Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223389 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jul 25, 2014 11:59:33 pm
      Never wish injury on a player but the doom and gloom is a bit over the top as he wasn't that good anyway.  We're not going to miss him.

If Coutinho or Sterling got injured on the other hand....

You're a cock.

So i'd imagine Markovic will get a chance to prove himself. Hey, we might even be thanking the heavens that Lallana got injured in a couple of months.

And so are you.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #116: Jul 26, 2014 12:00:33 am

Nah, just your constant drivel, but that' OK Fed, you just keeping being all you can be; your a treasure to this forum.
      JaySee
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #117: Jul 26, 2014 12:02:25 am
      FFS.

Missing pretty much all preseason... it'll be months before he gets fully fit.

Big set back for the lad but we should cope.

Wonder if Brendan will be tempted to go in for someone like Shaqiri knowing it could be Christmas before we see the real Lallana.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #118: Jul 26, 2014 12:22:16 am

it's not "drivel."  He said we will need Lallana's "experience," but he really doesn't have much more experience than a lot of our other players.  How is that irrelevant?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #119: Jul 26, 2014 12:23:37 am
      Thankfully we are well covered in this area, but must be a huge blow for the player as he will probably be playing "catchup" for a good while fitness wise.

LFC_Portugal
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #120: Jul 26, 2014 12:24:07 am
      Adam will be great for us. Really gutted with his injury.

From the little I know about this kind of injury,there are strong possibilities of recovering earlier than the reported 6 weeks. Hope that's the case
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #121: Jul 26, 2014 12:26:07 am
      we really, really don't.  Stevie and Henderson are pretty much guaranteed starters in midfield.  Sterling and Sturridge are guaranteed starters in the front three.  I think Markovic is pretty much guaranteed to start as well in the front three.  That leaves one player left in midfield and there is no way Coutinho is getting dropped on his current form.  We'll line up like this:

Gerrard Henderson
      Coutinho
      Sterling Sturridge Markovic

Lallana is not getting in ahead of any of those players, sorry but it's true.

For someone who knows so much about football you would think you know that Markovic plays mainly on the right. I know BR likes the 4-3-3 but he likes 4-2-3-1 too which he used a lot in his career. Also we know he likes a 4-4-2 diamond. Lallana is much better than you give him credit. I've been reading your post for awhile but it's hard to tell that you are a fan when you complain about LFC players the way you do. I'm not try to pick a fight so if I offended you I apologize.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #122: Jul 26, 2014 12:53:22 am
      F**k off bellend, it was clearly facetious.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #123: Jul 26, 2014 01:02:50 am
      Gutted for him and it's disappointing he'll miss the start of the season.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #124: Jul 26, 2014 02:36:37 am
      it's not "drivel."  He said we will need Lallana's "experience," but he really doesn't have much more experience than a lot of our other players.  How is that irrelevant?

So is the experience Lallana garnered fighting it out in the lower leagues irrelevant in your eyes? I think it'll go a long way on a Tuesday night at Leicester or Burnley.... And sshhh about Toni Kroos, he is earning double what Lallana is = an extra £20M over 5 years (was also in the last year of his contract)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #125: Jul 26, 2014 02:53:59 am
      I have to agree with Federer. On the subject of yawning Scientists don't fully understand why people yawn but they think it could be related to a cooling system for the brain. This makes your reply to Fed is quite discombobulating.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #126: Jul 26, 2014 06:16:50 am
      I was looking forward to seeing Lallana in action, hope he recovers soon, we'll manage fine in the meantime.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #127: Jul 26, 2014 08:22:10 am
      just gutted with this, and sorry for the player, I think HE as us was looking forward to feature in atleast,  1 of our pre season games
       but we have anough midfielders to cope with this , till he is fully fit again

we did well with Luis missing for 6 games last season with only Sturridge as a reliable striker

So GET WELL SOON adam

YNWA
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #128: Jul 26, 2014 08:31:43 am
      very strange that people are talking about us having to "cope" with Lallana's absence, having to "cope" with the absence of a player who has never played a single minute for us, not even in preseason.  Acting like it is some sort of crisis or something.  Having to "cope" without Sterling, ok, without Sturridge, sure, even without Hendo, I would get it---but how is it some sort of issue that needs "coping" with when we have no idea how he will even play?

