Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 224861 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1104: May 06, 2016 08:10:24 pm
      I think it's the last 2 defensive players regardless of their position.

It always makes me laugh when the opposition stops, puts their arms in the air and try to protest the decision rather than doing their job right in the first place.

That chaps my ass as well.

US national team used to be famous for that....I think that was their main defensive tactic....get beat, throw your hand up and hope for a flag.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1105: May 06, 2016 09:12:21 pm
      As others have said there was a player on the ground playing Lallana on side. In fact even if the player had slid completely over the dead ball line and off the field of play, he would still have played Lallana onside.

The rule has now been changed so that a player can't just step off the pitch to play someone offside.

And that beautiful strong run from Firmino made this happen.

I can't stress how amazing that run and cut back was. Lallana done well to be in the 6 yard box.

Great goal in the end
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1106: May 07, 2016 01:27:35 am
      Loving Lalana at the moment.
      Have done ever since he arrived but now, with the managers trust he is getting a constant run of games and showing what a fantastic player he is.
      Utter class
      As I have said before, to me adam is a throwback kind of player. One that would have thrived in any great Liverpool team if given the opportunity and a bloody Delorean!
      Amazing the strength he has to keep ahold of the ball, time and space he creates for himself and the tireless work ethic.
      He really does sum up a klopp mentality.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1107: May 16, 2016 11:05:27 pm
      Lallana interrupted by Klopp whilst being interviewed

‘What are you doing here?’ Klopp asks the England forward, who also happens to be his next-door neighbour.

Lallana replies: ‘Speaking about you!’

Klopp, with a glint in his eye, changes his approach and says: ‘Ask him if he knows when Spurs start pre-season training.’

‘Too late,’ Lallana interjects. ‘We’ve already spoken about that!’

Klopp: ‘I asked him and he said July 1!’

‘I thought you were being serious!’ Lallana protests.

‘Are you crazy!’ Cue more laughter from Klopp as he walks out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3593483/Adam-Lallana-Europa-League-final-Liverpool-Jürgen-Klopp-hope-special-night.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Lallana Staying

As for talk of Lallana waving goodbye to Liverpool should Pochettino, his former manager at Southampton, call this summer, the midfielder – moments before Klopp’s interruption – states: “No, not for me. I’ve got three years left on my contract and I’m really enjoying my football under this manager and getting to two cup finals. I have always had a good relationship with Pochettino. We are very good friends off the pitch but I am at a massive club, playing some of my best football and getting to cup finals. It would be very difficult. I’m sure he knows that.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/16/adam-lallana-liverpool-Jürgen-klopp-europa-league-sevilla

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Lallana here next season , absolutely delighted.

A player that I thought was a waste of money when we initially got him, a player I thought was average at best under Rodgers... but now under Klopp, he's a first team player and has proven me wrong :D
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2016 11:55:25 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1108: May 16, 2016 11:14:05 pm
      Lallana interrupted by Klopp whilst being interviewed

‘What are you doing here?’ Klopp asks the England forward, who also happens to be his next-door neighbour.

Lallana replies: ‘Speaking about you!’

Klopp, with a glint in his eye, changes his approach and says: ‘Ask him if he knows when Spurs start pre-season training.’

‘Too late,’ Lallana interjects. ‘We’ve already spoken about that!’

Klopp: ‘I asked him and he said July 1!’

‘I thought you were being serious!’ Lallana protests.

‘Are you crazy!’ Cue more laughter from Klopp as he walks out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3593483/Adam-Lallana-Europa-League-final-Liverpool-Jürgen-Klopp-hope-special-night.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Lallana here next season :)

Course we will mate, he's Jurgens Hunter  ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1109: May 17, 2016 02:32:29 pm
      If Adam can start providing more end product he will be amazing next season.

If not then I think he will struggle to make the first team given the talent Klopp will bring in.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #1110: Jun 11, 2016 09:00:24 pm
      If Lallana can improve his finishing, he will be a top top class player. I think he's brilliant with us, but that little bit of improvement and he could be lethal. His effort in this England match has been sensational.

Keep up the work Adam, your hard work will reap rewards.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1111: Jun 11, 2016 09:01:36 pm

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Lallana here next season , absolutely delighted.

A player that I thought was a waste of money when we initially got him, a player I thought was average at best under Rodgers... but now under Klopp, he's a first team player and has proven me wrong :D

Played a first half blinder v the Russkies
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1112: Jun 11, 2016 09:21:56 pm
      where has he gone
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1113: Jun 11, 2016 10:03:49 pm

And disappeared in the 2nd half!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1114: Jun 12, 2016 11:12:18 am
      Has a great touch and excellent work rate but almost has a mental block when it comes to putting that little round thing in the back of the net.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1115: Jun 12, 2016 04:02:50 pm

However .....

