Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The pre season 2014/15 thread

Read 9769 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: The pre season 2014/15 thread
      Reply #46: Jul 20, 2014 03:53:18 am
      Jordon Ibe v Brondby   1/3

JI

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #47: Jul 20, 2014 03:54:50 am
      Jordon Ibe v Preston 2/3

JI33
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #48: Jul 20, 2014 03:57:52 am
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #49: Jul 20, 2014 08:39:09 am
      Young Kris Peterson will be on the US tour after his performances and goals against Brondby and Preston.  That's fantastic news for him and he deserves it.

http://www.lfctour.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-on-rickie-preston-and-tour
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #50: Jul 20, 2014 08:50:19 am
      Young Kris Peterson will be on the US tour after his performances and goals against Brondby and Preston.  That's fantastic news for him and he deserves it.

http://www.lfctour.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-on-rickie-preston-and-tour

Aw cool, I was wondering last night why there is no thread for him in the player threads, was about to start one (may have got removed if I did, not sure) but, I checked if he was on the USA tour and he wasn't so I left it.
      Curious about him because he's an enigma to me, there was something in the reserve threads though. Earned some attention with his goals. Hope to see more good things from this player.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #51: Jul 20, 2014 08:57:38 am
      Aw cool, I was wondering last night why there is no thread for him in the player threads, was about to start one (may have got removed if I did, not sure) but, I checked if he was on the USA tour and he wasn't so I left it.
      Curious about him because he's an enigma to me, there was something in the reserve threads though. Earned some attention with his goals. Hope to see more good things from this player.

There should be a player thread mate just maybe not on the 1st page.  I'm pleased for him, he's worked hard but under the radar, he's not a flashy player like Raheem, Suso, Tex or Ibe he's a typical Scandinavian player who gets his head down and does his job.

He had a very successful short loan spell at Tranmere (I think) last season then came back to the Academy and started scoring for fun.  He's continued that and now got his call up for the Tour.

This is from his player thread mate.

Having been out on loan at Tranmere, Kris has been rewarded with a new contract.  He's been quietly progressing under the radar and seems to have recovered well from a spate of injuries that kept out of most of the recent successful Youth teams.

Congratulations Kris, keep up your hard work.

Kristoffer Peterson ‏@KrisPeterson7 Jan 23

Proud boy today, signed a new contract with Liverpool, massive day for me and the family. #hardwork #blessed
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #52: Jul 20, 2014 09:05:40 am
      Be interesting to see how Adam Phillips does on the US Tour.  Only 16, very highly thought of at the Academy but a surprise inclusion to the squad.

If Rossiter is tipped as our next No.6 this lad is tipped to be our next No.8  ;D
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #53: Jul 20, 2014 09:08:59 am
      There should be a player thread mate just maybe not on the 1st page.  I'm pleased for him, he's worked hard but under the radar, he's not a flashy player like Raheem, Suso, Tex or Ibe he's a typical Scandinavian player who gets his head down and does his job.

He had a very successful short loan spell at Tranmere (I think) last season then came back to the Academy and started scoring for fun.  He's continued that and now got his call up for the Tour.

This is from his player thread mate.

Oh! Well I should've looked harder, nothing wrong with some Scandinavian no nonsense efficiency. Another one to look out for in future, not getting carried away or nothing, Aspas looked like Juninho last pre season.
      Successful loan and knocking in the goals, that's very promising.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #54: Jul 20, 2014 11:32:46 am
      Must confess I've been quietly impressed with the Scandinavian kid too. First thing we should do is get someone to stencil his name on his shirt, poor bugger looks like a Sunday morning ringer.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #55: Jul 20, 2014 11:49:12 am
      Must confess I've been quietly impressed with the Scandinavian kid too. First thing we should do is get someone to stencil his name on his shirt, poor bugger looks like a Sunday morning ringer.

He's barely featured at the Academy during the 3 years he's been with us Mick.  Had lots of niggly injuries which prevented him from getting a run of games and his game suffered.  Fair play to him though, it was a last ditch effort to save his Liverpool career going out on loan to Tranmere, he grabbed the opportunity and got a new contract on the back of it.  Now he's gone one better and got a last minute surprise call up to the Tour squad.

