Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223409 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #713: Aug 19, 2015 04:10:59 pm
      Ironically, wasn't there a big stink created by some in the transfer board about a striker's passing accuracy? Was it Benteke's?

There was. Couldn't quite get my head around that one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #714: Aug 19, 2015 05:02:33 pm
      Ironically, wasn't there a big stink created by some in the transfer board about a striker's passing accuracy? Was it Benteke's?

Yes, it was Federer I believe. But I could be wrong...but even if I'm wrong, you can't blame me because most crazy things said on here in the negative are likely to have come from Fed. So yes...I'm playing the odds a bit. Sue me.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #715: Aug 19, 2015 05:57:58 pm
      TAW saying Ibe/Lallana playing because Firmino not yet up to speed so they are going slow with both of them; fitness issues with Can....in the end they expect both those two players to be in the starting XI with Ibe/Lallana on the bench.

They were saying Brendan is giving him his chance now because no excuses/injuries....they expect him to not grab the brass ring and be relegated to sub-duty/Europa
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #716: Aug 19, 2015 06:08:13 pm
      Against Bournemouth I couldn't help but think there was a desperate attempt for Lallana to play well. Since signing for us he has played out wide in the 4-3-3, pretty sure he has played in the middle of the attack in the 4-3-3, on the wing in midfield and he has played in the middle of the park and the one thing he has in common with every position he has played for us is that he has been utter crap in all of them. It's like we try him in all positions in the hope he will play well in one of them but all he does is a stupid little turn all the time and then gives it away.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #717: Aug 19, 2015 06:22:59 pm
      Against Bournemouth I couldn't help but think there was a desperate attempt for Lallana to play well. Since signing for us he has played out wide in the 4-3-3, pretty sure he has played in the middle of the attack in the 4-3-3, on the wing in midfield and he has played in the middle of the park and the one thing he has in common with every position he has played for us is that he has been utter crap in all of them. It's like we try him in all positions in the hope he will play well in one of them but all he does is a stupid little turn all the time and then gives it away.

I must need my eyes tested, cos I thought he played well against Bournemouth, and in plenty of games last season as well.

I think cos we were sh*t last season, a lot of fans blamed it on the summer signings ( when, as I've said before, the problem with that transfer window wasn't who we signed, but who we didnt - ie a goal scorer).  Since Lallana was the most expensive signing, he was cast as the biggest flop ( well, except for maybe Lovren, who actually was sh*t).

Either I've got a blind spot about him, or a hell of a lot of fans have, cos I dont recognise the player thats being described by most posters.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #718: Aug 19, 2015 06:27:59 pm
      TAW saying Ibe/Lallana playing because Firmino not yet up to speed so they are going slow with both of them; fitness issues with Can....in the end they expect both those two players to be in the starting XI with Ibe/Lallana on the bench.

They were saying Brendan is giving him his chance now because no excuses/injuries....they expect him to not grab the brass ring and be relegated to sub-duty/Europa

What most sensible people have been saying as well AZ.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #719: Aug 19, 2015 06:28:14 pm
      Either I've got a blind spot about him, or a hell of a lot of fans have, cos I dont recognise the player thats being described by most posters.

You must have the blind spot.

He's like Downing, too good for the mid table team but not good enough to be in a team where there are real expectations.

To think, this guy actually cost us more than Luis Suarez or Daniel Sturridge and Coutinho combined. Players that actually provide goals, assists and real creativity.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #720: Aug 19, 2015 06:28:15 pm
      I must need my eyes tested, cos I thought he played well against Bournemouth, and in plenty of games last season as well.

I think cos we were sh*t last season, a lot of fans blamed it on the summer signings ( when, as I've said before, the problem with that transfer window wasn't who we signed, but who we didnt - ie a goal scorer).  Since Lallana was the most expensive signing, he was cast as the biggest flop ( well, except for maybe Lovren, who actually was sh*t).

He puts in a shift...he works hard and seems like a good guy.

Fact of the matter is he was brought in to provide goals and creativity and there is very little in both departments.

These past two matches and perhaps even Arsenal are a chance for him to step up and make his mark...so far he has done very little; eventually Firmino is going to take his spot and that will be that.

You must have the blind spot.

He's like Downing, too good for the mid table team but not good enough to be in a team where there are real expectations.

To think, this guy actually cost us more than Luis Suarez or Daniel Sturridge and Coutinho combined.

Think there is a lot of truth to this....at 10 million or so would have made the perfect player to come off the bench because he does have versatility ...at 25 million, expected to be an integral part of our starting XI has been an abject failure so far.

Convert him into a back of DM....use him in cups...do whatever we have to get some use out of him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #721: Aug 19, 2015 06:31:10 pm

He puts in a shift...he works hard and seems like a good guy.

