Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 225248 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #437: Feb 03, 2015 01:03:36 pm
      When i said he's injury prone you mocked me.

You are a bit full of yourself...thinking people care that you said it at all.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #438: Feb 03, 2015 01:13:19 pm

He's not that injury prone it's not like he's Danny.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #439: Feb 03, 2015 03:17:09 pm
      I still think we should try Lallana as the 2nd striker when we revert to 2 up front. I really think he can impress next to the likes of Sturridge or Origi and play in the same mould/style as Suarez did, he really does have the attributes to succeed in that position and could save us a lot of money instead of looking to buy that 4th forward :)
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #440: Feb 03, 2015 04:19:13 pm
      Turned out to be a phantom injury. Brendan just locked him in the gym, to put some muscles on. Lallana appears much stronger and muscular as a result now and has obviously struggled in the last couple games. Once he gets used to his changed frame and weight he´ll be hard to take the ball off, literally unstopabble in his surges forward.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #441: Feb 05, 2015 09:12:56 am
      I thought he was average tonight. Saw 'some' glimpses of what he's capable of. To be fair to him though, he's still well short on match fitness and probably still trying to acclimatise to Brendans tactics. Needs to be careful though when he loses the ball. He's a bit rash in trying to atone for his mistakes with several instances of him going through the back of a players legs.

Needs a lot more playing time and also needs to forget about trying to justify himself for the exorbitant fee that was shelled out for him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #442: Feb 15, 2015 09:45:28 am
      Thought he looked the business yesterday. Top notch.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #443: Feb 15, 2015 10:41:40 am
      If he keeps fit, he is one hell of a player. His body frame is tiny but his creative eye is brilliant.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #444: Feb 20, 2015 10:50:43 pm
      If Lallana didn't look like a hipster he'd be getting more detailed cross examination on twitter.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #445: Feb 20, 2015 10:52:44 pm
      Read his interview the other day and found it gobsmackingly honest..  not sure if I liked it but I guess that's the way it is.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #446: Feb 22, 2015 08:28:38 pm
      Needs to grow a pair of balls because he's often too lightweight as part of the front 3. Invisible again today; he needs to realize at a top club one influential game in 4 isn't good enough to keep you in the team.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #447: Feb 22, 2015 08:35:40 pm
      literally did nothing today. 

you know you're in trouble when Joe Allen has more of an impact on a game than you do.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #448: Feb 23, 2015 02:04:10 am
      The more I watch Lallana, the more I'm convinced he's the type that needs a target man up front. He doesn't make those thread balls in behind the defense like Coutinho, he hasn't got the speed to burst past players like Sterling, but what he does well is move about a lot, he seems to be a player that likes to buzz around, playing off other players. Perhaps this is the reason why he hasn't been at his best since joining us?

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #449: Feb 23, 2015 12:54:39 pm
      Probably just me but I didnt see Adams performance that poor yesterday, all considering. Extreme conditions, constant booing from some sections of home fans, and our poor build up out the back - its just wasnt the game for a dribbler like him to shine. Still he has shown some great touches in tight areas and put a lot of hard albeit unnoticed donkey work in. I bet he will be back with an assist or goal in the next games and all will be good again. Quality team player.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #450: Feb 23, 2015 01:09:09 pm
      i think he's still not 100% recovered from his last injury and will be used as an impact player or taken off in games as i dont think he can sustain the pace for a full 90 which kinda makes you think why did we pay so much for him if he's not getting what Saints got from him. BR seems to not want to keep him on for a full 90 and is the first to come off, maybe once he's back to his full fitness we will start to see him finish games out and score a few more again.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #451: Feb 27, 2015 08:06:11 pm
      What does he do exactly?

Besides slow our attacks down with endless Cruyff turns.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #452: Feb 27, 2015 08:08:43 pm
      What does he do exactly?

That's pretty tough on the lad fella.

He did come on and score the winner in the cup a couple of games back if I remember rightly.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #453: Feb 27, 2015 08:11:23 pm
      That's pretty tough on the lad fella.

He did come on and score the winner in the cup a couple of games back if I remember rightly.

Ryan Babel scored the odd goal here and there too...
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #454: Feb 27, 2015 08:16:00 pm

Ryan Babel scored the odd goal here and there too...

We haven't seen the best of Adam as yet, I thought he was one of our better players early in the season despite coming off of no pre season but he has been hit and miss since coming back for the injury he sustained prior to Christmas. I've seen enough to suggest he can still be a good player for us. He has scored a couple of important goals this season, I like his work rate, I like his ability to make a bit of space for himself and others in tight areas and funnily those cryff turns do work for him from time to time. He will have a better LFC career than Ryan Babel, I'm pretty confident of that, at least I bloody hope he does
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #455: Feb 27, 2015 09:47:58 pm
      What does he do exactly?

