Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 225084 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #368: Dec 15, 2014 02:37:59 am
      25m for a player with no pace, who seems to be decent on the half turn and just fails to deceive in general.

I was a bit shocked with his lack of speed yesterday looks to have lost  a yard cant play the injury card anymore he's had 3 months to get to peak condition.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,261 posts | 6365 
      Reply #369: Dec 15, 2014 03:00:43 am
      25m for a player with no pace, who seems to be decent on the half turn and just fails to deceive in general.

I was a bit shocked with his lack of speed yesterday looks to have lost  a yard cant play the injury card anymore he's had 3 months to get to peak condition.
      Yea I'm sure those broken ribs don't affect his lungs at all.....

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #370: Dec 15, 2014 03:11:39 am
      Yea I'm sure those broken ribs don't affect his lungs at all.....

We have had this debate.

Prior to broken ribs he was still getting splinters in his arse the situation with Adam is one of many here at the moment that are irrational and void of logic.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #371: Dec 15, 2014 05:12:00 am
      He was there waiting for a tap in when all Raheem had to do was side pass to him but na, Raheem goes for the tightest of angles on his left peg as well and De Gea is just standing there ready to block.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #372: Dec 15, 2014 05:29:36 am
      Agreed .He should've passed to him and put in a great ball for him before that.I didnt think he did anything wrong yesterday.Probably was the better player than all of them in the first half.People saying Coutinho is better than him is a complete joke.Guess you only see 1 out of 5 matches
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #373: Dec 15, 2014 10:24:05 am
      Another one who played well but is getting slagged off by all and sundry. There's many a pro in his shoes would just sit games out until his ribs have completely healed, but he comes out and plays and is the best out there in the first half but gets slaughtered. I don't get it and I don't know what people expect of him. In the first half he could reasonably have expected to be credited with:

An assist-the little dink to Sterling was a sublime little nudge, requiring vision, skill and touch. Had Sterling buried it, that'd been one in the "assist" column. Of course he didn't, and when Man U cleared and scored 35 seconds later people slagged Lallana as he hadn't quite managed to sprint the whole length of the pitch to cover.

A goal: Had Raheem squared the second chance he'd have had a tap-in.

Had either or both of these things happened, people would be saying he's a genius.   
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #374: Dec 15, 2014 10:28:43 am
      Agreed .He should've passed to him and put in a great ball for him before that.I didnt think he did anything wrong yesterday.Probably was the better player than all of them in the first half.People saying Coutinho is better than him is a complete joke.Guess you only see 1 out of 5 matches

Mate Coutinho is miles ahead of Lallana. Much more exciting to watch.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #375: Dec 15, 2014 12:30:16 pm

Not right now. Currently, no one is miles ahead of anyone in this team. They are all the same.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #376: Dec 15, 2014 02:03:46 pm

£23 million signing Adam Lallana has cracked the top speed of any Liverpool player at the FIFA World Cup.

Statistics compiled by FIFA, clocking a player's top sprint speed, record the former Southampton midfielder as quicker than any of his new teammates.

Lallana recorded 31.2 kilometres per hour, way short of Costa Rica's Junior Diaz' top speed of 33.8, but enough to be Liverpool's quickest.

1) Adam Lallana 31.2 k/ph

2) Yaya Toure 30.7

3) Raheem Sterling 30.7

4) Daniel Sturridge 29.9

5) Glen Johnson 29.4

Lallana is not a player typically known for his pace, but seeing him outgun Raheem Sterling illustrates another asset to his game he can bring to Liverpool this season, and why he fits the mould of player manager Brendan Rodgers is seeking.

One Liverpool player, Sebastian Coates actually outranks Lallana on 31.6 k/ph, but considering he played only two minutes the entire World Cup, this can be considered a statistical anomaly.

Former Liverpool loanee Victor Moses also outpaced Lallana narrowly, his exploits with Nigeria seeing him reach a speed of 31.4  k/ph.