Fact of the matter is he was brought in to provide goals and creativity and there is very little in both departments.

These past two matches and perhaps even Arsenal are a chance for him to step up and make his mark...so far he has done very little; eventually Firmino is going to take his spot and that will be that.

But Firmino was always going to be a starter, it doesn't really matter how Lallana plays, as Firmino will be a starter as soon as he's fully fit and ready to go.

So the question becomes, was he ALWAYS going to replace Lallana or is Ibe on borrowed time, because right now, those two are the players that to me would be the first to be dropped to accomodate Firmino. And to be honest, with Hendo out, Lallana will probably slot into his role so possibly no one needs dropping yet (until Can is a full time starter as well).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #722: Aug 19, 2015 06:32:02 pm
      But Firmino was always going to be a starter, it doesn't really matter how Lallana plays, as Firmino will be a starter as soon as he's fully fit and ready to go.

So the question becomes, was he ALWAYS going to replace Lallana or is Ibe on borrowed time, because right now, those two are the players that to me would be the first to be dropped to accomodate Firmino. And to be honest, with Hendo out, Lallana will probably slot into his role so possibly no one needs dropping yet (until Can is a full time starter as well).

I would say out of the two Ibe would be the one to miss out FL.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #723: Aug 19, 2015 06:32:55 pm
      And people need to stop hanging the price tag on players. Prices are what they are, especially for English talent. A players fee should have little to do with their expectations. In fact, if you want to worry about the fiscal side of it...you should look more at their weekly wages to see if we are getting enough "value".

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #724: Aug 19, 2015 06:33:35 pm
      I would say out of the two Ibe would be the one to miss out FL.

I agree Si. I like him, but at the moment, I think it's more of a luxury to be able to get him first team experience.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #725: Aug 19, 2015 06:39:07 pm
      I agree Si. I like him, but at the moment, I think it's more of a luxury to be able to get him first team experience.

I'm a fan as well mate as you know but I don't have in in our best, fully fit, 11.

But we need much more than a first 11 this season so having a player like him is essential.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #726: Aug 20, 2015 07:19:52 pm
      Still feel he is a damn good player
      In the mould of a houghton or at times, a Beardsley.
      It's almost as if he is a player from yester year.
      Would have been excellent in our teams of the 80's to early 90's.
      Reckon he will start to deliver very soon.
      Well, I bloody well hope so because he can be equally frustrating and beautiful to watch at times.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #727: Aug 20, 2015 07:37:32 pm
      Well, I bloody well hope so because he can be equally frustrating and beautiful to watch at times.
      He's a class player, who's brave in possession, and will also put his foot in and do the hard work. Sounds like an old school LFC player to me.

( Beardo is an awful lot to live up to though. Maybe a touch of the Patrick Berger?)

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #728: Aug 20, 2015 07:49:00 pm
      Beardsley and Lallana in the same sentence.

Now I've heard everything.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #729: Aug 20, 2015 08:11:17 pm

Think a better comparison would be Benayoun, sadly at the moment without the incise passing. I think part of the problem is people are expecting Lallana to play like a £25million pound player when he was never worth that. Better to forget the fee and concentrate on whether he is worth a first team place.

I think like Benayoun he will eventually find himself playing off the bench more than starting, but like Benayoun I think he is more than capable of making a good contribution.     
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #730: Aug 20, 2015 08:14:23 pm

Consider you use hyperbole yourself, I thought you'd be more forgiving when others did.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #731: Aug 20, 2015 08:24:08 pm

Hence the 'at times' and that he, lallana is a player that would be better suited to some of our teams from the past.
      It's an opinion. Stand by it.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #732: Aug 20, 2015 08:25:23 pm
      Think a better comparison would be Benayoun, sadly at the moment without the incise passing. I think part of the problem is people are expecting Lallana to play like a £25million pound player when he was never worth that. Better to forget the fee and concentrate on whether he is worth a first team place.

I think like Benayoun he will eventually find himself playing off the bench more than starting, but like Benayoun I think he is more than capable of making a good contribution.     

Agree on the yossi comparison.
      Both very talented but can be infuriating at times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #733: Aug 20, 2015 08:46:52 pm

Benayoun - not a bad shout.
      Bit more dig than Yossi though.
      I'm trying to think of somebody he really reminds me of but I'm struggling.

Unusual player, but quality, in my opinion.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #734: Aug 20, 2015 08:51:56 pm
      Still not really  brendan is sure what lallana's best position is, whether it is a bit deeper as an out and out midfielder or pushed further forwards
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #735: Aug 20, 2015 09:47:34 pm
      Still not really  brendan is sure what lallana's best position is, whether it is a bit deeper as an out and out midfielder or pushed further forwards

If we were playing in the 80's he'd either play on the flanks or as the number 7 behind the main striker

Quick Reply