Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Life without Luis

Read 9623 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,007 posts | 3352 
      Re: Life without Luis
      Reply #69: Jul 11, 2014 04:21:15 pm
      Ah well.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,741 posts | 569 
      Reply #70: Jul 11, 2014 04:40:58 pm
      The next statement from that nest of vipers at the Nou Camp will be that they have overturned the 4 month ban and has now been awarded a FIFA fair play award.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #71: Jul 11, 2014 04:47:39 pm
      The next statement from that nest of vipers at the Nou Camp will be that they have overturned the 4 month ban and has now been awarded a FIFA fair play award.

Ha ha! Probably!

I worry about Luis choice slightly in all honesty. Barcelona are at their lowest stock in years and they've hired a manager who's record at Celta, Roma and Barca B was truly bang average. Luis Enrique isn't fit to press Brendan's suit. How is he the man to get the best out of Luis? As great as individual players are, they still need a fantastic manager to squeeze every bit of brilliance out of them. Enrique isn't that man. Neither Messi or Suarez will be as brilliant as they were under such management.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,525 posts | 719 
      Reply #72: Jul 11, 2014 05:24:12 pm
      Bony is a good player but seems to play a different style to suarez. He's less direct and likes to hold the ball up. It would mean a dif style of play. Not sure how it would work.

i wouldnt mind seeing a bid for james rodriguez or even (SHOCK) Carlos Tevez.....or LIVERPOOL MAKE SHOCK 50 MILLION POUND BID FOR WAYNE ROONEY
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #73: Jul 11, 2014 05:46:46 pm
      Bony is a good player but seems to play a different style to suarez. He's less direct and likes to hold the ball up. It would mean a dif style of play. Not sure how it would work.

i wouldnt mind seeing a bid for james rodriguez or even (SHOCK) Carlos Tevez.....or LIVERPOOL MAKE SHOCK 50 MILLION POUND BID FOR WAYNE ROONEY

I wouldn't give you 2p for Shrek.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #74: Jul 11, 2014 05:52:08 pm
      I wouldn't give you 2p for Shrek.

I wouldn't give you change from 2p most overated player in the premiership found out once again at the top level
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #75: Jul 11, 2014 06:13:21 pm
      Possibly our best ever player, going to take someone special to play like he did for us. Hope we don't struggle but until we get in new recruits we have a nowhere near as much of a goal threat.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,769 posts | 461 
      Reply #76: Jul 11, 2014 06:27:33 pm
      Luis, thanks for the memories, you played your ass off when wearing our shirt. I will miss you. Good luck in your future.
      LFC, onwards and upwards, nobody is bigger then the club
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #77: Jul 11, 2014 06:31:43 pm

Do you honestly think that?

I really liked Luis as a player but I couldn't put him that high..

Fair play if you do but I'd personally only just about get him in the top 10. Possibly.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,525 posts | 719 
      Reply #78: Jul 11, 2014 06:32:13 pm
      I wouldn't give you change from 2p most overated player in the premiership found out once again at the top level

thats a lil harsh, everyone played badly and woy stuck him left wing.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #79: Jul 11, 2014 06:37:07 pm

He is a blueshite and plays for the scum...why would you even mention his name.

This along with your other posts over the past month seem to bring out your true colors.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #80: Jul 11, 2014 06:43:11 pm

tell me which euro or world cup finals he has done anything remotely significant...save you the bother none.
      Now back to Luis despite all of the positive comments about our future we will miss him the same way we missed all of our stars when they left or retired.What comes next is the question will we sign a "marquee" player
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #81: Jul 11, 2014 06:44:04 pm

Fair play if you do but I'd personally only just about get him in the top 10. Possibly.

I do yeah, and a lot of people on here who have said so over the past season will probably now say he isn't given the fact he's off but he was an absolute genius. He scored so many incredible goals, he could go past players with ease and he was an incredible passer of the ball; he was constantly picking out players on the other side of the pitch without even taking a touch first to control the ball or setting up a goal for someone else, he always gave 110% and would even pull his weight defensively. 2 seasons running he hit the 30 goal mark and would have been more but for the suspensions. He was bringing out the best in players around him and the fact he was probably the best player in the world over the last year shows what a special player we had.

His control is up there with the best around too, I remember his goal against Newcastle season before last - incredible.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,525 posts | 719 
      Reply #82: Jul 11, 2014 06:46:02 pm
      He is a blueshite and plays for the scum...why would you even mention his name.

