Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Life without Luis

Read 9625 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Life without Luis
      Reply #46: Jul 09, 2014 08:48:10 pm
      you think lads, we buy other forward
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #47: Jul 09, 2014 09:00:12 pm
      He hasn't gone yet.

And if Barca do not cough up, me may not be going, unlikely but possible.

I would love JWH to give them a cut off point where if they do not secure his signature, and hand over the reddies, the door is slammed shut.

TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #48: Jul 10, 2014 03:18:58 am
      Life without Luis..  hmm, well someone always steps up.  I was upset when Torres left, but Suarez came in.  So if Luis leaves, someone else will fill that role.  I think it's going to be Sturridge.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #49: Jul 10, 2014 04:27:55 am
      Sadly not feeling anywhere near as confident as most in here about life after Suarez..... so I will just leave it there.

That makes the two of us mate.

Not insinuating the end is here it's very diffult to adequately prepare for anything when you have just offloaded the best player in the world in my opinion.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #50: Jul 10, 2014 06:39:00 am
      I wonder will Coutinho and Sturridge form a good partnership again without Suarez being the primary target of attacks. They used to have a good understanding when Luis was serving his ban.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #51: Jul 10, 2014 07:16:57 am
      I wonder will Coutinho and Sturridge form a good partnership again without Suarez being the primary target of attacks. They used to have a good understanding when Luis was serving his ban.

I think so... as will Sterling and the rest of the team.  Sometimes when you have a guy like suarez.. the rest of the team is too focused in giving  him the ball.    Its like hendo played his best footy for us imo when gerrard was out for those few games. 

Btw as for life without suarez... cant wait for it to happen now.  It is not because I am angry or anything like that.  I am just tired of seeing our club being dragged down every so often by his antics... what the Uraguain team said about lfc and blaming us the club for suarezs bite is absolutely bollocks.. they should be ashamed spewing garbage like that

Had enough really.   
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #52: Jul 10, 2014 10:43:15 am
      I agree completely with a couple of the lads
      I was f***in devoed when Torres went f***in stunned.
      And look how that panned out.

Suarez has behaved a thousand times worse in relation to our club so why everyone thinks Torres is a c**t & still wants to blow Suarez is baffling in the extreme.

Now with Suarez i'm simply not arsed at all
      He's a fantastic player but he doesn't want to play for us.
      Fine punt him good dough & move on.

We'll be fine without him in fact we'll be a better team
      without all his sh*te.

If Barcelona cant afford him they can bung in Mascherano.
      We need him more than Sanchez anyway.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Jul 11, 2014 10:10:37 am
      Jesus there is no life after Suarez...

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/07/realignments/
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #54: Jul 11, 2014 12:40:01 pm
      Time to find a new hero.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #55: Jul 11, 2014 12:49:50 pm
      I'll see you guys later.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #56: Jul 11, 2014 12:50:06 pm
      Ah man im distraught! End of an Era
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #57: Jul 11, 2014 12:56:38 pm
      Tell you what, a bit like when someone you know is going to pass away and they actually go, I'm gutted. Whatever life will be like from a football point of view, it won't be as exciting or as much fun. I won't enjoy talking to fans of other clubs as much, won't enjoy them sh!tting themselves every time we get the ball forward as much. I love Luis as a player, and the crazier he was the more I loved him.

It's a sad day today, even though we all knew he was off.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #58: Jul 11, 2014 01:11:58 pm
      Outrageous talent, truly outrageous and the best player we've ever had, and I include Dalglish, Gerrard and Barnes etc. He just has something in him that's irrepressible and infectious

He might not have as much skill of a Barnes, or the temperament of a Dalglish, but he's the quickest thinker on the pitch I've ever seen, and he's so creative he tries things other players don't even dream of. That's what makes him so special; he's always trying different things and trying to be creative.

I'm reminded of that goal he scored against Norwich, and that header from outside the 18 yard area, but the goal that did it for me, that told me he was special, was that goal he scored against Sunderland (Mig ironically). He just shot when he was basically on the white line and scored - and it was deliberate and it was special. Remember how he used to play for corners off opposition defenders? What a cheeky outrageous little b***ard :D As clever as Dalglish was, I believe Suarez had a bit more

Best player in the world because he genuinely is an outrageous talent

Gutted he's gone, we might never see his like again. Unique
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #59: Jul 11, 2014 01:46:07 pm
      Can't say anymore than what Rush above me has just said really...
      We will struggle to find someone who can get the crowd buzzing and incite us in to fever pitch during a game like Luis did...
      It's a sad day for Liverpool Football Club today I don't care what anyone says..
      I just hope we can all draw the line now and move onwards and upwards..
      We've got a VERY important Premier League campaign starting in less than 6 weeks and we need to be right on the metal from the word go !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #60: Jul 11, 2014 01:48:33 pm
      Daniel Sturridge has always wanted to be the main man....now is your time Daniel.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #61: Jul 11, 2014 02:23:28 pm
      Hearing £75m... which if true, means that Rodgers does have some cash to splash on a great striker
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,165 posts | 8548 
      Reply #62: Jul 11, 2014 02:24:00 pm
      Luis Suarez: Liverpool & Barcelona agree £75m deal for striker

Liverpool have agreed to sell striker Luis Suarez to Barcelona for a fee thought to be about £75m.

