Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Luis Suarez: The Bite - Part 3

Read 29121 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #69: Jun 24, 2014 07:43:32 pm
      Highly strung horses are prone to biting as well.

Just saying.

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #70: Jun 24, 2014 07:44:43 pm
      Does it surprise anyone that he does this each time he wants to leave, he has just given the club the perfect way of getting rid without the wrath of the fans. Wouldn't surprise me if his was set up in some way.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Re: Luis Suarez // THE BITE // Part 3
      Reply #71: Jun 24, 2014 07:45:02 pm
      It's interesting that the teams of the opponents concede afterwards. He obviously gets frustrated and feels it offers him an advantage. Everyone says he needs therapy but actually you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. He will feel he did what he needed to do to get Uruguay the win.

I hope he gets an international ban so he can rest, and that this bite puts barca and Madrid off him. He is important for liverpool and I have no added moral issues with him biting anymore than everything else in football. If we all accept that Rooney's wages are morally acceptable in our society then it's all a bit wrong but fun so we carry on watching ...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #72: Jun 24, 2014 07:45:47 pm
      Thought he made a bit of a meal of it meself.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #73: Jun 24, 2014 07:46:48 pm
      Does it surprise anyone that he does this each time he wants to leave, he has just given the club the perfect way of getting rid without the wrath of the fans.
      Wouldn't surprise me if his was set up in some way.

Come off it. At that moment in time I very much doubt he was thinking "I know, to engineer a move away from Liverpool I will start sinking my teeth into this guy".
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #74: Jun 24, 2014 07:47:39 pm
      The 10 game ban was given by the fa

However it's not against all possibility that FIFA will give him a world  ban as it's the third time he has done it.

Personally not seen it yet so won't really comment on the incident.

But we know he plays on the edge, these players who do sometimes step over it
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #75: Jun 24, 2014 07:48:42 pm
      However it's not against all possibility that UEFA will give him a world football ban as it's the third time he has done it.

This is nothing to do with UEFA, they have no say what happens in it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #76: Jun 24, 2014 07:49:30 pm
      Come off it. At that moment in time I very much doubt he was thinking "I know, to engineer a move away from Liverpool I will start sinking my teeth into this guy".

Agreed. Luis just loses it sometimes, that's the way he is.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #77: Jun 24, 2014 07:49:34 pm
      The 10 game ban was given by the fa

However it's not against all possibility that UEFA will give him a world football ban as it's the third time he has done it.

Personally not seen it yet so won't really comment on the incident.

But we know he plays on the edge, these players who do sometimes step over it

I might be wrong here, but surely it's down to FIFA rather than UEFA in this case, after all it's a FIFA tournament.

I'm not sure of the rules regarding this though.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #78: Jun 24, 2014 07:50:41 pm
      I was understanding that the 10 game ban was doled out by the England FA and not FIFA; I would think Luis will be done for quite a while internationally but I am not sure that this is going to effect league or domestic matches.

Ahhh ok thanks for the insight. Hopefully that's the way it goes though. Would not be bad news for us then.

One thing though, this lad's got some issues.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #79: Jun 24, 2014 07:51:24 pm
      Does it surprise anyone that he does this each time he wants to leave, he has just given the club the perfect way of getting rid without the wrath of the fans. Wouldn't surprise me if his was set up in some way.

Oh sure, way to go engineering a move at the expense of getting yourself banned from the World Cup. Use your noggin.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #80: Jun 24, 2014 07:51:34 pm
      This is nothing to do with UEFA, they have no say what happens in it.

I might be wrong here, but surely it's down to FIFA rather than UEFA in this case, after all it's a FIFA tournament.

I'm not sure of the rules regarding this though.

FIFA of course

Point still stands though

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #81: Jun 24, 2014 07:54:11 pm
      Why is everyone having a go at Suarez, I as a Mediterranean, we all love an Italian food! :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #82: Jun 24, 2014 07:55:20 pm
      FIFA of course

Point still stands though

They will only ban him on the International stage, they can't carry it over into a ban for club football too. If they did then I would be very surprised.

People are just trying to jump on the bandwagon. They weren't going so mental when Pepe got sent off for the 13th time in his career and headbutted someone yet again. If he wasn't in the Premiership and playing for us then people would barely even make comment on it. Like he would care what the English think of him now though, he's got the ultimate revenge on them by all but putting them out of the World Cup.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #83: Jun 24, 2014 07:55:39 pm
      He done it before we signed him.

He's done it when playing for us.

He's done it again now and will more than likely do it again.

& he will do it at Barca :D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #84: Jun 24, 2014 07:57:00 pm
      They will only ban him on the International stage, they can't carry it over into a ban for club football too. If they did then I would be very surprised.

People are just trying to jump on the bandwagon. They weren't going so mental when Pepe got sent off for the 13th time in his career and headbutted someone yet again. If he wasn't in the Premiership and playing for us then people would barely even make comment on it. Like he would care what the English think of him now though, he's got the ultimate revenge on them by all but putting them out of the World Cup.

I didn't say it would happen

I said it could happen

Either way he's still ours and gets my backing
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #85: Jun 24, 2014 07:58:14 pm
      There goes the GREAT season he had with LIVERPOOL winning him  top scorer-best EPL player for writers,coaches and players
       its all forgotten now
       some media are saying Fifa could ban him for 2 years
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #86: Jun 24, 2014 07:58:52 pm
      Unreal...

So now the British Press will be all over him like a very dirty rash - and opposing fans will have a bloody field day. Honestly, I am not sure if the club needs this hassle - he will be number one target for everyone. Honestly, I have no idea what is in this guys mind, its a rap sheet like Charles Manson (in the words of Ice Cube).

Personally I cant see Barca or Real going near him now - certainly not for his true value. Why spend the money on someone who could cause you this much bother - especially when they both have the firepower to win most games. We debate his value, but with this potential to cause upset he is not worth £100 Million, for that you want a player who is great on and off the pitch - you buy Suarez for footballing reasons, his marketing value is now rock bottom.

He is like buying a wolf - it will look pretty fricking cool until it snaps and goes after someone.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #87: Jun 24, 2014 08:01:40 pm
      Oh sure, way to go engineering a move at the expense of getting yourself banned from the World Cup. Use your noggin.

:roll:

On a serious note, I reckon we should be discussing this in one thread and not over 4 different threads!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #88: Jun 24, 2014 08:10:44 pm
      I think Luis must be some sort of psycho, seriuosly bonkers, three times now! I can't quite believe it. I wanted Uruguay to get through because I figured we want a happy Luis but I suspect Fifa will ban him for the rest of the tournament and he looked like a man who knows it at the end of the game tonight.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #89: Jun 24, 2014 08:11:18 pm
      Why is everyone having a go at Suarez, I as a Mediterranean, we all love an Italian food! :D

Who doesn't love Italian subs

Not my own joke btw.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #90: Jun 24, 2014 08:12:31 pm
      Agreed. Luis just loses it sometimes, that's the way he is.

It really is as simple as that Mick.

I'm surprised so may reds who have been through it before with him are so surprised.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #91: Jun 24, 2014 08:18:42 pm
      the man is an animal. fagan,paisley,shanks would never ever tolerate this behavior.away to Spain luis you bring shame on LFC

Quick Reply