Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 225150 times
      Lfclee
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1058: Mar 03, 2016 02:41:30 pm
      Definetely deserves a run in the side after last nights performance :)
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #1059: Mar 03, 2016 05:17:50 pm
      Superb last night, love that fire in the belly that seems to be coming out more. Nothing wrong with getting in the oppo's faces so long as it's control aggression. Give the lad a run now boss, the squad all seem to be coming back at the business end of things. CL spot's defo not impossible.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1060: Mar 07, 2016 08:07:16 am
      Phenomenal against City and then absolutely anonymous against Palace.

I can't get my head round it.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1061: Mar 07, 2016 11:27:21 am
      Phenomenal against City and then absolutely anonymous against Palace.

I can't get my head round it.

Fairly simply, he was afforded space against City as they attack you and try to pin you back. If you win the ball back and go forward quickly our attacking players will have space to work in. Against Palace, who sit deeper, we've got less space to play in and it can be more difficult to break a defence down.

It wasn't just Lallana on Sunday, Firmino also struggled but obviously got the goal which puts him in a good light. As a team we need to get better at breaking down defences who sit deep.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1062: Mar 07, 2016 11:39:14 am
      Fairly simply, he was afforded space against City as they attack you and try to pin you back. If you win the ball back and go forward quickly our attacking players will have space to work in. Against Palace, who sit deeper, we've got less space to play in and it can be more difficult to break a defence down.

It wasn't just Lallana on Sunday, Firmino also struggled but obviously got the goal which puts him in a good light. As a team we need to get better at breaking down defences who sit deep.

Against low block teams it becomes even more important that the midfielders make quick accurate forward passes because both Lallana and Firmino have good movement but alas both Can and Henderson are no Gerrard in picking them out.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1063: Mar 08, 2016 03:45:02 am
      Against low block teams it becomes even more important that the midfielders make quick accurate forward passes because both Lallana and Firmino have good movement but alas both Can and Henderson are no Gerrard in picking them out.

I agree with this. I didn't think Gerrard was very good at keeping the play ticking and playing those accurate short balls into our attacking players (like Lucas), however, he was able to mask those deficiencies with world class hollywood/long accurate balls.

I don't have a problem with our midfielders being unable to play world class balls from distance (like Gerrard), but what I have a problem with is their inability to hold the middle, thus resulting in kamikaze football which becomes a hindrance to the team. They need to take a a leaf out of Lucas' book and learn how to keep the ball ticking in a positive manner, as well as learn to feed our attacking players (Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino) when they move into those pockets of space, and once/if they improve on that, I believe our team will be far superior to what we are seeing now.
      Tommy#Benfica
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 12 
      Reply #1064: Mar 10, 2016 09:42:34 pm

Lallana :tosser:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4918 
      Reply #1065: Mar 10, 2016 09:58:05 pm
      Some classy football from Adam tonight.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1066: Mar 10, 2016 10:42:49 pm
      Full credit to Lallana he has been in the form of his life last few games. Just needs to do it consistently.

Maybe the beard was weighing him down!
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1067: Mar 10, 2016 10:52:11 pm
      I agree with this. I didn't think Gerrard was very good at keeping the play ticking and playing those accurate short balls into our attacking players (like Lucas), however, he was able to mask those deficiencies with world class hollywood/long accurate balls.

Really? I thought Gerrard was an incredible intermediate passer of the ball, he makes difficult passes look like routine 5 yard balls. Henderson tries to make the same passes Stevie played in his sleep and he simply can't play them.

Back to Lallana, he was excellent again tonight, a really good performance and set up the all important 2nd goal. Well done and keep it coming Adam!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1068: Mar 11, 2016 01:04:47 am
      Really? I thought Gerrard was an incredible intermediate passer of the ball, he makes difficult passes look like routine 5 yard balls. Henderson tries to make the same passes Stevie played in his sleep and he simply can't play them.

Yeah, really :( If Gerrard could keep the ball ticking as good as Lucas, I honestly believe he'd still be our main DLPM and capable of still playing CL quality football. Problem with Gerrard, when he is pressed, he becomes very average and the team suffers.

As for Lallana, he was fantastic. His pressing and work rate are really exceptional. He really does set the tone for our team.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #1069: Mar 11, 2016 01:19:18 am
      speechless. what a performance...

hes a F***ing top greyhound and on his day, like tonight, he is unstopabble. and what a technique.

would love to get a puppy greyhound called lallana
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,309 posts | 6374 
      Reply #1070: Mar 11, 2016 01:21:58 am

It's too bad that he is too slow and too lightweight to play in this league.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #1071: Mar 11, 2016 02:31:01 am
      He was excellent tonight. Putting a run of decent to good performances, isn't he?

That dribble few minutes before Firmino's goal.  Wow. :f_doh:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1072: Mar 30, 2016 10:46:47 pm
      I think he is probably my favorite player at the moment.
      He has been damn impressive the last month or so for us and England.
      Feel he is hugely under rated and just needs to finally start scoring on a regular basis for others to see just how much he contributes to the team.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1073: Mar 30, 2016 11:07:35 pm
      What I have grown to love from Adam has been his application and effort.

Those two have been served up in massive platters from Adam the last5-6 games and fair play to him. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1074: Mar 30, 2016 11:24:20 pm
      Upped his game massively lately, especially in terms of contributions to goals/assists as well as overall performance. Consistency is the key though.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1075: Apr 01, 2016 11:36:33 am
      Congrats to the lad for being voted the PFA Fans' Player of the Month for March!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1076: Apr 01, 2016 01:17:45 pm
      With a half decent, injury free, run in the team, Adam's hitting a bit of form.

Such is the upturn that if he keeps this up, he'll be upgraded from 'Obviously a BR signing' to 'Definitely a TC signing'.  :laugh:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,309 posts | 6374 
      Reply #1077: Apr 01, 2016 02:05:00 pm
      Well in Adam.

That's going to piss some 'fans' in here off.

;D

I'm sure there are probably some statistics out there that clearly prove the award was a mistake.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1078: Apr 01, 2016 02:16:32 pm
      Congrats to the lad for being voted the PFA Fans' Player of the Month for March!

Starting to show the form that got me excited when we bought him. Hasn't really shown it since arriving but hopefully this is the kickstart he needs. Well deserved award!

Still think he should have this chant:

Adam LA-LA-NAAAAAAAA, LA-LA-NAAAAA, Adammmmm.

The name of the tune is F***ing driving me crazy because i forget but I'm sure someone knows what I'm on about.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1079: Apr 06, 2016 07:12:09 pm
      Praise indeed, well placed imho.

Speaking of this summer’s upcoming European Championship to be held in France, Xavi talks up England’s chances, claiming the Three Lions “could be an outside bet at the Euros”. Discussing the talent at Roy Hodgson’s disposal, Xavi references Adam Lallana as a key man, describing the Hertfordshire-born Liverpool midfielder as “quality”.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barca-legend-xavi-night-anfield-11145638

Takes a good un to know a good un Ian  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1080: Apr 06, 2016 07:17:30 pm
      I have heavily slated him since he signed for us but at the moment I think he is without doubt in his best form since arriving and is deserving of all credit he is getting at the moment. Keep it going lad

Quick Reply