The Uruguayan, 27, who is serving a four-month ban for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup, will sign a five-year deal.

Suarez, who scored 31 league goals last season, will travel to the Spanish club next week for a medical.
      "Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played," said Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.

Suarez - last season's Premier League top scorer and winner of the PFA and Football Writers' Player of the Year awards - signed for Liverpool from Ajax in 2011 for £22.7m, and had four years left on his contract.

The move to Barcelona takes Suarez closer to his wife Sofia's family.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision," said the striker, who is banned from "all football-related activity" until the end of October as he serves his third suspension for biting an opponent.

"This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right."

When he is eventually eligible to play again, Barcelona will have a formidable front line including Argentine Lionel Messi and Brazilian Neymar, as the club rebuilds under new coach Luis Enrique after its first season without a major trophy in six years.

If the transfer fee is confirmed at £75m, it will be the third biggest in football history after Gareth Bale (£86m Tottenham to Real Madrid, 2013) and Cristiano Ronaldo (£80m Manchester United to Real Madrid, 2009)

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain," said Suarez.

"Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club (Liverpool) and with the city, but most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans.

"You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it. We will always be Liverpool supporters."

In his statement, released on Liverpool's official website, Suarez concluded: "Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

Barcelona face a logistical conundrum regarding his presentation as their player - usually done at the Nou Camp which is opened up to fans - as his worldwide suspension extends to entering any football ground.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28180600

LFC statement: Suarez to leave

Liverpool Football Club today issued the following statement in relation to the future of Luis Suarez.

Liverpool FC confirms that Luis Suarez will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona. The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities, which will then conclude the transfer.

We would like to thank Luis for his contribution and the role he played in helping bring Champions League football back to Anfield.

Everyone at Liverpool Football Club wishes Luis and his family well for the future.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166178-lfc-statement-suarez-to-leave

Statement from Luis Suarez

Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

"Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166181-statement-from-luis-suarez

LFC statement: Rodgers on Suarez

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers today issued the below statement following the announcement that an agreement has been reached with Barcelona for Luis Suarez to leave the club.

"Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played in the team in the past two years, during my time at Liverpool.

"I think he would be the first to accept he has improved as a player over that period, along with the team and has benefited from being here, as we have benefited from him.

"The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try to keep Luis at Liverpool. It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges. We wish him and his young family well; we will always consider them to be friends.

"We are focused on the future, as we strive to continue with the progress we have made and build on last season's excellent Barclays Premier League campaign.

"I am confident we will improve the team further and will be stronger for this coming season, when we will be competing on all fronts; domestically and in the greatest club competition in the world, the Champions League.

"If there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual. I hope our supporters continue to dream and believe that we are moving forward and with continued improvement and progression, together we will bring the success we all crave and deserve."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166179-lfc-statement-rodgers-on-suarez
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #63: Jul 11, 2014 02:26:04 pm
      What a depressing day.

Going to miss the genius

:f_wah: :f_wah:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #64: Jul 11, 2014 02:27:01 pm
      Is that photograph real?

His head looks weird.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #65: Jul 11, 2014 02:39:41 pm
      Is that photograph real?

His head looks weird.

still got his teeth then I thought Barca may have insisted they were removed.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #66: Jul 11, 2014 02:52:04 pm
      I read somewhere before that suarez was involved for 43% of our goals last season.

Wow.

finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #67: Jul 11, 2014 02:56:53 pm
      Is that photograph real?

His head looks weird.

He's not in Barcelona yet so I would imagine this is photoshopped.
      Arshad 4pool
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -1 
      Reply #68: Jul 11, 2014 04:16:51 pm
      Obviously gutted. But he had to go even if he had not bitten chellini.
      Big regret that we didn't win epl last season. Also that we didn't
      rather couldn't, sign Sanchez. He would have been best available
      replacement, not that anybody can replace him. The reason is that suarez
      is a 2 in 1 player, i mean he can play both No 9 and No 10
      simultaneously, score as well as assist  No doubt he is not a saint
      and Infact cunning in many respects, One thing u could never accuse
      Luis of, was giving less than 100 % everytime he played for LFC. Also he hardly ever missed a game with injury, kept himself superfit. i'll always remember him for his unparalleled skill, passion, energy &above  all his goals. An era is gone  anyway show goes on and we need to pick ourselves up and find  a suitable striker, a proper No 9, because
      sturridge is injury prone and needs competition. Someone like a benzema or even a muller. What we don’t want  is a panic buy, an another ‘andy carrol’
      P.S it was good that his appeal against 4 months ban was rejected, had he stayed with us, would have missed  crucial opening months

Quick Reply