Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223386 times
      Redone
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #161: Aug 30, 2014 05:37:25 pm
      says on his fb page that he will play against spur on sunday?
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #162: Aug 30, 2014 05:45:26 pm
      says on his fb page that he will play against spur on sunday?

Rodgers said he'll be in the squad to play against Tottenham so I expect he'll be on the bench and get 15-20 minutes at the end.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #163: Sep 01, 2014 09:39:02 pm
      Jesus was forgetting we have this lad to come in! Lovely!

Where will he get in though?? Nice headache
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #164: Sep 01, 2014 09:44:42 pm
      Jesus was forgetting we have this lad to come in! Lovely!

Where will he get in though?? Nice headache

When fully fit could just slot in for Allen, and have Allen as an impact sub.

Gerrard

Henderson                Lallana

Sterling

Sturridge      Balotelli 

The movement between them and the attacking threat we'd pose is brilliant, Lallana like Hendo makes them runs in behind the defense, still have every faith in that side to score a sh*t load of goals, especially with the likes of Markovic, Coutinho and Lambert to come of the bench who all pose attacking threats.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #165: Sep 02, 2014 06:40:03 pm
      The international break is probably a blessing in disguise for the likes of Lallana, Balotelli, Can, Moreno, and Manquillo.  None of them will be away with their respective national sides, and they will all get to work with BR and Stevie on the training ground to get up to speed and ready for our next match against Villa. 
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #166: Sep 02, 2014 06:45:32 pm
      The international break is probably a blessing in disguise for the likes of Lallana, Balotelli, Can, Moreno, and Manquillo.  None of them will be away with their respective national sides, and they will all get to work with BR and Stevie on the training ground to get up to speed and ready for our next match against Villa. 
      Thought Stevie said he was off on holiday when reporter asked him after Spurs game? Or was it a  :f_tongueincheek: answer?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #167: Sep 02, 2014 06:48:41 pm
      Thought Stevie said he was off on holiday when reporter asked him after Spurs game? Or was it a  :f_tongueincheek: answer?

I would think one of his kids would be in school about now, could be he is just relaxing at home.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #168: Sep 02, 2014 11:00:37 pm
      Nah, he deffo said he's going on holidays.

Posted this in the match thread after the Spuds game.

LFC Dynamo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #169: Sep 19, 2014 08:25:02 pm
      We overpaid but he is quality, our only decent midfielder alongside Hendo (Gerrard isnt the player he was, and plays the CDM poorly). Allen is progressing well now (finally!).
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #170: Sep 22, 2014 03:45:01 pm
      I like him behind the striker not sure if he is suited out wide . Still think he looks very classy on the ball . Forget the fee I think he will perform.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #171: Sep 22, 2014 05:48:08 pm
      Think he was half decent when he came on at the weekend. Personally feel Rodgers got it wrong with him, he shouldn't have been started the 2 previous games, I'd have introduced him around the hour mark and then looked to start him against West Ham.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #172: Sep 22, 2014 06:18:31 pm
      Think he was half decent when he came on at the weekend. Personally feel Rodgers got it wrong with him, he shouldn't have been started the 2 previous games, I'd have introduced him around the hour mark and then looked to start him against West Ham.

Fair point.
      Personally, I think BR sees him as so vital to his attacking plans that he wanted to get him playing and up to match fitness as soon as possible.
      There may even be an element of ego about it (from BR), wanting to prove that Lallana was worth pursuing in the way we did.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #173: Sep 22, 2014 08:10:40 pm
      Can Lallana play as a CM? I'd like to see him as part of midfield 3 with Stevie and Hendo seeing as we looked pathetic in that area of the pitch against Villa and WHU.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #174: Sep 22, 2014 08:22:50 pm
      Can Lallana play as a CM? I'd like to see him as part of midfield 3 with Stevie and Hendo seeing as we looked pathetic in that area of the pitch against Villa and WHU.

He might have to now that Cou, Hendo, Can and Allen are all injured.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #175: Sep 22, 2014 08:29:14 pm
      He might have to now that Cou, Hendo, Can and Allen are all injured.
      Didn't realise about Coutinho and Hendo; I'm assuming BR said in his presser they were out? Worrying times if they're out for any sort of prolonged spell.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #176: Sep 22, 2014 08:33:25 pm
      Didn't realise about Coutinho and Hendo; I'm assuming BR said in his presser they were out? Worrying times if they're out for any sort of prolonged spell.

Still being assessed mate.  Cou, groin and Hendo his hip so no idea how long but yeah Brendan mentioned it in his press conference.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #177: Sep 22, 2014 08:36:47 pm
      Still being assessed mate.  Cou, groin and Hendo his hip so no idea how long but yeah Brendan mentioned it in his press conference.

Actually saw Hendo holding his side in the match against West Ham, was when they had a throw-in on the right with maybe an hour gone, thought he had stitch which I of course thought was strange for him. Suspect he was feeling it then in retrospect.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #178: Sep 22, 2014 08:46:39 pm
      Actually saw Hendo holding his side in the match against West Ham, was when they had a throw-in on the right with maybe an hour gone, thought he had stitch which I of course thought was strange for him. Suspect he was feeling it then in retrospect.

Thought he struggled all game Luke, definitely wasn't his usual self so maybe fatigue played a part in him feeling something wasn't right.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #179: Sep 23, 2014 10:57:17 pm
      Best game so far, can see his fitness is building up. Should be a starter for the derby.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #180: Sep 23, 2014 11:23:57 pm
      Continues playing like tonight he'll be one of the first names on the sheet week in and out.....put in a very nice performance this evening, indicative of what he did when I watched Soton last year.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #181: Sep 23, 2014 11:26:41 pm
      Still think he looks slow, but tonight was very encouraging the best I've seen from him by a country mile, well in Adam.

Seemed plenty fit enough doing sprints back after nearly 2hrs of play, so guessing he'll be in for a run in the side now.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #182: Sep 23, 2014 11:28:02 pm
      Still think he looks slow, but tonight was very encouraging the best I've seen from him by a country mile, well in Adam.

Seemed plenty fit enough doing sprints back after nearly 2hrs of play, so guessing he'll be in for a run in the side now.

Don't feel he's so much fast as quick if that makes sense. He can get out of tight spots and use a burst to create space, but he's not a burner like Raheem.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #183: Sep 23, 2014 11:38:34 pm
      Thought Lallana has a pretty good game today, even if it was against Middlesbrough. Wouldn't mind playing him, but not sure he and Coutinho or Markovic would fit well in the same XI. It's important to maintain a good balance throughout, and the nature of Lallana's game is to force play and Coutinho is no different.

Quick Reply