Are there any of our players that you actually like? And to further that question, is it possible for you to like a player for attributes other than whether they are unstoppable on the pitch? I mean is it in you to like a player even though they are up and down from time to time (Joe Allen) or even though they aren't scoring a goal every game?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #456: Feb 27, 2015 11:38:58 pm
      Are there any of our players that you actually like? And to further that question, is it possible for you to like a player for attributes other than whether they are unstoppable on the pitch? I mean is it in you to like a player even though they are up and down from time to time (Joe Allen) or even though they aren't scoring a goal every game?

Joe Allen isn't "up and down from time to time."  He's been terrible for 90% of his career.  He's almost always down.  He had a very solid 60 minutes away at Besiktas.  But he had about 20 terrible games before that and he'll have another 20 likely after that.

By players I "like" I assume you mean players I rate.  Among the ones I have no doubts about are:

--Coutinho
      --Sterling
      --Sakho
      --Ibe
      --Can
      --Sturridge

In fact I wouldn't mind if we literally got rid of everyone else this summer and built the squad around these players, using them as the backbone for the next 10 years.  They are the ones I really rate without a doubt.

The rest fall on a spectrum from absolutely useless to moderately overrated to good but not great.

But I am of course willing to change my mind.  Mignolet for example was one of the worst keepers in the league for the last year or so but in the last month or so he's come back and has looked a completely different player.  Fair play to him for addressing whatever made him terrible.

But yea.  Our squad just isn't good enough.  Overrated players in my mind (i.e., not terrible but nothing special) are the likes of Henderson, Lallana, etc; useless players are the likes of Borini, Allen, Lovren, Johnson, Lambert etc.  What you call "up and down" players I would apply to players like Lucas, Mignolet, Enrique, and Skrtel---players who at least at some points have shown that they are capable of playing well and do so in stretches but not consistently.   The jury is still out for me on players like Moreno, Balotelli, and Manquillo.

I'm just tired of mediocre players.  Is that allowed?

And please don't talk to me about City and Chelsea and blah blah blah.  We're not exactly paupers.  We've spent more than £200m on transfer fees alone in the last few years.  And when you spend £25m, £20m on a player, you would expect that player to at least be halfway decent.

So yea.  I am tired of mediocrity.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #457: Feb 28, 2015 01:22:55 am
      Federer reminds me of my old man. He is the reason I support LFC, but we are totally different types and fans. I agree Fed might seem too blunt for some members here, but I for one cannot really question his love for the club, because I know he is just a different type of supporter.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #458: Feb 28, 2015 08:25:17 am
      Federer reminds me of my old man. He is the reason I support LFC, but we are totally different types and fans. I agree Fed might seem too blunt for some members here, but I for one cannot really question his love for the club, because I know he is just a different type of supporter.

I think you can question his love, or at least you should try and temper it, much like George tries to do for Lennie and his love of rabbits or other things he wants to pet in Of Mice & men.  ;)
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #459: Feb 28, 2015 08:37:59 am
      Joe Allen isn't "up and down from time to time."  He's been terrible for 90% of his career.  He's almost always down.  He had a very solid 60 minutes away at Besiktas.  But he had about 20 terrible games before that and he'll have another 20 likely after that.

By players I "like" I assume you mean players I rate.  Among the ones I have no doubts about are:

--Coutinho
      --Sterling
      --Sakho
      --Ibe
      --Can
      --Sturridge

In fact I wouldn't mind if we literally got rid of everyone else this summer and built the squad around these players, using them as the backbone for the next 10 years.  They are the ones I really rate without a doubt.

The rest fall on a spectrum from absolutely useless to moderately overrated to good but not great.

But I am of course willing to change my mind.  Mignolet for example was one of the worst keepers in the league for the last year or so but in the last month or so he's come back and has looked a completely different player.  Fair play to him for addressing whatever made him terrible.

But yea.  Our squad just isn't good enough.  Overrated players in my mind (i.e., not terrible but nothing special) are the likes of Henderson, Lallana, etc; useless players are the likes of Borini, Allen, Lovren, Johnson, Lambert etc.  What you call "up and down" players I would apply to players like Lucas, Mignolet, Enrique, and Skrtel---players who at least at some points have shown that they are capable of playing well and do so in stretches but not consistently.   The jury is still out for me on players like Moreno, Balotelli, and Manquillo.

I'm just tired of mediocre players.  Is that allowed?

And please don't talk to me about City and Chelsea and blah blah blah.  We're not exactly paupers.  We've spent more than £200m on transfer fees alone in the last few years.  And when you spend £25m, £20m on a player, you would expect that player to at least be halfway decent.

So yea.  I am tired of mediocrity.

Absolutely spot on mate !

Quick Reply