he get a ban in the league for that? If not happydays. Lunatic but I wouldnt sell him either way...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,175 posts | 4402 
      Reply #56: Jun 24, 2014 07:29:49 pm
      He is s complete tw*t but our tw*t.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #57: Jun 24, 2014 07:29:58 pm
      Can he get a ban in the league for that? If not happydays. Lunatic but I wouldnt sell him either way...

This is what I'm wondering. FIFA can sanction up to 2 years for biting. They've already given him the 10-games in 2013, so I'm assuming they'd give him an even longer ban this time. If that carries into his domestic league, we're f*cked big time.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #58: Jun 24, 2014 07:31:54 pm
      This is either the best case scenario or the worst case scenario for us.  Not sure which at the moment.

Absolutely correct JC, I don't think any of us have a clue now of what is going to happen.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #59: Jun 24, 2014 07:32:20 pm
      FIFA didn't give him the ten game ban, the FA did.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #60: Jun 24, 2014 07:34:16 pm
      This is what I'm wondering. FIFA can sanction up to 2 years for biting. They've already given him the 10-games in 2013, so I'm assuming they'd give him an even longer ban this time. If that carries into his domestic league, we're f*cked big time.
      I told you guys,  something will happen with Suarez later on in the cup. Had England beat Uruguay then you can guarantee that the bite wouldn't have happened today. You guys got to laugh at the English but at what cost?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #61: Jun 24, 2014 07:34:27 pm
      Suarez may never be in another world cup. He's  at his best now and he pretty much single handedly qualified Uruguay. You saw how bad they were without Suarez. Forlan will be retired. Suarez can't stay world class forever.

What's your point? Also he will only be 31 at the next World Cup so there is every chance this won't be his last World Cup.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #62: Jun 24, 2014 07:36:50 pm
      This is either the best case scenario or the worst case scenario for us.  Not sure which at the moment.

If Barca realize we are desperate to flog him off (having had enough with his antics), they might offer Sanchez to other clubs to squeeze out a maximum fee and negotiate with us for a very reduced fee, say 60mil

The best scenario would be we hold out for 85mil, buckle him down, give him some rehabilitation and have another mind-blowing season
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #63: Jun 24, 2014 07:36:53 pm
      I told you guys,  something will happen with Suarez later on in the cup. Had England beat Uruguay then you can guarantee that the bite wouldn't have happened today. You guys got to laugh at the English but at what cost?

It's all Rooney's fault?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #64: Jun 24, 2014 07:37:04 pm

Wonderful
      Hope you feel great.

Have a jelly baby.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #65: Jun 24, 2014 07:37:26 pm

I was understanding that the 10 game ban was doled out by the England FA and not FIFA; I would think Luis will be done for quite a while internationally but I am not sure that this is going to effect league or domestic matches.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #66: Jun 24, 2014 07:38:43 pm

I don't think you did. In fact, I don't think you've told us anything on anything. Didn't see anyone 'laughing at the English' either.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #67: Jun 24, 2014 07:40:27 pm
      If Barca realize we are desperate to flog him off (having had enough with his antics), they might offer Sanchez to other clubs to squeeze out a maximum fee and negotiate with us for a very reduced fee, say 60mil

The best scenario would be we hold out for 85mil, buckle him down, give him some rehabilitation and have another mind-blowing season

He needs rehabilitation regardless of where he's based. The only question now is does he feel he can better do that in Spain close to his in-laws and whether Barca/Real feel his goal scoring prowess outweighs his antics.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #68: Jun 24, 2014 07:43:07 pm
      OMG Luis again
       what goes on in his head sometimes to do such things, its not that he don't know that the grounds are filled with cameras today and they catch anything on the terraces, imagine on the pitch
       I am sure fifa will take notice of the incident, and thus its a bad image for him, his country and maybe even his club

Pity

YNWA

Quick Reply

Connection Problems

Connection issue

LFC Reds is temporarily unavailable - check back in the next few minutes.