Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 225155 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #621: May 15, 2015 11:16:22 am
      Massive flop, and was doubtful about this signing from the start.

Not a massive flop for me.

In and out of the side,  partly due to injuries, partly due to the manager not selecting him and 4 league goals in 21 starts.

Not exactly set the world on fire but not a huge flop either.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #622: May 15, 2015 09:01:39 pm
      It's kind of a myth that Lallana has been poor this season. He hasn't been over-the-moon great, but he hasn't been bad either. If you sit down and crunch the numbers and look at averages, he actually comes pretty close to matching Coutinho in a number of different categories per 90 minutes. Stats can always be twisted, of course, and there's more to judging a player, but even without any numbers whatsoever, Lallana is clearly a talented, gifted footballer who's just been a bit inconsistent at times this year.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #623: May 15, 2015 10:29:55 pm
      It's kind of a myth that Lallana has been poor this season. He hasn't been over-the-moon great, but he hasn't been bad either. If you sit down and crunch the numbers and look at averages, he actually comes pretty close to matching Coutinho in a number of different categories per 90 minutes. Stats can always be twisted, of course, and there's more to judging a player, but even without any numbers whatsoever, Lallana is clearly a talented, gifted footballer who's just been a bit inconsistent at times this year.

Stats or no stats for a £25M signing he has been lets be generous dissapointing. I know the fee is not his fault but when a player comes in at that cost you expect more than what we have seen so far irrespective of his injuries. You expect that player to hit the ground running straight away, after all he is no youngster and has PL experience.

My main worries with Lallana are that he seems to have good feet, a few tricks up his sleeve but he just can't accelerate past a player and in this league in his position that is vital.
      His finishing when presented with an opportunity has been poor and as others have suggested he is very easy to knock off the ball because of his sleight frame.

Hopefully next season a fully fit Lallana will deliver more than he has so far but Im sceptical.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #624: May 15, 2015 10:38:45 pm
      Stats or no stats for a £25M signing he has been lets be generous dissapointing. I know the fee is not his fault but when a player comes in at that cost you expect more than what we have seen so far irrespective of his injuries. You expect that player to hit the ground running straight away, after all he is no youngster and has PL experience.

Fair enough point and I am a fan of the player and did expect a bit more but I also think he has been dropped out of the side at times when he has been one of our better players and I brought this up at the time. I thought he was Brendan's main transfer target last summer and found it strange that he found himself losing out quite often even when he had played quite well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #625: May 15, 2015 10:43:31 pm
      Fair enough point and I am a fan of the player and did expect a bit more but I also think he has been dropped out of the side at times when he has been one of our better players and I brought this up at the time. I thought he was Brendan's main transfer target last summer and found it strange that he found himself losing out quite often even when he had played quite well.

I don't think he's been consistently fit Si. Or if he has, possibly Brendan doesn't think he's been fit. Or he's pulled him out to accomodate other players (like Gerrard or Sterling?).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #626: May 15, 2015 10:50:14 pm
      I don't think he's been consistently fit Si. Or if he has, possibly Brendan doesn't think he's been fit. Or he's pulled him out to accomodate other players (like Gerrard or Sterling?).

He has had his injuries FL but I do recall being annoyed with him beinf dropped even when he was fit and having played well. I think yuo and I even discussed it at the time.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #627: May 15, 2015 11:20:01 pm

My main worries with Lallana are that he seems to have good feet, a few tricks up his sleeve but he just can't accelerate past a player and in this league in his position that is vital.
      His finishing when presented with an opportunity has been poor and as others have suggested he is very easy to knock off the ball because of his sleight frame.

Hopefully next season a fully fit Lallana will deliver more than he has so far but Im sceptical.

A bit difficult to hit the ground running when you don't have a preseason, though. Plus by the time Lallana was fit, Sturridge had gotten injured himself and our dog sh*t form was just about to start. He was integral when we shifted to 3-4-3 and started looking a hell of a lot better -- and then he got injured, again. That has been the most disappointing thing for me, not his performances.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #628: May 15, 2015 11:28:47 pm
      Agreed, but Lovren has been decent.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #629: May 16, 2015 04:13:30 am
      Lallana looks class to me, when he's been fit, I don't get the he should be a 15 mil rather than 25 mil player. Fans are acting worse than the owners here.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2015 02:28:59 pm by fishpie »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #630: May 16, 2015 12:27:57 pm
      I'm very disappointed we never really got to see the best of him. Really hoping he pulls the finger out, gets down to work on his fitness in particular and makes a run at the team.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #631: May 16, 2015 01:11:53 pm
      I'm very disappointed we never really got to see the best of him. Really hoping he pulls the finger out, gets down to work on his fitness in particular and makes a run at the team.