He has picked up the cringeworthy C. Ronaldo habit , of looking at himself on the big screens too much.
      Its all Nivea's fault.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #1116: Jun 28, 2016 01:30:02 pm
      Adam playing alongside Can in midfield with Coutinho, Firmino and Mane ahead of them anyone?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1117: Jun 28, 2016 01:30:56 pm
      Adam playing alongside Can in midfield with Coutinho, Firmino and Mane ahead of them anyone?

No thanks.

biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #1118: Jun 28, 2016 02:17:25 pm

You think others we are linked to in the media would offer more?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1119: Jun 28, 2016 02:23:04 pm
      You think others we are linked to in the media would offer more?

Zielinski and Dahoud the two we have been linked with, both central midfielders of course they would offer more in the same way Adam offers more than them as an attacking midfielder.
      Does this even need discussing.

Rodgers is not here anymore so we don't need to fit round pegs into square holes.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1120: Jun 28, 2016 03:34:13 pm
      Zielinski and Dahoud the two we have been linked with, both central midfielders of course they would offer more in the same way Adam offers more than them as an attacking midfielder.

Rodgers is not here anymore so we don't need to fit round pegs into square holes.

Pretty clear that Klopp favors Adam...so I'm assuming he's going to find a way to fit him in. He's probably our most active player and does a lot of the defensive dirty work that I'm not sure some of those other midfielders mention will do? 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1121: Jun 28, 2016 03:43:16 pm
      Pretty clear that Klopp favors Adam...so I'm assuming he's going to find a way to fit him in. He's probably our most active player and does a lot of the defensive dirty work that I'm not sure some of those other midfielders mention will do? 

I think Lallana will be the key to our high intensity pressing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1122: Jun 28, 2016 03:59:50 pm
      I think Lallana will be the key to our high intensity pressing.

Yep, agree completely.
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #1123: Jun 28, 2016 04:10:21 pm

Does he really offer more? Given that he is 8 years Dahoud's senior and he has got 6 years on Zielinski and plays with better players, I don't think you can really say that.

Apps      Sub     Goals      Assists
      Adam Lallana           23        7           4         6
      Mahmoud Dahoud   27        5           5         8
      Piotr Zielinski            35        0           5         4

You talk about playing Lallana in midfield as putting a round peg in a square whole, but maybe he is already in the wrong position. He definitely isn't lighting up the AM role and I think he has some qualities that could make him a success in CM alongside a more defensive player
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1124: Jun 28, 2016 04:19:44 pm

Does he really offer more? Given that he is 8 years Dahoud's senior and he has got 6 years on Zielinski and plays with better players, I don't think you can really say that.

Apps      Sub     Goals      Assists
      Adam Lallana           23        7           4         6
      Mahmoud Dahoud   27        5           5         8
      Piotr Zielinski            35        0           5         4

You talk about playing Lallana in midfield as putting a round peg in a square whole, but maybe he is already in the wrong position. He definitely isn't lighting up the AM role and I think he has some qualities that could make him a success in CM alongside a more defensive player

You got any stats on successful intercepts, tackles made, aerial ability?

And I bet the other two are less likely to be pushed off the ball as easily as Adam.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1125: Jun 28, 2016 04:29:54 pm
      You got any stats on successful intercepts, tackles made, aerial ability?

And I bet the other two are less likely to be pushed off the ball as easily as Adam.

You just don't like Lallana. I'm not sure why you don't just  leave it at that and move on. It's ok to not like a player for non-footballing reasons, just like it's ok to like one for non-footballing reasons.

Klopp likes him, he's technically sound, works hard and defensively is a hard worker as well. Would like to see him be a better finisher, but he's about what he was at Soton so I'm not sure why people want to turn him into something he's never been (a prolific scorer).

Maybe if our strikers were more prolific, people wouldn't be so worried about our midfielders being goal machines.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1126: Jun 28, 2016 04:37:44 pm
      You just don't like Lallana. I'm not sure why you don't just  leave it at that and move on. It's ok to not like a player for non-footballing reasons, just like it's ok to like one for non-footballing reasons.

Klopp likes him, he's technically sound, works hard and defensively is a hard worker as well. Would like to see him be a better finisher, but he's about what he was at Soton so I'm not sure why people want to turn him into something he's never been (a prolific scorer).

Maybe if our strikers were more prolific, people wouldn't be so worried about our midfielders being goal machines.

The poster has suggested the idea of Lallana playing as one of the two in a 4231 next to Can and I have given my reasons why it's not something I would like to see.

And you sir seem to have a hard on for Adam, when any one suggests his output is poor for an attacking midfielder you bring up nonsense about the strikers needing to score more, maybe they would if Adam created a few more assists!

Quick Reply