We bought Stewart Downing for 20m in 2011 and he was supposed to help us out a LOT and ended up doing absolutely nothing.  If he had gotten injured in preseason would anyone have said "we'll be able to cope without him"?!???  of course not, he hadn't proved anything as of yet. 

Until players prove we actually need them on the pitch then there's no point in worrying about their absences.  For all we know Lallana could end up being a dud. 

Let's focus on what we KNOW we can count on, i.e., Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson etc.  If any of those went down then we'd really be in trouble.  As of right now Lallana's injury means absolutely nothing as he likely wasn't going to be a starter even if he had been fit.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #129: Jul 26, 2014 09:06:05 am
      very strange that people are talking about us having to "cope" with Lallana's absence, having to "cope" with the absence of a player who has never played a single minute for us, not even in preseason.  Acting like it is some sort of crisis or something.  Having to "cope" without Sterling, ok, without Sturridge, sure, even without Hendo, I would get it---but how is it some sort of issue that needs "coping" with when we have no idea how he will even play?

We bought Stewart Downing for 20m in 2011 and he was supposed to help us out a LOT and ended up doing absolutely nothing.  If he had gotten injured in preseason would anyone have said "we'll be able to cope without him"?!???  of course not, he hadn't proved anything as of yet. 

Until players prove we actually need them on the pitch then there's no point in worrying about their absences.  For all we know Lallana could end up being a dud. 

Let's focus on what we KNOW we can count on, i.e., Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson etc.  If any of those went down then we'd really be in trouble.  As of right now Lallana's injury means absolutely nothing as he likely wasn't going to be a starter even if he had been fit.

I agree with your 'cope' thing. He never played a minute for us and I think we have good players in his position.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #130: Jul 26, 2014 09:28:25 am
      There is absolutely nothing to worry about. Maybe there is something to be disappointed about, as it would have been nice to see Adam feature for us sooner rather than later, but by no means is he better than Coutinho at AM or Sterling as wide forward.

The transfer to this day still baffles me. He was never worth £25m. It is good getting transfers in early, but the only downside to that is that other players become available later on in the market yet the money has already been spent for that position.

I will, however, continue to back Lallana as long as he is wearing a liverbird upon his chest. Crazy transfer feel yes, Liverpool player, yes.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #131: Jul 26, 2014 11:24:06 am
      Gutted for the lad, not even a single pre season appearance under his belt. Such a shame as a good solid pre season is always important, but maybe even more so for a new player coming into the club. Hope he recovers fully and as soon as possible.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #132: Jul 26, 2014 11:51:51 am
      Can we not wait to complain about 16m (not 25m) for Lallana being crazy till after we actually see him play for us?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #133: Jul 26, 2014 11:59:20 am
      Gutted about this -

However, I have seen a few LFC careers wrecked in a similar way - injury after a game or two then falter a lot...I hope its not going to be like this for the lad
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #134: Jul 26, 2014 12:24:16 pm
      as he likely wasn't going to be a starter even if he had been fit.

I think you're wrong here and I feel he was nailed on to start the season for us.

Also I think it's only natural for people to be disappointed the managers top target is going to miss the start of the season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #135: Jul 26, 2014 02:26:27 pm
      Not a good start to his career with us.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #136: Jul 26, 2014 02:30:23 pm
      lt not all bad, he only miss 3 or 4 games could be worse least he be back, maybe as sub come for westham or everton game get match fittest back up, plus he be training with england team in world cup so he be ok in fittest level, and maybe suso step up lf we need him, or will sign other attacking playe
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #137: Jul 26, 2014 02:31:25 pm
      could be lost worse he could be out for months,

Quick Reply