This along with your other posts over the past month seem to bring out your true colors.

Riiight cause no players have ever gone from everton to lfc or man u or vice versa?

Youre just mad cause i made that list of ppl who wanted Suarez out vs ppl who wanted to keep suarez.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,129 posts | 2772 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #83: Jul 11, 2014 06:50:35 pm
      Life without Luis..well move on we always do. Whose to say this might not turn out like Keegan/Dalglish. Everyone thought Keegan going would be the end only to be replaced by the king, maybe the same could happen again or maybe a slight tweak in our set up without him there might improve the side.

I lost a lot of respect for him last summer but he won a lot of it back with his attitude nevermind performances and goals. He no doubt let the club down at times and hurt the reputation of the club but 1 thing that can never be thrown at him is that he lacked effort or huffed. He always rolled up the sleeves and gave 100% and for that I tip my cap to him.

A genius with the ball, slightly flawed, but a genius. Wont be the same without him, but maybe it might be better who knows!!

Good luck to him and his family (odds must have increased surely on us and Barce drawing each other haven't they!! :) )
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #84: Jul 11, 2014 06:56:24 pm
      I do yeah, and a lot of people on here who have said so over the past season will probably now say he isn't given the fact he's off but he was an absolute genius. He scored so many incredible goals, he could go past players with ease and he was an incredible passer of the ball; he was constantly picking out players on the other side of the pitch without even taking a touch first to control the ball or setting up a goal for someone else, he always gave 110% and would even pull his weight defensively. 2 seasons running he hit the 30 goal mark and would have been more but for the suspensions. He was bringing out the best in players around him and the fact he was probably the best player in the world over the last year shows what a special player we had.

His control is up there with the best around too, I remember his goal against Newcastle season before last - incredible.

We have had plenty of players who have done all that over a longer period of time and we have won things during that period

Not taking away from his obvious quality

It's easy to say that people will say that he isn't now he's off but at the same time it's easy to forget players in the past who have done it over a sustained period.

Quality quality player.. But best ever?
      Not for me.

But that's not me saying you can't think he is, just Suprised it all
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #85: Jul 11, 2014 06:59:56 pm
      We have had plenty of players who have done all that over a longer period of time and we have won things during that period

Not taking away from his obvious quality

It's easy to say that people will say that he isn't now he's off but at the same time it's easy to forget players in the past who have done it over a sustained period.

Quality quality player.. But best ever?
      Not for me.

But that's not me saying you can't think he is, just Suprised it all

I'm not forgetting the other great players who have been at the club but I don't think the period of time should come into it too much, he spent a good few season with us and was just getting better and better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he IS the best we've ever had, just that he is potentially the best we've had but something like this we will never know because of how much football has changed over the years and all the great players we've had weren't in the same era so it just comes down to opinion really. Not saying my opinion is that he is the best we've ever had, just that he is a candidate for it.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,167 posts | 829 
      Reply #86: Jul 11, 2014 07:14:59 pm

Definitely the best player I have ever seen in a red shirt (in terms of ability and entertainment) , but not the GREATEST.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #87: Jul 11, 2014 07:35:04 pm
      Definitely the best player I have ever seen in a red shirt (in terms of ability and entertainment) , but not the GREATEST.

Fair enough.. Not more me like but that's more as a testament to the great players we have had than detrimental to Luis

Would be an interesting debate in time.. Maybe too emotive right now
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #88: Jul 11, 2014 07:58:07 pm
      On the plus side, we'll no longer have that lingering feeling of "a lengthy ban is around the corner" anymore.
      wallbanger 5d
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #89: Jul 11, 2014 07:58:17 pm
      My take on this post is this. The reds can't expect replacements to score 31 goals. The strategy must be to tighten up on defence. We need a stay at home defender like carra was.   
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #90: Jul 11, 2014 08:09:31 pm
      I'd have him 4th on my all time list......

But then again I'm only talking about the No.7 jersey  ;)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #91: Jul 11, 2014 08:12:02 pm
      Riiight cause no players have ever gone from everton to lfc or man u or vice versa?

Youre just mad cause i made that list of ppl who wanted Suarez out vs ppl who wanted to keep suarez.

No not mad at all.

Was not fussed on Luis's decision as it was always coming no matter.

Just made me laugh when I saw a red would even consider putting shrek into the squad.

Says it all really.

Quick Reply