Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Kevin Stewart (Liverpool -> Hull)

Read 28610 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Re: Kevin Stewart Player Thread
      Reply #23: Jan 30, 2016 07:25:21 pm
      hes definitely got the quality to boss a midfield, hes impressed against west ham today, not scared to hold a ball up and look for a forward pass.

I thought he was ok and nothing special about him. Teixera and Brannagan were far better players
      baz_no5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8 posts |
      Reply #24: Jan 30, 2016 07:51:51 pm
      I thought he was ok and nothing special about him. Teixera and Brannagan were far better players

i thought he did the simpe stuff and alot of the "dirty" work today. got to remember teixera is 23 now, unless hes gonna be a late bloomer all that promise isnt going to show. granted stewarts 22 but klopp obviously sees something to give him game time. brannagan is quality. with all 3 though, compare them to the size of emre can at 22. some serious bulking up required
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #25: Jan 31, 2016 08:32:45 pm
      Thought he did the simple stuff quite well and put in a decent performance. It is a bit mad that he still plays for us though.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #26: Feb 10, 2016 12:02:48 am
      Thought he should get a mention as he played really well, how he survived that challenge without a broken leg, well done Roger East you w**ker!.

His mobility and tenacity in tackling in the DM role was clear to see as long as he keeps it simple as his passing is not up to scratch.
      Certainly gives us options for the rest of the season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #27: Feb 10, 2016 02:10:58 am
      Agree
      I was impressed.
      Did a lot of work and did it well.
      Not a bad squad player to have.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28: Feb 10, 2016 02:41:39 am
      Would have him ahead of Can
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29: Feb 10, 2016 04:07:55 am
      I really like Stewart, he has shown he is more than capable, but at 22, he needs to be playing weekly, and with the amount of established midfielders at our club, I think it would prove to be difficult. Could this be another Teixiera incident where he'll have to leave to find first team football? Be interesting to see what happens to him for the rest of the season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #30: Feb 11, 2016 12:19:15 am

Agree. More mobile and can pick up opposition movement much better. Was impressed by his tracking of West Ham players and was always competitive both in the original tie at Anfield and the replay.

As Monkey said he is 22 so will be looking to start more regularly. I'd like so see more of him. He's followed Klopp's instructions carefully and I think Klopp sees that and respects that.

God knows what Swindon were doing to him if he wasn't getting the appropriate game time there.* Almost another casualty of our former loan policy that treated many of our young players with little respect.

*edit: Just found out he was injured at Swindon and has to return to Liverpool
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #31: Feb 11, 2016 12:27:01 am
      Hilarious really considering the amount of passes Stewart misplaced last night . I can imagine the rage in the morning.
      Can is a year younger than Stewart in case any one missed it, a German international who has been run into the ground because of our lack of quality in CM.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32: Feb 17, 2016 07:26:46 am
      Gutted for this lad, just started to work his way into contention for a starting XI spot and gets ligament damage.

The injuries we've had this season are absolutely devastating.

Get well soon Kevin and keep your spirits up!

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #33: Feb 17, 2016 07:57:47 am
      Gutted for this lad, just started to work his way into contention for a starting XI spot and gets ligament damage.

The injuries we've had this season are absolutely devastating.

Get well soon Kevin and keep your spirits up!

YNWA

Yes, Luke. I feel for him after finding his feet. Good luck Kevin for your recovery and hope it is not serious.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #34: Feb 17, 2016 08:29:21 am
      Absolutely gutted for the young man. Really thought he could kick on and push for a place in the first 11 for next season. Get well soon Kevin.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #35: Feb 17, 2016 08:31:57 am
      Shame as he gave us a real option in that DM position. Hopefully it's not too bad and his back soon.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #36: Feb 17, 2016 10:00:21 am
      If we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all! Feckin unbelievable!
      Get well soon Kev.
      craigsmith1995
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #37: Feb 17, 2016 12:36:40 pm
      Gutted he is injured. He has been superb since coming back from his loan spell, especially West Ham away. Hope he has a speedy recovery and has a massive pre season for the reds.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #38: Feb 17, 2016 12:47:15 pm
      What more can happen this season.. injury wise
       sorry for the lad ,
       Just hate these training injuries, but than shows how seriously they take training
      Get Well Soon Kevin
      YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39: Feb 23, 2016 05:11:20 pm
      paul joyce ‏@pjoyceexpress 9m9 minutes ago
      Kevin Stewart agrees new Liverpool contract until 2020. Option for another year
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #40: Feb 23, 2016 05:15:44 pm
      paul joyce ‏@pjoyceexpress 9m9 minutes ago
      Kevin Stewart agrees new Liverpool contract until 2020. Option for another year

The lad has quietly being doing very well for himself, thought he was really knocking on the door for a first team place. Lucas also in line for a new deal it sounds like, all very ominous for Allen if you ask me, think his time might well be up.

Sure he's only relatively low wages too after basically being picked up out of contract after Spurs so nice cover to have in a player that is clearly progressing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #41: Feb 23, 2016 05:28:21 pm
      The lad has quietly being doing very well for himself, thought he was really knocking on the door for a first team place. Lucas also in line for a new deal it sounds like, all very ominous for Allen if you ask me, think his time might well be up.

Sure he's only relatively low wages too after basically being picked up out of contract after Spurs so nice cover to have in a player that is clearly progressing.

I get the feeling that Jürgen really really likes this guy and can see exactly what Alex Inglethorpe saw in him when he brought him to the club. Could be a very prosperous future for Kevin. I personally thought he was the man of the tie in both legs against West Ham and was unfortunate to be on the losing side. Delighted he's signed a new deal.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #42: Feb 23, 2016 06:15:12 pm
      Fantastic news for us and for Kevin. 

Not saying he's going to be a star player but he doesn't have to be to have a good career.  He's typical of so many young players who develop later than most Academies would like, was allowed to leave to find his own way, started again with us through his old Coach but never give up on his dream. 

In a way he's one of the lucky ones because so many fall by the wayside but he's also had the determination to prove people wrong, obviously worked hard in training to get the nod for those starting places and made it count when he got the opportunity.

Well played young man and well deserved.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #43: Feb 23, 2016 06:24:16 pm
      Fully deserved will be a decent squad player and you never know if he carries on improving.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Feb 23, 2016 06:49:00 pm
      Just seen the news, good on him. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on once he comes back from injury.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #45: Feb 23, 2016 07:16:08 pm
      Well done, took his chance when called upon and didn't disappoint.

Quick Reply