Good luck to him, I hope he gives Brendan a few headaches during the season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #56: Jul 20, 2014 12:20:44 pm
      Be interesting to see how Adam Phillips does on the US Tour.  Only 16, very highly thought of at the Academy but a surprise inclusion to the squad.

If Rossiter is tipped as our next No.6 this lad is tipped to be our next No.8  ;D

I'm surprised we didn't take Rossiter and took Phillips instead :o What type of midfielder is he? Is he really that good?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #57: Jul 20, 2014 01:03:55 pm
      I'm surprised we didn't take Rossiter and took Phillips instead :o What type of midfielder is he? Is he really that good?

This is his player profile off the official site mate and yes he's that good  ;D

Adam Phillips is an England U16 international who made the centre midfield spot his own for the U18s in the 2013-14 season.

Born in Garstang, Lancashire, Liverpool signed him up from Blackburn Rovers as an U11 player.

Phillips has an excellent passing range, loves taking free-kicks and is also capable of scoring spectacular goals.

In the 2013-14 season he attended Rainhill school and played for Neil Critchley's U18s squad.

He's been chosen ahead of Rossiter for a few reasons.

He achieved all his personal targets last season, so this, along with his squad number is his reward.

I understand that Inglethorpe has requested that he keeps all his u21's together during pre season as they have their own tour and a very big season coming up with the Youth Champions League. 

Rossiter has a big part to play in that but Phillips hasn't.  He's only 16 so will stay with the u18's another season more than likely. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #58: Jul 20, 2014 01:14:43 pm

At the airport ready for the plane to the US.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #59: Jul 22, 2014 04:21:07 pm
      Dominic King ‏@DominicKing_DM  12m
      Gerrard's team looking especially slick, with Lallana & Sterling catching the eye. Plenty of "brilliant Raheem" shouts coming from Henderson
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #60: Jul 22, 2014 04:24:20 pm
      Dominic King ‏@DominicKing_DM  12m
      Gerrard's team looking especially slick, with Lallana & Sterling catching the eye. Plenty of "brilliant Raheem" shouts coming from Henderson

Let's hope there aren't any "steady" comments :D
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #61: Jul 30, 2014 04:07:05 pm
      This American time zone stuff is really hard on the English body, I've got to stay up until all hours and refrain from drinking to early.
      Fun and games.. I'm ok bumping this up aren't I?
      Football is on tonight peoples!
      Man city!
      Lets do it.. I know it's all about the fitness but still come on!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #62: Jul 30, 2014 04:08:19 pm

This American time zone stuff is really hard on the English body, I've got to stay up until all hours and refrain from drinking too early.
      Fun and games.. I'm ok bumping this up aren't I?
      Football is on tonight peoples!
      Man city!
      Lets do it.. I know it's all about the fitness but still come on!

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,241 posts | 2817 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #63: Jul 30, 2014 04:17:05 pm
      With the new baby in the house Im not getting to see any pre season! Including tonight!

Overall how would people say were looking? Id hope were looking average enough. Never liked when we were on fire pre season usually led to an average season!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #64: Jul 30, 2014 04:21:44 pm
      With the new baby in the house Im not getting to see any pre season! Including tonight!

Overall how would people say were looking? Id hope were looking average enough. Never liked when we were on fire pre season usually led to an average season!

No worries there buddy we have been bang average.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #65: Jul 30, 2014 04:21:49 pm

Congratulations on your baby :), we're looking like we aren't trying too hard but just getting the fitness levels up, Coutinho looks strong and fit.
      Can looks to be a potentially important player for us and Markovic when he played last game linked up with Can well.
      Brad Jones was in goal for every game.
      Younger players getting given some chance early games, Ibe looks special.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #66: Jul 30, 2014 04:54:14 pm
      Why is no one here for the pre season build up? What the hell.. come on, has everyone give up already?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #67: Jul 30, 2014 06:05:17 pm
      is the match in six hours or have I got the times totally stuffed?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #68: Jul 30, 2014 08:11:52 pm
      is the match in six hours or have I got the times totally stuffed?

As far as I am aware you are correct, and no one has started a thread.

Quick Reply