Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 224910 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #805: Sep 25, 2015 01:06:47 pm
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #806: Sep 25, 2015 04:15:13 pm
      Really love seeing lallana when he playing well. Hasnt happened often but he can be a beautiful player to watch at times.
      It staggers me that so many players come to our club and utterly lose their way.
      Not saying for one second that he is a great but how can it be that so many signings appear to drown in the weight of the shirt.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,038 posts | 335 
      Reply #807: Sep 26, 2015 09:40:23 am
      Really love seeing lallana when he playing well. Hasnt happened often but he can be a beautiful player to watch at times.
      It staggers me that so many players come to our club and utterly lose their way.
      Not saying for one second that he is a great but how can it be that so many signings appear to drown in the weight of the shirt.

Probably because so many of us are on their backs, branding them "sh*te" at every opportunity. 

Too many fans think its a game of Football Manager 2015, not human beings they're watching.  Watch how Leicester fans get behind their lads, whatever the state of play, and how it lifts them beyond themselves.  That's why I love LFC, because we used to do that.  And it worked. 

We are meant to be the best supporters in the game.  Can we really lay claim to that now, hand on heart?  Boo boys and whingers, most of us.  See positivity thread...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #808: Sep 29, 2015 07:17:18 am
      I think that Lallana's best position is already taken by Coutinho, while injuries and constant changes in his position, filling in rather than making any one position his own have made it harder for him to settle and expectations being too high haven't helped either. He really needs to start imposing himself on games if he is ever to win a regular spot in the team.

Last season he played 27 games scored 5 goals and created 32 chances. By comparison Gerrard (who so called had such a terrible season) in his first 19 games last season scored 5 goals and created almost double the number of chances per game - 41 chances.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #809: Oct 01, 2015 10:12:22 pm
      I think that Lallana's best position is already taken by Coutinho

Got his chance tonight and I actually think he did very well, albeit against low tier opposition. Thought before the game that it was set up for him to put in a decent performance but to be fair to him he still did very well.

Has to be on corner duty, much better deliveries than either Coutinho or Ibe and really should have bagged himself at least one more goal. I liked that he did make runs into the box though, something we don't seem to get too much when we play Coutinho in the 10 role and with our lack of goals something we need.

One of the few to come out of the game with credit tonight.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #810: Oct 02, 2015 03:26:22 pm
      Got his chance tonight and I actually think he did very well, albeit against low tier opposition. Thought before the game that it was set up for him to put in a decent performance but to be fair to him he still did very well.

Has to be on corner duty, much better deliveries than either Coutinho or Ibe and really should have bagged himself at least one more goal. I liked that he did make runs into the box though, something we don't seem to get too much when we play Coutinho in the 10 role and with our lack of goals something we need.

One of the few to come out of the game with credit tonight.

Agree totally. Lallana's runs into the box were always well-timed, and his pressing is usually very effective.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #811: Oct 02, 2015 06:50:38 pm
      Need this guy to step up. Expect him to play at the weekend, he's one of the senior players and should be a leader.

Cmon ta F**k Adam, look for the ball, be confident, be positive.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #812: Oct 02, 2015 06:52:32 pm
      8 goals in about 50 games for a £25mill, purely attack minded player really isn't good enough.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #813: Oct 02, 2015 06:54:54 pm
      8 goals in about 50 games for a £25mill, purely attack minded player really isn't good enough.

Yea, need that guy we used to see dribbling past 2 or 3 fellas and slotting home for S'hamton
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #814: Oct 02, 2015 07:36:47 pm
      I can only assume he is shackled.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #815: Oct 02, 2015 11:10:10 pm

He's never been worth £25m so it's our stupid fault for stumping up the fee. 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #816: Oct 05, 2015 12:35:45 pm
      Fresh start for the likes of him and others with new manager. no loyailty ties means they all need to perform to start.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #817: Oct 09, 2015 07:58:21 pm
      Watching Adam tonight for England to see if there is an extra spring in his step and a higher level of commitment to send a message back to his new boss at Anfield!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #818: Oct 09, 2015 08:10:21 pm
      Watching Adam tonight for England to see if there is an extra spring in his step and a higher level of commitment to send a message back to his new boss at Anfield!

He's looking as predictable as ever. That stupid drag back followed by him running around in a circle.
      Pa7rick
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #819: Oct 10, 2015 09:16:34 am
      Watching Adam lallana playing last night I thought him and clyne had a O.K understanding of each other's game but I agree that he MUST up his game and goal ratio
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,038 posts | 335 
      Reply #820: Oct 11, 2015 06:16:46 pm
      He needs a run of games in his best position, like most players. Until that happens he'll continue to be open to criticism from fans who expect dynamite every game.
      It'll be interesting to see what Jürgen makes of the Lallana dilemma - Brendan didn't know what to do with him.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #821: Oct 12, 2015 12:21:31 pm
      Reading on another site that Lallana may be one of the first casualties of Klopp's reign, as Klopp likes players to release the ball quickly and not to hold on to it (apparently he thinks it slows the game down to much), and that players like Allen and Lucas who play the ball quickly may surprise everyone by becoming key components of the team.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #822: Oct 12, 2015 12:25:38 pm
      Reading on another site that Lallana may be one of the first casualties of Klopp's reign, as Klopp likes players to release the ball quickly and not to hold on to it (apparently he thinks it slows the game down to much), and that players like Allen and Lucas who play the ball quickly may surprise everyone by becoming key components of the team.

Seen that as well mate and it does make sense even though Lallana has other qualities that you would expect Klopp to like.

I think Allen in particular may surprise a few at least in the short term.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #823: Oct 17, 2015 08:25:23 pm
      Very impressed with Lallana today.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #824: Oct 17, 2015 08:37:27 pm
      I'm not waxing as lyrical as some today. Thought his intensity and energy was 100% which is good but didn't think he was that good with the ball the many times he had it. Positives to take from his performance though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #825: Oct 18, 2015 06:45:53 am
      Very impressed with Lallana today.

Really? I thought he was very ordinary. Kept losing the ball and his touch was terrible.

Having said that, I watched it as a delayed game after I got home from work, was tired and stoned as F**k.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #826: Oct 18, 2015 07:20:16 am
      Really? I thought he was very ordinary. Kept losing the ball and his touch was terrible.

Having said that, I watched it as a delayed game after I got home from work, was tired and stoned as f**k.

I take it you missed the 6 goals we scored then Ian.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #827: Oct 18, 2015 07:32:34 am

Having said that, I watched it as a delayed game after I got home from work, was tired and stoned as f**k.

Have to agree - the weed didn't deceive you!

I only saw the second half though, but I didn't see Lallana.

There wasn't enough quality in attack midfield yesterday, Lallana, Milner, Origi and Coutinho between them weren't good enough.

Quick Reply