Potential signing Divock Origi of Belgium also illustrated his pace, 30.7 k/ph, while Luis Suarez, linked with an exit to Barceloan, reached 28.7 k/ph as his top speed.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/08/official-top-five-fastest-liverpool-players-at-the-world-cup-acc/
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #377: Dec 15, 2014 04:03:20 pm

Ever heard of the phrase stats and damn lies.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #378: Dec 15, 2014 04:49:03 pm
      Another one who played well but is getting slagged off by all and sundry. There's many a pro in his shoes would just sit games out until his ribs have completely healed, but he comes out and plays and is the best out there in the first half but gets slaughtered. I don't get it and I don't know what people expect of him. In the first half he could reasonably have expected to be credited with:

An assist-the little dink to Sterling was a sublime little nudge, requiring vision, skill and touch. Had Sterling buried it, that'd been one in the "assist" column. Of course he didn't, and when Man U cleared and scored 35 seconds later people slagged Lallana as he hadn't quite managed to sprint the whole length of the pitch to cover.

A goal: Had Raheem squared the second chance he'd have had a tap-in.

Had either or both of these things happened, people would be saying he's a genius.   

I think he's a quality player. Some complain because he doesn't score enough but he creates quite a few chances, we just don't have the people in the team to finish those chances. The pass he made in behind United's defence for Raheem to try and finish was superb. He is so technically sound on the ball and rarely tries to do silly things to give the ball away. Unlike Coutinho too, he isn't a lazy f**ker when it comes to tracking back and doing his defensive duties either. He isn't the quickest but I never knew being as quick as Usain Bolt was compulsory, is this FIFA?

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #379: Dec 15, 2014 04:58:33 pm
      Lallana was a f**king stupid signing.

He isn't a bad player at all - but he's not as good as Coutinho or Sterling ( or Markovich long-term IMO) so he'll be on the bench when everyone is fit. We couldn't afford to spend £25m on a bench player when our team needed improving in various key areas - Goalie, defensive midfielder and a quality STRIKER.

So far he is out only decent signing of the Summer on performances. How F***ing stupid would our signings look had we not signed him?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #380: Dec 15, 2014 09:52:06 pm

he's as injury proned as sturridge and we were warned about throwing so much money on him
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #381: Dec 15, 2014 10:00:09 pm
      he's as injury proned as sturridge and we were warned about throwing so much money on him

Really? A quick look at Lallana's stats from the past 3-4 years show that only in 2012/13 season did he have any injury problems, but even then he still managed to make 30 EPL appearances. In 2011/12 he started 38 league matches (still in the Championship then) and in 2013/14 he played every single EPL game.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #382: Dec 15, 2014 10:10:44 pm
      I read an article where this was mentioned as a problem when we were interested in him and a reason why the scum didn't want him.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #383: Dec 15, 2014 10:16:42 pm

Sebastian Coates outranks Lallana?!

Now I have heard  and read it all.

What a flawed statistic.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #384: Dec 16, 2014 12:00:37 pm
      Im not talking about once in 5 matches.On his day Coutinho is better.I would rather have a consistent player than once a 5 match hit.
      « Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014 02:52:04 pm by Gill95 »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #385: Dec 16, 2014 12:12:27 pm

Injury prone as Sturridge? You're smoking something today :D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,315 posts | 2810 
      Reply #386: Dec 17, 2014 11:49:56 pm
      Absolute joy to watch tonight, loved that flick to set up Sterling in the second half.

Really do think he's going to be a massive player for us in the next few years, can't wait to see him when we've got Sturridge back as well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,261 posts | 6365 
      Reply #387: Dec 18, 2014 02:13:38 am
      Lallana is class, he could easily step in for Coutinho and do just as good a job.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #388: Dec 18, 2014 02:49:53 am
      Lallana is class, he could easily step in for Coutinho and do just as good a job.

Good to hear he had a good game hoping he can build on this now and take it to the Arsenal game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,261 posts | 6365 
      Reply #389: Dec 18, 2014 12:42:40 pm
      And to be clear, I wouldn't want him to replace Coutinho per se, I think those two on the pitch at the same time could be lethal. But if Cout is going through a rough patch, Lallana can do the job in his place.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #390: Dec 18, 2014 01:55:55 pm
      Sexiest footballer in the league alongside David Silva. His movement with the ball is awesome. First name on the team sheet if he's fit enough.

Quick Reply