Hasn't fitness always been a problem for him? I'm not 100% sure on this but I think he got brought off a fair bit for Southampton.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #632: May 16, 2015 01:16:12 pm
      Hasn't fitness always been a problem for him? I'm not 100% sure on this but I think he got brought off a fair bit for Southampton.

Just checked out 2013-2014 stats for Lallana at Soton and he played a full 90 quite a few times.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #633: May 16, 2015 11:40:50 pm
      Took his goal well today and was the biggest threat on the pitch; don't understand him getting subbed every week.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #634: May 17, 2015 04:10:44 pm
      That finish by Lallana was excellent. Definitely going to be an integral player next season, and I'd build the team around getting Coutinho and Lallana on the pitch at the same time.

Took his goal well today and was the biggest threat on the pitch; don't understand him getting subbed every week.

People say it's a stamina issue, but I think it comes down to him not conserving his energy and spreading it out over 90 minutes. It always seems like he does more high intensity running than the rest of the players, making it seem like he burns out more or faster. For example, yesterday there was a moment when Lallana closed down the keeper, the keeper cleared 10 yards from midfield or so, and then Lallana was closing down the guy the keeper cleared to.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #635: May 20, 2015 04:20:47 pm
      Two players' stats per 90 minutes, which one is Lallana and who on our team is the other player?

Player 1 - .17 goals, .17 assists, 40.9 successful passes, 1.8 chances created and 1.57 tackles won

Player 2 - .27 goals scored, .16 assists, 31.28 successful passes, 1.71 chances created, 2.08 tackles won

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #636: May 20, 2015 04:38:05 pm
      Two players' stats per 90 minutes, which one is Lallana and who on our team is the other player?

Player 1 - .17 goals, .17 assists, 40.9 successful passes, 1.8 chances created and 1.57 tackles won

Player 2 - .27 goals scored, .16 assists, 31.28 successful passes, 1.71 chances created, 2.08 tackles won

Player 2 = Coutinho, Player 1 = Lallana?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #637: May 20, 2015 04:55:28 pm
      Lallana is a good player. I'm not convinced he's among the very best but he's definitely a good one who can help our team. He was inconsistent this season, but injuries and playing for a team that went through considerable changes in the squad haven't helped. The next season is a massive one for him. I'm sure he knows that and is looking forward to do better.

With the help of Squawka: Player 1 is Coutinho; Player 2 is Lallana.

I've also added Sterling to the mix:

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #638: May 20, 2015 05:09:56 pm

Lallana is a good player. I'm not convinced he's among the very best but he's definitely a good one who can help our team. He was inconsistent this season, but injuries and playing for a team that went through considerable changes in the squad haven't helped. The next season is a massive one for him. I'm sure he knows that and is looking forward to do better.

With the help of Squawka: Player 1 is Coutinho; Player 2 is Lallana.

I've also added Sterling to the mix:

Yep, made this point a week or two ago. If you sit and crunch the numbers, Lallana and Coutinho average pretty closely to one another's stats per 90 minutes in the league. Coutinho, to be fair, has a larger sampling having played 1,000 more minutes.

There's more to judging a player, of course, but found the numbers interesting. Sometimes, one's perception of a player positively or negatively influences his or her opinion of that player.

As it is, Coutinho and Lallana are wonderful footballers and I want them both on the pitch at the same time. So skillful.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #639: May 25, 2015 10:02:44 pm
      very skillful player on his day

disappointing season overall

see you next season, injury free please
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      Reply #640: May 31, 2015 02:26:41 pm
      Really hope the fans give Adam an easy ride next season.  Given a good pre-season, full fitness and fewer international distractions, he'll be immense for us.  Hope we don't drive players with his ability away by judging them on the back of one massively-disrupted season.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #641: May 31, 2015 02:33:15 pm
      Really hope the fans give Adam an easy ride next season.  Given a good pre-season, full fitness and fewer international distractions, he'll be immense for us.  Hope we don't drive players with his ability away by judging them on the back of one massively-disrupted season.

An easy way for him, to get an easy ride.  Be fit to play and play well.  Don't play bloody well, don't bloody well play, something Rodgers forgot this season, with some players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #642: May 31, 2015 02:33:26 pm
      Lallana would be a worthy player in ANY Premier League side. He's had a difficult season and with injuries and such you always feel he was playing catch up.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #643: May 31, 2015 02:39:31 pm
      An easy way for him, to get an easy ride.  Be fit to play and play well.  Don't play bloody well, don't bloody well play, something Rodgers forgot this season, with some players.

Very true Rodders, very true.

Quick Reply