Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223355 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1150: Aug 15, 2016 05:37:53 pm
      Screw that...Gini or Hendo can ride the bench for Can to come in.

Not often we agree on Lallana FL but on this occasion we do. I think there's been a lot made of Lallana losing possession which of course is costly and has to be cut out but where was the rest of the midfield to bail him out?

Nah he was far from the biggest offender out there and some of his play in the second half was excellent. I would persist with him in CM, he can provide that connection between mid and attack that we sometimes lack. As would seem obvious though if you're playing a Lallana in a 3 then he requires better defensive players behind him and I don't think Wijnaldum or Hendo fill that role at all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1151: Aug 15, 2016 05:42:20 pm
      Not often we agree on Lallana FL but on this occasion we do. I think there's been a lot made of Lallana losing possession which of course is costly and has to be cut out but where was the rest of the midfield to bail him out?

Nah he was far from the biggest offender out there and some of his play in the second half was excellent. I would persist with him in CM, he can provide that connection between mid and attack that we sometimes lack. As would seem obvious though if you're playing a Lallana in a 3 then he requires better defensive players behind him and I don't think Wijnaldum or Hendo fill that role at all.

Yep, like you said I believe in another thread it's odd that he gets caught out like that, definitely not a normal occurrence and he did supplement our attack quite well. He seems to have a good understanding with Firmino and Coutinho (and even Mane)...so really until he shows otherwise I'd consider him for that role and hopefully get Can in there to do more of the dirty holding work. 
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1152: Aug 15, 2016 06:32:33 pm
      Screw that...Gini or Hendo can ride the bench for Can to come in.

100% agree. Henderson to make way for Can. Lallana adds so much more to our play.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1153: Aug 15, 2016 06:49:33 pm
      would persist with him in CM, he can provide that connection between mid and attack that we sometimes lack.

He seems to have a good understanding with Firmino and Coutinho (and even Mane)...so really until he shows otherwise I'd consider him for that role

That should have been Wijnaldum's job, it's why we paid so much for him, right?
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1154: Aug 16, 2016 01:17:49 pm

IMO that's what Coutinho should be doing instead of being shoved out left.

I did think Lallana looked good in the second half on Sunday but Klopp surely isn't going to drop the captain of the club (or does he give it to someone else) and that only leaves Wijnaldum who we have just bought.

Maybe Can will be warming the bench this season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1155: Aug 23, 2016 10:22:43 pm
      Not really a midfielder, has been poor so far this season and he can't be happy in the role he is being asked to play.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1156: Aug 24, 2016 12:09:29 am
      Not really a midfielder, has been poor so far this season and he can't be happy in the role he is being asked to play.

He's a very bad finisher,  such a shame really.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1157: Aug 24, 2016 02:24:22 am
      Honestly and always hate to say it about any of our players, but he's just such an average footballer and athlete. Average is simply where it begins and when it ends for him.

Just my take on him, always hoping to be proven wrong though when I've got a less-than positive evaluation of one of our own.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1158: Aug 24, 2016 07:58:02 am
      That header he missed in the first half sums him up for me. Didn't want to commit to scoring and taking a hit. He's such a wishy washy type player.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1159: Aug 24, 2016 02:24:35 pm
      He is to soft to play in midfield. He is decent but not great. He needs to improve however Klopp looks like he likes him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1160: Sep 04, 2016 11:16:02 pm
      Well done lad on your England performance .
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1161: Sep 10, 2016 09:16:06 pm
      Did anyone else enjoy the bollocking Lallana gave towards Migs ? :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1162: Sep 10, 2016 09:37:11 pm
      My MOTM today. Didn't do anything wrong and scored the all important third at a time when we were all half expecting Leicester to get an equaliser. Pressing off the ball was outstanding and he was central to so many attacks!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1163: Sep 10, 2016 10:23:54 pm
      My MOTM today. Didn't do anything wrong and scored the all important third at a time when we were all half expecting Leicester to get an equaliser. Pressing off the ball was outstanding and he was central to so many attacks!

I gave it to Firmino but it was a close run thing thing between him and Lallana for me. The lad is scoring goals, two great strikes already and a late winner for England last week. Maybe Adam has turned the corner! I prefer him in that position today rather than the deeper role Jürgen had him playing previously.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #1164: Sep 10, 2016 10:25:57 pm
      IF he can continue to chip in with goals, and assists, while continuing his all round displays he has shown under Klopp, then I think we will see potentially the player we all want.

He just needs to continue to score IMO.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1165: Sep 10, 2016 10:52:40 pm
      Pleased for him as that's what has been missing from him - hopefully we see a few more goals.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1166: Sep 11, 2016 12:52:44 pm
      Broke the record he had already set set this season of distance covered, 13.1k last night. Unreal.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1167: Sep 11, 2016 01:18:14 pm
      Adam Lallana is peaking now it seems. He will be good for 2 or 3 years. We have his contract until July 2019.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1168: Sep 11, 2016 01:28:36 pm
      Adam Lallana is peaking now it seems. He will be good for 2 or 3 years. We have his contract until July 2019.

:f_tongueincheek: I'm going to tell Mike Gordon and his stats guys. He'll be in the market for £35m at the end of the season. A cool profit! :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1169: Sep 11, 2016 01:35:08 pm
      Always rated him. Becoming a top player.

Got himself a regular spot for Liverpool and England. Let's hope he keep its up 👍
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1170: Sep 11, 2016 07:18:01 pm
      Lallana has been very good since Klopp came in. Their styles of play just mesh together so well.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1171: Sep 11, 2016 08:55:10 pm
      Did anyone else enjoy the bollocking Lallana gave towards Migs ? :)

It wasn't just Migs,he served up a few. One of five leaders on the pitch yesterday, which was nice to see, as it has been a while since we had that going on, on the pitch.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1172: Sep 12, 2016 08:49:06 am
      What a F***ing hit.

Keep the goals flowing, Adam.

Quick Reply